Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization.

The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread. I_vote_lcap15%The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread. I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread. I_vote_lcap85%The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread. I_vote_rcap 85% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread. Empty The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Sep 2016, 04:15

Hello all,

I decided to make this new thread as a continuation of the other discussion here. In this thread, we can discuss about the details involving the prospective "TS4 Gallery Exchange" on the forum here, which is going to be managed by user @kitty10136. Carlos is tha man Very Happy   So far I haven't really put that much thought into it, but we can figure out the details along the way.  

@kitty10136 - and all others - for now there is this: would you prefer...

1) a single thread, where in the opening post all links to gallery requests are posted, and people simply post their requests in that thread. Or...

2) a special subforum just for that Gallery exchange where people need to create one (1) topic, in which they can request their stuff. For this, I had in mind a similar format like with Games4theworld's Wishlist-section.

Smile

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 19:55; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread. Empty Re: The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread.

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2016, 17:06

I prefer the subforum reason being that if a person wants to request something else they can simply reply to their original post instead of creating a new topic. The subject for their topic could be their name which would make things easier when there are multiple requests from a single person.

Also, we would need a sticky informing them of the rules regarding request as not all downloads will be playable because of the difference in game version.

The requested item will have to be originally posted BEFORE June 7, 2016 - the date Dine Out was released. I've play tested items from July and they weren't playable.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread. Empty Re: The Sims 4 Gallery Exchange - organization & feedback thread.

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2016, 18:05

This would be hard thing do as many users will just come here for Gallery, but I guess we can work it out. To this day I use The Sims 4 CAS Demo to download sim. Choice is very limited, but you can get pretty nice sims to start with. Also, you can get pretty good houses from www.sims4houses.com, just type no cc. I think this is very good idea, but that more people, who have legit game, should join so that it wouldn't be slammed on one person.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Sep 2016, 19:02

kitty10136 wrote:I prefer the subforum reason being that if a person wants to request something else they can simply reply to their original post instead of creating a new topic. The subject for their topic could be their name which would make things easier when there are multiple requests from a single person.

Also, we would need a sticky informing them of the rules regarding request as not all downloads will be playable because of the difference in game version.

The requested item will have to be originally posted BEFORE June 7, 2016 - the date Dine Out was released. I've play tested items from July and they weren't playable.

I did want to ask about the date though...you said June 7th 2016 was the "deadline" for the requests being originally posted. According to this here, the patch version 1.21.32.1020 came out on 14th of July. I would have thought that anything prior to that date could still work, because until that date everybody was still on 1.20.60.1020, which is the version of the pirated releases. Or am I missing something here? Very Happy  But yes, figuring this out in advance is going to be a huge time-saver for you in the long run.

The sticky with the rules sounds good; I would also add another sticky/announcement though in which all requests are re-posted, so people have the option to look up what has been requested so far, without opening a new topic or sifting through the mass of threads. I know that you will need to post every link twice...once in the actual thread and then again in the sticky. Another possibility: you just use this sticky for posting the links, and then in the actual threads where people request stuff, you re-direct them to the sticky. 

Also, most people will probably use "request" as their topic title, or use the name of the sim/lot that they request, which is one reason I originally thought about the solution with just one giant and on-going thread. Instead of an actual subforum. But I guess it's doable (and I haven't voted in the poll here yet). We'll just have to find ways to keep everything as clean and organized as possible. People should indeed only create one thread and post all their requests there. Duplicate threads are to be merged. We can indeed put it in the rules that people should use their own forum username as the topic title, but it will also mean that in most cases, people will just write "request" or something else along these lines. So the topic titles will need to be modified, pretty often I guess.  Shocked  If feasible, the Admins can change the settings such that the threads in that subforum are sorted alphabetically, by topic title.

Having an actual subforum will also be beneficial in the event we create a formal TS4 Item Exchange on here, where users can create their own stuff and upload them here. So this Gallery-section could then be part of the Exchange.

simmer_tony wrote:I think this is very good idea, but that more people, who have legit game, should join so that it wouldn't be slammed on one person.

That is also a point that concerns me here. pale  In the long run, we'll be hoping that more people join in, but in my experience...I'm afraid the chances are small. It's already more than difficult to get people actively involved when we do official Helper-recruitments. Reasons are usually to be found along the lines of underestimating the time effort involved in doing this work, or flawed expectations of becoming a team member on G4TW (expectation to get paid, to be promoted to Admin/Mod straight away, etc.).

