Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 02:40

Hi guys! Im just wondering if all the packs here is compatible with the real version of sims 4 (the one that u buy instead of torrenting) Pretty much a straightforward question but any comments or additional information would be gladly appreciated. Ty in advance <3

Back to top Go down

Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Oct 2016, 08:51

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Hi guys! Im just wondering if all the packs here is compatible with the real version of sims 4 (the one that u buy instead of torrenting) Pretty much a straightforward question but any comments or additional information would be gladly appreciated. Ty in advance <3

Hello @Serena Leonhardt,

If you buy the base game of The Sims 4 on Origin, then you could add the pirated DLC from Games4theworld to it (as of now, these are Get to Work, Get together and the latest TS4 Ultimate fix). However, unless you want to access the Gallery of TS4, it's pointless to burn money for an Origin base game. You might just as well pirate the base game, too.

If you do go ahead with buying the base game, please see also this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-on-origin-a-note-on-automatic-game-updates

Good luck! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 01:23

Thanks! I read it and it was very helpful.

Additional questions: Do I have to change the file location of Sims 4 (Origin) to the Sims 4 (Crack)'s location so the ultimate fix will work? Also, should I make a mistake and Origin detects the pirated stuff and renders the game unplayable, is it possible for me to get it to work again by simply uninstalling then reinstalling the game?

PS: This is my first time downloading from EA so what im saying might be a little confusing or dumb ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Oct 2016, 18:15

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Thanks! I read it and it was very helpful.

Additional questions: Do I have to change the file location of Sims 4 (Origin) to the Sims 4 (Crack)'s location so the ultimate fix will work? Also, should I make a mistake and Origin detects the pirated stuff and renders the game unplayable, is it possible for me to get it to work again by simply uninstalling then reinstalling the game?

PS: This is my first time downloading from EA so what im saying might be a little confusing or dumb ^_^

Hello again,

For the time being you can leave the install folder of The Sims 4, under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games. Should you end up with the "Origin must be running error", you could then try moving the folder directly under C:\Program files (x86), instead.

You should also keep the install order (of G4TW-items), as outlined here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

That means, you download and install the items in the following order: Get to Work -> Get together -> (latest) TS4 Ultimate fix. In that order, you need to copy and paste these items, over your base folder of TS4.

Also, make sure to have Origin completely turned off prior to playing the (now cracked) TS4. That also includes the log-in prompt. And you start the game by means of the TS4.exe, located under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin - after you installed the other items in the order I mentioned. If you have a 64-bit Windows, you may also use the TS4_x64.exe though. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 19:10

So in order to do that, I must play without logging in to Origin? But I tried both applications (TS4 and TS4 x64) and they both require me to log in the Origin.  Does that mean I can only while Origin is up? What can I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Oct 2016, 21:56

Serena Leonhardt wrote:So in order to do that, I must play without logging in to Origin? But I tried both applications (TS4 and TS4 x64) and they both require me to log in the Origin.  Does that mean I can only while Origin is up? What can I do?

So...you DID install now Get to Work, then Get together, and finally the latest Ultimate fix? And did you ALWAYS make sure to actually replace the existing files/folders, when you copied these downloads, over your base game folder of The Sims 4?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 22:29

No. I did not install the expansion packs or any other packs. Only the base game. Im planning on getting them using the ultimate fix. When i start the application, it always asks me to log in.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Oct 2016, 23:05

Serena Leonhardt wrote:No. I did not install the expansion packs or any other packs. Only the base game. Im planning on getting them using the ultimate fix. When i start the application, it always asks me to log in.

But you have to install Get to Work, and then also Get together, prior to applying the Ultimate fix. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 23:38

Oh ok Im getting it Very Happy (Sorry xD). So if I install both then apply the ultimate fix in C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4, when I click any one of the two applications (TS4.exe and TS4_64.exe), it would no longer ask me for my account? 

If it doesnt, then that means I'll play the Origin Sims 4 offline, but I also want to access the gallery at the same time (which you need being online for). Is there any way I can access the gallery online and still have the crack version without getting caught?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Oct 2016, 07:14

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Oh ok Im getting it Very Happy (Sorry xD). So if I install both then apply the ultimate fix in C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4, when I click any one of the two applications (TS4.exe and TS4_64.exe), it would no longer ask me for my account? 

Exactly that.

