Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copyright claim from Comcast?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copyright claim from Comcast? Empty Copyright claim from Comcast?

Post by Guest Sun 19 Mar 2017, 16:29

Hello, I recently installed the sims 4 off of your website and I uninstalled it because it got boring. A few days later (today) I got an email saying that Comcast (my internet company) had a copyright claim or something. It has a case number and everything. I'm concerned about the legal problems, because I have torrented countless things, but this has never happened to me before. I would like some help or information telling me if I f***ed up or not.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Copyright claim from Comcast? Empty Re: Copyright claim from Comcast?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Mar 2017, 16:37

Zanx wrote:Hello, I recently installed the sims 4 off of your website and I uninstalled it because it got boring. A few days later (today) I got an email saying that Comcast (my internet company) had a copyright claim or something. It has a case number and everything. I'm concerned about the legal problems, because I have torrented countless things, but this has never happened to me before. I would like some help or information telling me if I f***ed up or not.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Zanx,

Those messages are almost always "automatized". I'm not sure how often it happens that internet subscriptions are terminated and/or how often actual legal problems are (I don't suppose very often). For now I'd suggest you refrain from torrenting stuff, and for the future you could maybe consider using a VPN, though they tend to cost money. See for example Dracos' suggestion here.

We also have a general discussion thread here, if you like feel free to share your experiences there as well:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24636-us-residents-which-isp-s-are-more-controlling-than-others
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top