My suggestion would have been to put in the rules for this Gallery-Requests section, some sort of reminder that this 'service' for now is going to be just something experimental, and that the service can be terminated anytime. Of course it looks weird if we start something and then possibly quit. I am not saying it is going to happen, but we still need to think about the "what if"...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2016, 19:23

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

I did want to ask about the date though...you said June 7th 2016 was the "deadline" for the requests being originally posted. According to this here, the patch version 1.21.32.1020 came out on 14th of July. I would have thought that anything prior to that date could still work, because until that date everybody was still on 1.20.60.1020, which is the version of the pirated releases. Or am I missing something here? Very Happy  But yes, figuring this out in advance is going to be a huge time-saver for you in the long run.

Sorry about that. As long as they request items that would be compatible with the game version we have it would work. I'm still testing items so that I can have a cut-off point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 04:17

I think this is a good idea, there's actually a few lots I've wanted from gallery.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Sep 2016, 16:41

Alright, so a new subforum then. Keeping an overview of all the requested/uploaded items is going to be a real pain, but hey, I guess that's also democracy. 

Haters gonna hate Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 19:17

I have been pretty much waiting for something like this, so I had to join and give suggestions XD
I think it should be a subforum and should have sub-categories like how the Gallery does, so a "Lots" section, "Sims" and "Household" section etc. Inside each category i'm thinking a stickynote of rules/request format (saying the name of what they want and who it's made by etc so it's easier for the person to find).  Also inside each category, a stickynote that has "Lots" (for example) so its just a catalog that a person can browse and see screenshots of lots and the link to download it, basically a quick list of all lots that have already been requested all in one spot so ppl won't request the same thing twice. If someone does request the same thing, they can just be directed to the big list of Lots. Or there can just be one request section. I just think the other way is more organized. 

Sidenote, a great way to share downloads is simfileshare as after u upload something the content is there forever, it never disappears and u don't have to signup to download off of it.

As for CC, that will be tricky, but often ppl who use it do post links to where to install the items.

I think this will require at least a couple of ppl to help as i imagine ppl indeed requesting lots of things. Wish I could help because I totally would as I truly think this would make lots of ppl happy, but I do not own the game. Hope my suggestions were helpful.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Sep 2016, 20:41

Honey Empress wrote:I have been pretty much waiting for something like this, so I had to join and give suggestions XD
I think it should be a subforum and should have sub-categories like how the Gallery does, so a "Lots" section, "Sims" and "Household" section etc. Inside each category i'm thinking a stickynote of rules/request format (saying the name of what they want and who it's made by etc so it's easier for the person to find).  Also inside each category, a stickynote that has "Lots" (for example) so its just a catalog that a person can browse and see screenshots of lots and the link to download it, basically a quick list of all lots that have already been requested all in one spot so ppl won't request the same thing twice. If someone does request the same thing, they can just be directed to the big list of Lots. Or there can just be one request section. I just think the other way is more organized. 

Hello and welcome to the forum @Honey Empress, Smile

Thanks for the post! As of right now, I was thinking of creating just one (1) Gallery-Exchange section. In which people can request both lots and sims. The idea of separate subsections only for lots & sims, and with sticky notes & screenshots sounds not bad. 

Let's see what @kitty10136 has to say about it though.  Talk to my rite hand
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 21:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Honey Empress wrote:I have been pretty much waiting for something like this, so I had to join and give suggestions XD

Hello and welcome to the forum @Honey Empress, Smile

Thanks for the post! As of right now, I was thinking of creating just one (1) Gallery-Exchange section. In which people can request both lots and sims. The idea of separate subsections only for lots & sims, and with sticky notes & screenshots sounds not bad. 

Let's see what @kitty10136 has to say about it though.  Talk to my rite hand

I love her (or his...I'm not sure) idea about the sub-categories and the listing of downloads. It would make things a lot easier especially, like she (he) said, when more than one person requests the same thing.

As for helping, I don't mind the help. You don't have to own the game to make a contribution. If they want, they can be the ones to upload to the simfileshare account (if they are willing to create it in their name). I can search for the requests, play test them and send them to Honey Empress for upload to the site.

How the files would be sent is something we need to discuss.

What say you @Honey Empress?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 16 Sep 2016, 21:57

kitty10136 wrote:I prefer the subforum reason being that if a person wants to request something else they can simply reply to their original post instead of creating a new topic. The subject for their topic could be their name which would make things easier when there are multiple requests from a single person.

