Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 University - installation will now terminate.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 University - installation will now terminate. Empty Sims 2 University - installation will now terminate.

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 08:30

Hoping someone can help me...
Last week I downloaded the Sims 2 complete collection torrent, went through followed all the instructions in the installation guide with no problems, got to the final step... and it did not work and I still don't know why.
Anyway, I recently had my laptop taken in to somebody who put a new SD card or something in (my dad did it for me because I'm so un-tech savy so i'm not sure what that is). When my laptop came back I decided to get ride of everything and re download the torrent in order to start fresh in case I may have missed a step. So I've downloaded the deluxe edition no problems, however trying to download university expansion, it says at the end of everything: Will now see if up to date blah blah, but nowinstead of working it says "The update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate". I thought it may have been because I put a new protection thing on my laptop (ESET security) but I turned it off as recommended on another sight but i've still had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on why it may not even let me download the expansion pack but worked fine last time? 
(I also have been too worried to try any others as they are to be done in order!)

Thank-you in advance everyone!!

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 University - installation will now terminate. Empty Re: Sims 2 University - installation will now terminate.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Nov 2016, 16:46

Simsuser16 wrote:Hoping someone can help me...
Last week I downloaded the Sims 2 complete collection torrent, went through followed all the instructions in the installation guide with no problems, got to the final step... and it did not work and I still don't know why.
Anyway, I recently had my laptop taken in to somebody who put a new SD card or something in (my dad did it for me because I'm so un-tech savy so i'm not sure what that is). When my laptop came back I decided to get ride of everything and re download the torrent in order to start fresh in case I may have missed a step. So I've downloaded the deluxe edition no problems, however trying to download university expansion, it says at the end of everything: Will now see if up to date blah blah, but nowinstead of working it says "The update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate". I thought it may have been because I put a new protection thing on my laptop (ESET security) but I turned it off as recommended on another sight but i've still had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on why it may not even let me download the expansion pack but worked fine last time? 
(I also have been too worried to try any others as they are to be done in order!)

Thank-you in advance everyone!!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Simuser16,

You should not have gotten rid of the installation just yet. But there may be program leftovers somewhere. Have a look at e.g. this here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Uninstall

Start from where it says "How to fully uninstall The Sims 2", and follow the instructions.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 University - installation will now terminate. Empty RE: The Sims 2 University - Installation will now terminate

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 05:28

Hi there,
Thanks for the quick reply, I've spent the last couple of days ensuring that I followed the link provided carefully to ensure that I erased all leftover programs!
I re installed the deluxe pack first -and had no problems! However I still have trouble with the university pack, so I'm not sure if it's just that one or not. Even though I have read the installation guide carefully, I was wondering if it would be okay if I just skipped the university pack and continued on with the rest of the games instead?

I look forward to hearing back, and once again thankyou in advance! Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 University - installation will now terminate. Empty Re: Sims 2 University - installation will now terminate.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Dec 2016, 16:57

Simsuser16 wrote:Hi there,
Thanks for the quick reply, I've spent the last couple of days ensuring that I followed the link provided carefully to ensure that I erased all leftover programs!
I re installed the deluxe pack first -and had no problems! However I still have trouble with the university pack, so I'm not sure if it's just that one or not. Even though I have read the installation guide carefully, I was wondering if it would be okay if I just skipped the university pack and continued on with the rest of the games instead?

I look forward to hearing back, and once again thankyou in advance! Smile

You could indeed skip the University-pack, and go on with the rest. You can either leave University out altogether, or even install it at the very end after Mansion & Garden Stuff. Normally though there shouldn't be any issues. Are you sure you were using WinRAR for the extraction of the download? WinRAR should be used for extracting, since that is the program we ourselves are using (mostly) for packing the downloads. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 19:07

The Sims 2 is pretty old and the build-in updater refers to EADM (which doesn't exist anymore) so no contact can be made.
What you need before installing extra packs is this tiny file I'm sure G4TW will not mind me posting this link.

Extract with Winrar and copy the files and folders over to your installation folder (probably Program Files(x86) - EA Games - de Sims 2)
Files and folders alreay exist, so overwrite.
Your Sims 2 is now updated and although it will check after every installation it now should come up with message that it is already up-to-date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2016, 09:14

Hi there,
Just wanted to double check just in case, but have started downloading other expansion packs and they are downloading just fine! But yes I have been using winrar to do this all, hopefully I don't have any more problems! 
Thankyou very much again!!

Ps Tarac thankyou for input will look into that if I have any more problems!! Smile

Thanks again guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top