Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed).

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed). Empty The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed).

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2017, 02:54

This is just a copy n paste post from the lovers lab site posted by Wapitawg, which i believe is adults only, but being that this is such a great post, I thought it was worth a share.

also please be sure to read warning below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So The Sims 3 is known for its issues with routing, stucked NPCs, long loadings, choppy Create-A-Sim feature etc. One of the most prominent forms of addresing those issues is a mod called Overwatch, made by glorious NRaas Industries. Unfortunately it's impossible for it to solve everything. It just does what it can with making this crappy-written game more or less playable.

However, if you're a long time Sims 3 player like myself, you surely noticed that some in-game neighbourhoods (worlds) play worse than the other, especially on lower-specs PC like mine. It's mainly due to a size of a particural neighbourhood, but also a crappy routing made by EA itself. This routing causes all characters in game to take bizzare paths while trying to get somewhere, thus creating a lot of stress on a PC, resulting in tremendous lag and stucked sims. One of the infamous examples is nearly unplayable Bridgeport.

Luckily for us there are a lot of skilled people who couldn't stand this kind of issues and made some modifications.
Ellacharmed is one of them and his or her work on making Sims 3 a better game couldn't be overrated. This modder took nearly every world in game and fixed them. Changes are unnoticable visually, but remove a lot of lagging.

If you wanna test it, I've put all of Ellacharmed worlds into single package for your convinience:

Arrow  Download Link!     (Mirror)

Installing them is easy.

Every world should be put into:
X:\...\\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
...where X:\...\ is a path for a specific expansion or a base game. In my package you would find folder named "World Adventures", "Late Night" etc. and after unzipping you should move its content to its coresponding expansion.

So, for example, Pets worlds are going to X:\...\The Sims 3 Pets\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds and University worlds are going to X:\...\The Sims 3 University\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.

Sorry that I didn't do it for yourself, easening the installation process even more, but I'm aware that each language version of The Sims 3 has its own naming.

Unfortunately those fixes don't work retroactively, so it means you need to create a new household or move an existing one. I strongly reccomend using NRaas Traveler for the latter.

All worlds were downloaded from either Ellacharmed page on Modthesims.info or from his or her Wordpress blog.
Consider a donation to Ellacharmed if you like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to original post: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71598-sims3-reduce-lag-with-fixed-worlds-by-ellacharmed/

Warning!: 

when installing these routing fix worlds, be sure that none of the worlds from this download exist in your.... 
"Documents\Electronic arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds" Folder.

Otherwise You will have issues.

the only EA worlds you should have in your installed worlds folder are the following.

Aurora Skies.world
Barnacle Bay.world
Dragon Valley.world
Lucky Palms.world
Midnight Hollow.world
Riverview.world
Roaring Heights.world

Mod edit: URL on download link shortened, text color of quoted post changed.

- The_gh0stm4n

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 3 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 3 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE SECTION WITH THE SAME NAME.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed). Empty Re: The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed).

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 05:34

I use those world fixes myself ever since ellacharmed started to post them on mod the sims. She has also a blog where all those fixes are posted, also with an explanation.
Here's ellacharmed blog: https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/
I recommend to use her blog instead. Also, lover's lab is an adultsite and not suited for everyone.
It does indeed help. Bridgeport becomes more playable with this.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed). Empty Re: The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed).

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 15:53

Misfit203 wrote:This is just a copy n paste post from the lovers lab site posted by Wapitawg, which i believe is adults only, but being that this is such a great post, I thought it was worth a share.

also please be sure to read warning below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So The Sims 3 is known for its issues with routing, stucked NPCs, long loadings, choppy Create-A-Sim feature etc. One of the most prominent forms of addresing those issues is a mod called Overwatch, made by glorious NRaas Industries. Unfortunately it's impossible for it to solve everything. It just does what it can with making this crappy-written game more or less playable.

