Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Received a Notice from Comcast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Received a Notice from Comcast Empty Received a Notice from Comcast

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 03:15

Last week I received a notification from Comcast after I downloaded My First Pet Stuff, Jungle Adventure, and Laundry Day Stuff. As a result, I'm hesitant to download any further content from Games4theWorld as my family is reliant on our internet service. Which is unfortunate seeing as how Seasons was just released. I'm not entirely certain how uploading these downloads works, but I have never had any issues downloading from here before. Perhaps this is something those who oversee that can look into. I use BitTorrent. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I'm going to be holding off downloading Seasons. Be careful guys.

Back to top Go down

Received a Notice from Comcast Empty Re: Received a Notice from Comcast

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Jul 2018, 06:04

literarywonderbread wrote:(...) Perhaps this is something those who oversee that can look into. 

3 things to note in case you reconsider torrenting again, and not necessarily just from G4TW:

Arrow  use direct download links where available (MEGA, GoogleDrive, MediaFire, etc.) instead of torrent/magnet links, if your ISP is picky on these things

Arrow  there is also an alternative download format named ZLOrigin for The Sims games, which is similar to direct downloads

Arrow  thirdly there is the option of using suitable VPN services, that will 'mask' your internet traffic in such a way as to make it either difficult or even impossible for your ISP to see what you download. Usually these services cost a little bit, but could be worth the investment if you want to torrent frequently and/or want more privacy on the internet.

Summa summarum, in case of torrent downloads it is the responsibility of the individual user to make the necessary arrangements or decisions on what to download, and how. As unpleasant as your predicament is, "those who oversee" can't look into anything. If you absolutely want to play these Sims games but you cannot afford to purchase them, consider one of the 3 options I mentioned above.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2018, 00:58

I have received a notification as well. I think it has something to do with file sharing on your network. Try turning off your network sharing on your PC. I think i forgot to turn off mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top