Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated Empty The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2019, 07:00

While i install The Sims 2 Complete Collection and installing University i got a message that says The update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminated. After that, The Sims 2 University uninstall itself. How can i fix this? i can't even install The Sims 2 Open for Business because it says Please Insert Disk 1 thing.......

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated Empty Re: The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2019, 11:13

De Sims 2 tries to update via a no longer existing website and consequently fails.
You'll have to update manually via the TS2Update. That folder should be included in your download.
If not, you can find it HERE
Extract with Winrar and copy all files and folders to your install-folder of the Sims 2 (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2)

Once you have updated the game you can install further DLC's

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated Empty Re: The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2019, 11:41

Where do exactly I can find the TSUpdate? I can't find it on my download folder. and I can't click on Download Tab on your link

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2019, 11:49

The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated Mcez8fhttp://prntscr.com/mcez8f

Is that the TS2Update you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2019, 12:26

Annas B wrote:The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated Mcez8fhttp://prntscr.com/mcez8f

Is that the TS2Update you mean?
i'm not sure as it looks like the TS2Update that is included in every DLC.
Try to run it. I fear that it will result in Update failed.

The TS2Update I meant looks like this when extracted with Winrar

The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated Ts2update_orig

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Jan 2019, 12:53

Tarac wrote:
i'm not sure as it looks like the TS2Update that is included in every DLC.
Try to run it. I fear that it will result in Update failed.

The TS2Update I meant looks like this when extracted with Winrar

The Sims 2 University - Installation Will Now Terminated Ts2update_orig

The problem of the OP (and of that TS2 repack in general) is, that this "update" is actually part of the installation process. So you install, and immediately after that comes the "update", and if it is unsuccessful, the installation is reversed.

In other words: applying your patch (or any other update) does not do anything, if the "University"-pack cannot even be installed in the first place. I've compiled a Sims 4-style patch here (copy/paste), but this one also works only after you have successfully installed the DLC.

Annas B wrote:Where do exactly I can find the TSUpdate? I can't find it on my download folder. and I can't click on Download Tab on your link

Now to you, try reading this here first, and then try installing University again (step II.):
https://www.games4theworld.club/t23784-the-sims-2-university-patch-experimental

If you still get the error that University un-installs, skip it, and try installing the next DLC, I think it is Open for Business. Some users reported that skipping DLCs that don't work at the beginning, and installing them "at the end", could help here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top