However, if you're a long time Sims 3 player like myself, you surely noticed that some in-game neighbourhoods (worlds) play worse than the other, especially on lower-specs PC like mine. It's mainly due to a size of a particural neighbourhood, but also a crappy routing made by EA itself. This routing causes all characters in game to take bizzare paths while trying to get somewhere, thus creating a lot of stress on a PC, resulting in tremendous lag and stucked sims. One of the infamous examples is nearly unplayable Bridgeport.

Luckily for us there are a lot of skilled people who couldn't stand this kind of issues and made some modifications.
Ellacharmed is one of them and his or her work on making Sims 3 a better game couldn't be overrated. This modder took nearly every world in game and fixed them. Changes are unnoticable visually, but remove a lot of lagging.

If you wanna test it, I've put all of Ellacharmed worlds into single package for your convinience:

https://goo.gl/VoLzLW

Installing them is easy.

Every world should be put into:
X:\...\\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
...where X:\...\ is a path for a specific expansion or a base game. In my package you would find folder named "World Adventures", "Late Night" etc. and after unzipping you should move its content to its coresponding expansion.

So, for example, Pets worlds are going to X:\...\The Sims 3 Pets\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds and University worlds are going to X:\...\The Sims 3 University\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.

Sorry that I didn't do it for yourself, easening the installation process even more, but I'm aware that each language version of The Sims 3 has its own naming.

Unfortunately those fixes don't work retroactively, so it means you need to create a new household or move an existing one. I strongly reccomend using NRaas Traveler for the latter.

All worlds were downloaded from either Ellacharmed page on Modthesims.info or from his or her Wordpress blog.
Consider a donation to Ellacharmed if you like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to original post: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71598-sims3-reduce-lag-with-fixed-worlds-by-ellacharmed/

Warning!: 

when installing these routing fix worlds, be sure that none of the worlds from this download exist in your.... 
"Documents\Electronic arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds" Folder.

Otherwise You will have issues.

the only EA worlds you should have in your installed worlds folder are the following.

Aurora Skies.world
Barnacle Bay.world
Dragon Valley.world
Lucky Palms.world
Midnight Hollow.world
Riverview.world
Roaring Heights.world

Mod edit: URL on download link shortened, text color of quoted post changed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Hi, I think I got it but just to be 100% sure and not eff up my pc....: I should remove ALL EA worlds but AS, BB, DV, LP, MH, Riverview and RH? And then instiall Ellacharmed's worlds where the "og" ones were?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 17:23

As far as I can see, all these worlds consist of 1 file only, so no need to remove the old ones first.
Just override them.

These are the available worlds
The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed). Werelden_orig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 17:24

Tarac wrote:As far as I can see, all these worlds consist of 1 file only, so no need to remove the old ones first.
Just override them.

These are the available worlds
The Sims 3: reduce lag with fixed worlds (by Ellacharmed). Werelden_orig
Ok thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Apr 2017, 02:19

You need to override them yes. Ellacharmed has also made instructions for that. Read her blog and follow the instructions.
But before override them, please make a backup of the files you gonna override. Those files are in your installation folder.
Ellacharmed also warns about that. If anything goes wrong you can always use the backup to restore it. So don't forget the backup. You have been warned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Apr 2017, 14:08

candesco wrote:You need to override them yes. Ellacharmed has also made instructions for that. Read her blog and follow the instructions.
But before override them, please make a backup of the files you gonna override. Those files are in your installation folder.
Ellacharmed also warns about that. If anything goes wrong you can always use the backup to restore it. So don't forget the backup. You have been warned.

I didn't backup but I'm not concerned. If anything goes wrong, I'll just start over. I don't play TS3 very often (mainly due to the specs of my pc) so I have like the same fam on my save file, untouched for like 4+ months at a time, no time to create "bonds" or fear of loss... It has made me realise how much I want dogs and horses in TS4 though... But thanks for the heads up!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Apr 2017, 22:02

//MOVED

Moved to "The Sims 3 tips & tricks". Smile  Thanks for sharing this!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Apr 2017, 22:06

Glad to help. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top