Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 02:40

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys! Im just wondering if all the packs here is compatible with the real version of sims 4 (the one that u buy instead of torrenting) Pretty much a straightforward question but any comments or additional information would be gladly appreciated. Ty in advance <3

Back to top Go down

Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Nov 2016, 17:33

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Hey sorry for bringing this up again but since theoretically, I can combine the expansions and fix from this site to the origin base game, does that mean I will get the latest updates for the game but can only play offline? I also must update the game manually (disabling the auto update) to prevent detection? Please correct me if Im wrong. I might be starting to get annoying but please bear with me xD

In that case, why not keep the install locations separate? You leave your Origin-folder untouched, and install the pirated TS4 in a different location. Because you can't really install your pirate stuff "on top" of the legit game and expect that to go flawless. Smile  If you still want to keep playing your Origin game, you should really keep two (2) different installations of The Sims 4.

The Origin-one will still be under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games. Updating your legit game should not affect the pirated installation, which will be under C:\Program files (x86), if you install the G4TW-items.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the expansion packs/stuff packs of Sims 4 here compatible with the real version of Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 05:47

You're not really answering my questions.. I know there is a chance that it might go wrong, but what I really want to know is whether it is possible to play/update the game with the crack inside of it? Im still going to add both installation though (ty for that btw I love you) just in case it doesn't work.  If it doesn't work, it is still safe to reinstall the game without any consequences right (the origin one)?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Nov 2016, 09:31

Serena Leonhardt wrote:but what I really want to know is whether it is possible to play/update the game with the crack inside of it?

I actually did understand your question (but indeed, my previous reply can be interpreted in different ways). Razz  But no, that is not possible to do so. As said before, you will need to keep separate installations for the Origin + RELOADED/Games4theworld games.

Should you still go forward, yes, there will be problems actually when you decide to update the game. And yes, you could then uninstall the game (from the Origin library) and then re-download and re-install. But why go through this hassle? I don't see much point in this exercise. It may be a "position" thinking about when you are low on filespace on your hard-drive. Then it's understandable, OK. But in the end, putting the cracked content on top of your Origin installation will render the Origin game...useless.

Why do you want to put the cracked content "on top" of the Origin Game, then? Is it for filespace reasons? Smile  Or practicality concerns? I myself have separate folders for the Origin game and the cracked one - and yes, I do feel it did save me a lot of problems doing it that way. Even if more filespace was needed in the end.

We've got a Carloz.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 11:01

Serena Leonhardt wrote:You're not really answering my questions.. I know there is a chance that it might go wrong, but what I really want to know is whether it is possible to play/update the game with the crack inside of it? Im still going to add both installation though (ty for that btw I love you) just in case it doesn't work.  If it doesn't work, it is still safe to reinstall the game without any consequences right (the origin one)?
When both versions (Origin and cracked) are installed in 2 different directories you can play both games.
However if you only bought the base game then of course you can only play that game and no expansions on the Origin version.
In the cracked version you can play all expensions downloaded and installed.

Both versions will use the same folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts and no doubt there will be differences in the file GameVersion, which means that your pirated game will not start when you just finished playing the Original.
In order to overcome this problem, let Origin update your legal game, then go to the installation folder of the Origin game, Open folder Game, open folder Bin and copy the file Default over to the same location in your folder for the cracked game.
You'll have to repeat this every time there is an update from Origin.

Furthermore, when you play the cracked game, make sure that Origin is not open/active on your computer.
And yes, you can opdate your legal game any time you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Nov 2016, 04:00

Ok thank you. I was hoping that I can play the game in its latest update and have the crack expansions inside at the same time (so I dont have to wait until the ultimate fix is updated). Unfortunately, I guess that's too complicated/risky.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Nov 2016, 22:19

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Ok thank you. I was hoping that I can play the game in its latest update and have the crack expansions inside at the same time (so I dont have to wait until the ultimate fix is updated). Unfortunately, I guess that's too complicated/risky.

Nah, it doesn't work that way. Smile

Is there anything else we can help you with for now?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Nov 2016, 01:27

Im good. If i run to any problems I'll sure create a topic about it. Anyways, ty again for bearing with me <3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Nov 2016, 07:17

Serena Leonhardt wrote:Im good. If i run to any problems I'll sure create a topic about it. Anyways, ty again for bearing with me <3

You're welcome. Very Happy  Have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top