Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD .PACKAGE FILES IN SIMS 3??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HOW TO DOWNLOAD .PACKAGE FILES IN SIMS 3?? Empty HOW TO DOWNLOAD .PACKAGE FILES IN SIMS 3??

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 13:09

Hey. I just want to know how to download .package files in sim 3? I want to try to download skins for my sims bc that comes up with a .package file. Btw my game is up to date and the expansion packs i downloaded are from here. All i want to know is how to make this type of file to work in my game. I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO DOWNLOAD IT.
Please, help me?

Back to top Go down

HOW TO DOWNLOAD .PACKAGE FILES IN SIMS 3?? Empty Re: HOW TO DOWNLOAD .PACKAGE FILES IN SIMS 3??

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 29 May 2017, 14:55

Hello,

You just download the file as you would download any other file. Installing them is rather simple, we have a guide on that here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

HOW TO DOWNLOAD .PACKAGE FILES IN SIMS 3?? Empty Re: HOW TO DOWNLOAD .PACKAGE FILES IN SIMS 3??

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 04:50

Thanks for this guide. I'll keep i updated. But what if my game started and acting weird? Do i have to uninstall my sims and reinstall it again? I dont have backup. So. I might lose everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 30 May 2017, 11:46

Hello,

You would only have to reinstall in the most extreme circumstances. If there's a problem with mods or CC, a clean folder in Documents usually suffices.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 11:21

Hello again, ive copied the mods folder and put it in the The sims 3 folder. Then i pasted the files that has .package type in the Packages folder, then i opened the launcher and nothing happened. Help pls?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 11:51

Hi, once you put a .package file in the packages folder, it's in your game you don't need to open the launcher to do anything. Just start the game and it should show up. Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 13:48

Hi. I put the .package file that i downloaded in the Packages folder and when i started my game, I looked for the .package files that ive downloaded in the game, but they are not there. There not in the game. Like for example this "skin.package" file is in the Packages folder but not in the game's CAS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 15:57

Sometimes you have to scroll down in the skin tone options in Create a Sim.

Did you make sure you put the mods folder in the Sims 3 Documents folder and not in the Programs folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 03:25

Yes i did. I put them in the right folder. Then when I couldn't find "skin.package", ive tried putting another .package files in the Packages folder like the beards, and sliders, and hairs that has a .package file types. Then i relaunch the game and look for them in the CAS. and they're still not there and idk what i did wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 03 Jun 2017, 10:45

I hear that the files such as the ones you describe are often not working correctly, have you tried different ones from other creators?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 02:04

yes i did. All of them are not working on my game, so thats why I thought i did something wrong, but i didnt actually. Followed the instructions properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Jun 2017, 08:23

Then I think it's those particular files, or at the very least one of them. Try to add them one by one to find out when exactly the problem starts occurring, and you'll find the culprit.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)