Imagine the game would allow you NOW to start it without Origin. You could simply copy the folder and share it with other people. Of course that's not going to work, since EA won't allow that. Razz  You have to replace these original .exe files, with the ones available from RELOADED/Games4theworld. I would, however, also suggest you make sure to configure all your anti-virus exclusions beforehand, see e.g.the (longer) post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

This may look like some work, but it is unfortunately necessary. Depending on the (anti-virus) software that you are using, you may even have to do some more research on your own.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2016, 17:28

Ok thank you! If it doesn't asks me for my account any longer prior logging in, will I still be able to go online and access the gallery even if I have a crack in the Origin Sims 4? Im guessing not but further clarifications would be nice Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Oct 2016, 18:06

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Ok thank you! If it doesn't asks me for my account any longer prior logging in, will I still be able to go online and access the gallery even if I have a crack in the Origin Sims 4? Im guessing not but further clarifications would be nice Very Happy

Theoretically it should work, but when you "switch back" to the cracked game, you will need to delete the GameVersion.txt file located under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

Mind you though: if you were planning to transfer Gallery-items into your cracked Sims 4, that is not possible anymore. See this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23864-update-on-the-games4theworld-ts4-gallery
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2016, 20:25

Ahhh I see. Well can I at least keep the crack version of the Sims 4 game updated to the latest version like the origin Sims 4, or is that not possible?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Oct 2016, 20:29

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Ahhh I see. Well can I at least keep the crack version of the Sims 4 game updated to the latest version like the origin Sims 4, or is that not possible?

If you copy and paste the cracked contents over your Origin-game (which is what you originally asked), then updating through Origin will ruin everything. I suggest you refrain from doing so. Razz

And the only way to update the cracked game is when a new update is released - either by Games4theworld or any other torrent uploader. Origin is not at all involved in anything, about the cracked game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2016, 03:09

So having the Origin copy of Sims 4 is useless and cannot give you any benefits when combined with the crack version?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Oct 2016, 08:39

Serena Leonhardt wrote:So having the Origin copy of Sims 4 is useless and cannot give you any benefits when combined with the crack version?

As of now, yes, that is the case.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2016, 16:05

Oh well thats unfortuante.  By 'as of now' do you think they're working on a fix to bypass the gallery restriction (by that I mean the gallery items being no longer allowed in crack versions)? Also, the new City Living expansion pack is about to be released and that means the ultimate fix or the expansion will be updated/released with the latest version of Sims 4 (I think? Correct me if I am wrong). How long do you think this will take? I know this is asked a lot of times but I just want to know your opinion. Ty <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2016, 16:48

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Oh well thats unfortuante.  By 'as of now' do you think they're working on a fix to bypass the gallery restriction (by that I mean the gallery items being no longer allowed in crack versions)? Also, the new City Living expansion pack is about to be released and that means the ultimate fix or the expansion will be updated/released with the latest version of Sims 4 (I think? Correct me if I am wrong). How long do you think this will take? I know this is asked a lot of times but I just want to know your opinion. Ty <3

Nobody can predict an exact date. It all depends on how quick teams like Skidrown and Reloaded can crack the game.
If Electronic Arts has not used additional boobytraps, I estimate that a new version will be available on the internet by the weekend.

//EDIT

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Serena Leonhardt wrote:So having the Origin copy of Sims 4 is useless and cannot give you any benefits when combined with the crack version?

As of now, yes, that is the case.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
You can have 2 versions on your computer, an original and a cracked one, but it is complicated.
Move, not copy, your installationfolder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 over to f.e. an external HDD.
Let Origin install your bought copies.
Make a shortcut of the file TS4.exe and/or TS4_x64.exe from the folder of your external HDD.
Now you can play both versions and access the Gallery.
Both versions will use the same folder in C:\User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and as the versionnumbers between original and pirate will differ you have to remove the file GameVersion from that folder everytime after you've played the original version. (Error: Can't start the game because of .... please update via Origin)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2016, 16:53

Ok thanks guys. I really appreciate the help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Oct 2016, 18:07

totalsims wrote:You can have 2 versions on your computer, an original and a cracked one, but it is complicated.
Move, not copy, your installationfolder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 over to f.e. an external HDD.
Let Origin install your bought copies.
Make a shortcut of the file TS4.exe and/or TS4_x64.exe from the folder of your external HDD.
Now you can play both versions and access the Gallery.
Both versions will use the same folder in C:\User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and as the versionnumbers between original and pirate will differ you have to remove the file GameVersion from that folder everytime after you've played the original version. (Error: Can't start the game because of .... please update via Origin)

Hello and welcome to the forum @totalsims!

You are correct; I have myself both a legit copy and the G4TW version installed on my computer. And if you know what you're doing it's not very complicated at all. But since the OP asked whether there were (special?) advantages to the Origin-version, I didn't mention this. I guess that being able to play with a newer base game patch can be seen as an advantage, so I indeed could have mentioned this particular thing. Even though I personally consider that a negligible advantage, at best. Very Happy

In practice a lot of people seem to be having difficulties keeping the folders under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 kind of 'separate', so I mostly refrain from going into that terrain unless people directly ask about it. And unless you know what you're doing, I strongly recommend keeping two (2) different "The Sims 4" folders under Documents\Electronic Arts. One for the Origin-version, the other for the cracked game, and you'd have to constantly rename the appropriate folder before starting a game (see e.g. the earlier discussion in this topic) in order to not mix them up. 