My preference also goes out to a subforum, but, I think it would be better if the topic title includes the itemname rather than the requester's name. In case anyone uses the search function.

And yes, it needs 2 stickies. One with the request rules, and one with a list of (uploaded) requests with downloadlinks. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 22:08

Thanks for the welcome!  I'm glad the ideas are well received.

As far as sharing files, the easiest way to share them is downloading sims 4 tray importer (it's a program that allows u to both view and easily export sims, lots etc if u have tons of stuff saved in ur Sims Tray Folder at once). 

I would love to help in any way. I actually do have a SimeFileShare acct that is already verified, So I wouldn't mind doing that or helping manage screenshots, posts etc. As for how to share it with me, perhaps could use Dropbox, email, or something of the sort. BTW, I am indeed a girl XD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Sep 2016, 22:52

kitty10136 wrote:As for helping, I don't mind the help. You don't have to own the game to make a contribution. If they want, they can be the ones to upload to the simfileshare account (if they are willing to create it in their name). I can search for the requests, play test them and send them to Honey Empress for upload to the site.

I mean, feel free to work out some of these little details among yourselves, but..in my opinion, it might be more efficient if you uploaded the items yourself and straight away, rather than sending the things to someone else first. I mean, if you absolutely want to do that, then it's fine with me, but in terms of 'workflow' it doesn't make that much sense to me (sorry if I sound overly pessimistic).

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 23:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
kitty10136 wrote:As for helping, I don't mind the help. You don't have to own the game to make a contribution. If they want, they can be the ones to upload to the simfileshare account (if they are willing to create it in their name). I can search for the requests, play test them and send them to Honey Empress for upload to the site.

I mean, feel free to work out some of these little details among yourselves, but..in my opinion, it might be more efficient if you uploaded the items yourself and straight away, rather than sending the things to someone else first. I mean, if you absolutely want to do that, then it's fine with me, but in terms of 'workflow' it doesn't make that much sense to me (sorry if I sound overly pessimistic).

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

No you are not pessimistic, you are being realistic. This needs to be well though out to prevent hiccups in the future, so any and all suggestions are being taken into consideration. Since you have more experience in this field, your view is highly appreciated. If you think that it would be easier then I trust you opinion. I'll open an account with SimFileShare and we can go from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 10:44

Correct me if I'm wrong but SimsFileShare is a platform for one's OWN creations and not as a copy of the Gallery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 16:19

I think if someone has the latest version of the game and they choose (for example a sim) that was made from a latest version, it won't be downloaded by someone who don't have the latest version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 17:05

Tarac wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but SimsFileShare is a platform for one's OWN creations and not as a copy of the Gallery

You are correct. I signed up yesterday and it is indeed for creators to upload their own creations and recolors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 17:24

kitty10136 wrote:
Tarac wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but SimsFileShare is a platform for one's OWN creations and not as a copy of the Gallery

You are correct. I signed up yesterday and it is indeed for creators to upload their own creations and recolors.
So it look like we have to use some kind of Cloud like f.e. Mega
Description + pictures on G4TW with a link to Mega for the download ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 21:10

Tarac wrote:
kitty10136 wrote:

So it look like we have to use some kind of Cloud like f.e. Mega
Description + pictures on G4TW with a link to Mega for the download ?

I decided to use Mega so I created an account. There will be a link to the Mega download and pictures.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Sep 2016, 11:27

Sorry for the delay, but here goes a preliminary suggestion for a rules-post.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
1. At first, check to see if your Gallery-wish hasn't already been uploaded on the Forum here. For the sticky that contains a list with all the uploaded wishes and some pictures, please check this page here [Insert link]. There are various ways to find out about gallery-items, such as blogs, YouTube channels, or even the online version of the TS4 gallery here

2. If you cannot find your wish on the list you can create a new topic. Please keep ALL your wishes in one single thread only, instead of opening multiple threads for every single request. In the event you decide to visit the forum at a later point again, and you are having difficulties 'finding' the thread you created, you can click in the top right corner of the forum where it says "Welcome [your username]". Then click on "My Topics". In general we won't be closing these threads (unless we have a serious reason to do so), because we expect most people to get back to their topic at one or another, to post another wish.

3. Please be patient while waiting for your wish to be fulfilled.  alien  clown

4. All requested items will be tested prior to being uploaded on the Forum, however, in some cases you will be told that the wish cannot be granted, because of technical reasons: the item(s) you requested were created with an Origin-version of The Sims 4, which is usually farther ahead in terms of patch version, than the games from RELOADED/Games4theworld. Of course, you could then simply request a new item, if there is something else that you find interesting.

