Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed from cd base game and seasons, I'm a bit lost, questions inside?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed from cd base game and seasons, I'm a bit lost, questions inside? Empty Installed from cd base game and seasons, I'm a bit lost, questions inside?

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:59

On my laptopo I managed to get the sims 3 to work on linux (ubuntu) under wine. I have the base game and seasons installed (from cds) plus a ton of mods and cc. I gave away to a friend the base game sims 3 cd since I only needed seasons to run the game. I tried reading the stickied install instructions but am unsure how to proceed.
do I need to uninstall my games or I can simply add expansions to it? and how do I do that?
thanks in advance for any help Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Installed from cd base game and seasons, I'm a bit lost, questions inside? Empty Re: Installed from cd base game and seasons, I'm a bit lost, questions inside?

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:33

You can add expansions in any order.
You'll need CD's (or images of CD's) to install.
They can be found HERE

Mount the .iso files and install from the virtual CD-player.
Meanwhile, make sure that you applied the patch for version 1.67
Serialcodes can be found HERE

Play the game with the highest installed expansion (Into the Future ?) mounted in your virtual CD-player.

Back to top Go down

Installed from cd base game and seasons, I'm a bit lost, questions inside? Empty Re: Installed from cd base game and seasons, I'm a bit lost, questions inside?

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:46

Mount the .iso files and install from the virtual CD-player.
could you explain more in detail about this? I'm trying to understand from googling but I've never done something like this before. thank you for your answer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:51

You must have a program like PowerIso or Daemon installed on your computer.
See my page on Poweriso HERE

With such programs you can emulate additional (virtual) CD players on your PC.
Rightclicking on a downloaded iso gives you the opportunity to "mount".
You then have a virtual CD in a virtual CD-player which is exactly the same as having a real CD in a real CD-player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:56

ok, I'll check it out and try, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:03

the link is to the files, not to poweriso, could you link me to the page you mentioned?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:08

Sorry,
This is the correct LINK for the Poweriso-page

There seems to be a Poweriso for Linux
Installed from cd base game and seasons, I'm a bit lost, questions inside? Linux_orig

As I have no experience whatsoever with Linux, it might be necessary to place a crack in the install folder of the base game The Sims 3 - Game - Bin
That crack, consisting of 2 files, TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll can be found HERE . (Extract with Winrar)
Also, if you cannot mount in Linux, you should be able to extract an Iso. In that case extract the iso to a folder on your PC and install from there. You'll then definately need the crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top