E.g. you have a folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts, and you're playing the Origin-version. Then you install the cracked version. Before starting the cracked game, you should rename the folder into something like The Sims 4_Origin. When you then start the cracked game, a new folder will be created: this new folder will be for the cracked game and the other one will be ignored since it has been renamed. Now, when you want to play on Origin, you do it the other way round: rename the folder into "The Sims 4_cracked" or something like that, and when you play on Origin, a new folder for that, will be created as well. It may sound a bit difficult, but once you get the idea, it shouldn't be too difficult.

You could then, if you wanted, transfer stuff like houses or sims from your cracked game, into the folder for the Origin-version.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2016, 19:03

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum @totalsims!

You are correct; I have myself both a legit copy and the G4TW version installed on my computer. And if you know what you're doing it's not very complicated at all. But since the OP asked whether there were (special?) advantages to the Origin-version, I didn't mention this. I guess that being able to play with a newer base game patch can be seen as an advantage, so I indeed could have mentioned this particular thing. Even though I personally consider that a negligible advantage, at best. Very Happy

In practice a lot of people seem to be having difficulties keeping the folders under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 kind of 'separate', so I mostly refrain from going into that terrain unless people directly ask about it. And unless you know what you're doing, I strongly recommend keeping two (2) different "The Sims 4" folders under Documents\Electronic Arts. One for the Origin-version, the other for the cracked game, and you'd have to constantly rename the appropriate folder before starting a game (see e.g. the earlier discussion in this topic) in order to not mix them up. 

E.g. you have a folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts, and you're playing the Origin-version. Then you install the cracked version. Before starting the cracked game, you should rename the folder into something like The Sims 4_Origin. When you then start the cracked game, a new folder will be created: this new folder will be for the cracked game and the other one will be ignored since it has been renamed. Now, when you want to play on Origin, you do it the other way round: rename the folder into "The Sims 4_cracked" or something like that, and when you play on Origin, a new folder for that, will be created as well. It may sound a bit difficult, but once you get the idea, it shouldn't be too difficult.

You could then, if you wanted, transfer stuff like houses or sims from your cracked game, into the folder for the Origin-version.
Thanks for the welcome,

When you use only 1 Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder for both legal and illegal versions of the game a simple deletion of the file GameVersion seems to me easier and less prone to mistakes than renaming the folder every time you switch between games. Downloaded houses, sims aso are immediately available in both versions.
Bear in mind however that such newer downloads will not always be playable in the pirated game. Usually the original game will have a higher version number than the cracked game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Oct 2016, 19:18

totalsims wrote:Bear in mind however that such newer downloads will not always be playable in the pirated game. 

Exactly that, and in fact, gallery items - as of patch 1.24 - are not usable anymore in the 1.20 (cracked) game. See this. Other than that it's a neat alternative, especially if you're not so much into script mods or the like. Very Happy

I used to download many Gallery items, so that people could put them into their cracked games, hence I have gotten used to having two "The Sims 4" folders under Documents\Electronic Arts. Of course: in my case and since I don't care about mods in general, I could be fine with just deleting the GameVersion.txt as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 02:06

Hey sorry for bringing this up again but since theoretically, I can combine the expansions and fix from this site to the origin base game, does that mean I will get the latest updates for the game but can only play offline? I also must update the game manually (disabling the auto update) to prevent detection? Please correct me if Im wrong. I might be starting to get annoying but please bear with me xD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Nov 2016, 17:33

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Hey sorry for bringing this up again but since theoretically, I can combine the expansions and fix from this site to the origin base game, does that mean I will get the latest updates for the game but can only play offline? I also must update the game manually (disabling the auto update) to prevent detection? Please correct me if Im wrong. I might be starting to get annoying but please bear with me xD

In that case, why not keep the install locations separate? You leave your Origin-folder untouched, and install the pirated TS4 in a different location. Because you can't really install your pirate stuff "on top" of the legit game and expect that to go flawless. Smile  If you still want to keep playing your Origin game, you should really keep two (2) different installations of The Sims 4.

The Origin-one will still be under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games. Updating your legit game should not affect the pirated installation, which will be under C:\Program files (x86), if you install the G4TW-items.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 05:47

You're not really answering my questions.. I know there is a chance that it might go wrong, but what I really want to know is whether it is possible to play/update the game with the crack inside of it? Im still going to add both installation though (ty for that btw I love you) just in case it doesn't work.  If it doesn't work, it is still safe to reinstall the game without any consequences right (the origin one)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top