5. In the thread that you created, you will also receive the item(s) in a reply, if the wish can be fulfilled. Make sure to insert the item(s) into the following location on your computer - C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray.

6. And...you're ready to play !  I'm so happy emergaw 

Questions and Answers.

Arrow  How long does it take exactly for wishes to be fulfilled? We are all volunteers, and the entire G4TW platform is merely a hobby. All team members are either studying, working or otherwise engaged in the current of real-life. We will be trying to grant wishes no longer than 48 hours after the wish has been posted on the forum, but in some cases it may take a bit longer. Sometimes it will take less time. Please bear with us.

Arrow  What's up with the thing about the "higher patch version" that you mentioned above? Items uploaded to the official Sims 4 gallery were created by people who own the game on Origin. The thing now is, the RELOADED/Games4theworld versions of the game are usually lagging behind, and typically support a patch version that is "lower" than the Origin-version. You would end up with an error message, saying that the sim/lot you're trying to use was created with a newer version of The Sims 4.

Arrow  Well then, why not keep the RELOADED Sims 4 games up-to-date more quickly then? As of the time being, we do not create those games ourselves, and rely on third-parties (and we are not in contact with them either). For more information about how upcoming TS4 updates are handled, please check the announcement here.

Arrow  How can I say "thanks"? Feel free to open a new thread in this section here  if you like. Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Further suggestions are welcome.  What a Face
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2016, 13:01

A suggested timespan of 48 hours ?
Seems a bit short as G4TW has members all over the world and in different timezones.
I would suggest 1 week or better no timelimit at all.
Download - test - upload can be quite time consuming  especially when there are many requests.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2016, 18:41

Question...if the person only has one thread with their name on it, how would u know when it's been updated with new stuff?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Sep 2016, 19:07

Tarac wrote:A suggested timespan of 48 hours ?
Seems a bit short as G4TW has members all over the world and in different timezones.
I would suggest 1 week or better no timelimit at all.
Download - test - upload can be quite time consuming  especially when there are many requests.

That is a good point @Tarac, and indeed, that timeframe was a suggestion.  Talk to my rite hand  My initial suspicion has not changed: I believe that over time, there will be lots of these requests. On the other hand, while the 48 hours was a suggestion, experience shows if you take too long to reply to people, they won't bother reading the reply. It's the same with general support requests here: you take too long to reply, people won't bother coming back to the thread, even if you do reply belatedly.

How is that: the timeframe in the text is removed and replaced by something along the lines of "approximately a few days" ? Depending how (well) things go, we can edit the rules-post at any time and make adjustments accordingly. Smile

Honey Empress wrote:Question...if the person only has one thread with their name on it, how would u know when it's been updated with new stuff?

The idea was to create a second sticky/announcement, apart from the rules-thread. And in this sticky, there is going to be a list, with links and pictures to all the requested items. When people create their threads and post wishes, they are re-directed to the (updated) sticky.

At that point, the question is a bit related to the one Tarac posted before. Depending on how things go, the list can be updated sooner - or later than 48 hours. Or any other timeframe we may come up with. As with other important threads on the forum, we can put the latest date of modification in the actual topic title of the sticky. And then again at the beginning of the actual thread, maybe even in bold red letters.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Sep 2016, 20:09

It seems to me that it would work best if whoever's going to upload the file (currently "just" kitty, but perhaps more people in the future) can reply with an estimate. Along the lines of:

"Hello,

Thank you for your request!

I will need a couple of days, please check back in [x amount of] days, or "follow" this topic to receive a notification in your e-mail when there is a new reply to your thread.

We appreciate your patience"

In the sticky, we will post a screenshot of how to follow one's topic.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2016, 20:46

I have no knowledge of the technical structure of this forum but (if possible) consider the following:

1. Add a new board Sims-4 Gallery requests.
2. Every new request is in a seperate topic on that board.
3. Last request comes on top
4. Answered requests are marked [Solved] wihout changing date of entry (editing by moderator) and a link to the download from Mega is published in that specific topic leaving the original order intact.

Request
Request
Request
Request
Request
Request [solved]
Request [solved]
Request [solved]
Request [solved]

This method will show howmany unsolved requests are posted before yours and will give some indication of how long it will take before it's your turn to expect an answer.
When a topic is marked [solved] the moderator can enter the date/time of the upload together with the link.

Possible problem with forum rules: No outside links to illegal sites, in this case the Mega cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top