Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will this desktop run the Sims 4 + all expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will this desktop run the Sims 4 + all expansions? Empty Will this desktop run the Sims 4 + all expansions?

Post by Guest Fri 28 Apr 2017, 01:51

So I am looking into buying a prebuilt gaming pc from Best Buy and I came across a $750 cyberpowerpc and was wondering if it would be good enough to play the Sims 4 + current and future expansions + custom content at high settings?

Specs:

AMD FX 6300 processor
Native six-core processing delivers aggressive yet power-smart performance for advanced gaming, complex modeling and HD video editing. AMD Turbo CORE technology dynamically adjusts to match the need of the moment.

16GB system memory for advanced multitasking
Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
1TB hard drive and 120GB solid state drive (SSD) for a blend of storage space and speed
The hard drive provides ample storage, while the SSD delivers faster start-up times and data access.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060
Powered by 6GB dedicated video memory to quickly render high-quality images for videos and games.

I also plan on playing games like Skyrim, GTA V, Planet Coaster, and the Sims 3 but the Sims 4 is my main reason for buying a new pc. I don't really want to pay more than $800 for a new computer but am willing to be more flexible with my budget if need be. What do you guys think, will it get the job done or should I keep searching?

p.s. I've heard an Intel processor would be better suited for the Sims 4 but is it really that much better than an AMD processor? Will I be sacrificing anything if I choose AMD over Intel?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!

Back to top Go down

Will this desktop run the Sims 4 + all expansions? Empty Re: Will this desktop run the Sims 4 + all expansions?

Post by D' Eradicated Fri 28 Apr 2017, 05:21

Hi there and welcome to the forums. Smile

With those specs, you'll can definitely run it. I mean, on my laptop (i3, 4 GB RAM, Intell HD Graphics 3000), it runs smoothly (on low/mid settings). Still, look around for others. Maybe you can find something better for the same price. Smile

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Will this desktop run the Sims 4 + all expansions? Empty Re: Will this desktop run the Sims 4 + all expansions?

Post by Guest Fri 28 Apr 2017, 21:23

D' Eradicated wrote:Hi there and welcome to the forums. Smile

With those specs, you'll can definitely run it. I mean, on my laptop (i3, 4 GB RAM, Intell HD Graphics 3000), it runs smoothly (on low/mid settings). Still, look around for others. Maybe you can find something better for the same price. Smile

Hi D'Eradicated, thanks for responding. Smile After doing a bit more research I found a Dell xps within the same price range that has an i7, 16 GB Ram, and a Nvidia GT 730 2 GB. The graphics card isn't the best but I've seen people upgrade it "fairly easily" on YouTube. I'm a bit apprehensive though because I don't know anything about changing computer parts and feel like I might risk breaking something if I do decide to go down that route. Do you think this could be a better choice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Apr 2017, 21:31

For playing the Sims it doesnt't make any difference.
They are both more than able to cope with it

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Apr 2017, 09:57

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to play those other games, it's probably best to look at the most resource-heavy game on your list. I daresay that is GTA V.

You will not have any problems running that game on the system described in your opening post.

When it comes to AMD vs. Intel, it all depends on preference, I guess. I've heard people who prefer Intel say, that they always have trouble with AMD. I've preferred AMD for my entire "digital" life and I have never had any problems, performance-wise or otherwise. 
My last AMD based system was in use for almost 10 years. Of course it was severely outdated by the time it got replaced, but there were never any problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 May 2017, 04:53

Tarac wrote:For playing the Sims it doesnt't make any difference.
They are both more than able to cope with it

That's good to hear because I really didn't want to go over my budget. Thanks!
Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to play those other games, it's probably best to look at the most resource-heavy game on your list. I daresay that is GTA V.

You will not have any problems running that game on the system described in your opening post.

When it comes to AMD vs. Intel, it all depends on preference, I guess. I've heard people who prefer Intel say, that they always have trouble with AMD. I've preferred AMD for my entire "digital" life and I have never had any problems, performance-wise or otherwise. 
My last AMD based system was in use for almost 10 years. Of course it was severely outdated by the time it got replaced, but there were never any problems.

Hi Ɛɗιη,
          Thanks for responding. I spec checked both of them and saw that the cpu of the second computer was a bit better than the first so I was thinking that would ultimately make it a better choice since the gpu can be upgraded after all and I might be able to get a good deal on a better card during Cyber Monday. That aside, I agree that AMD is pretty reliable.  My current computer has an AMD processor and I have had it for almost 10 years as well,  but since my Sims 4 game frequently experiences APP crashes and I've seen people on other forms say they've never had any issues running the game with Intel, I thought buying an Intel computer would solve that problem. Of course I think my issues have more to do with my computer being outdated than the brand of my processor so I might just go for the first one since I'd like to be able to use it straight out of the box.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top