Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Performance Drop in Evening Sim-time.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Performance Drop in Evening Sim-time. Empty Performance Drop in Evening Sim-time.

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 20:40

Greetings.
I've finally done building a 40x30 house, so I saved it to library, started a new game in Sunset Valley and tested the house. Everything was good up until 6pm sim time when suddenly the fps started going down below 50fps (around 39 to 49 to be precise), but when the morning came (after 6am sim time), the fps went back to normal up to 59. Anyone has any idea why? Here's my basic PC specs: Intel Core i3 @3.40 GHz, ATI Radeon HD 7750 2GB DDR3 & 8GB RAM DDR3. My The Sims 3 is also heavily modded (got 144 mods both tuning, script mods and 1 core mod in total) and several clothings from the store converted and merged to packages.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Performance Drop in Evening Sim-time. Empty Re: Performance Drop in Evening Sim-time.

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 21:06

I can only guess that it is mod related.

Back to top Go down

Performance Drop in Evening Sim-time. Empty Re: Performance Drop in Evening Sim-time.

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 21:32

Thank you for the reply. I'm going to test it again without any mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:52

johannshah wrote:Thank you for the reply. I'm going to test it again without any mods.

You can also try using the "4GB patch", and apply it to the TS3W.exe. By default the game can only use 2GB of your total RAM, if i am not mistaken. The little patch enables a 'switch' making the game use 4GB of your available RAM.
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Beyond, maybe at least also reduce the number of mods you are using.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 21:33

Greetings.
Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy month for me. I've done a few testings and seems like Nraas Consigner and Tempest. I got rid of Consigner because it act weird with Nraas Cupcake which I also installed. I was kinda hesitant to completely free of Tempest since it has helped me a lot. I think it conflicts with one of the tuning mods I have, but need more testings to make sure which one.

The_ghostman: Didn't The Sims 3 already take advantage of 4GB RAM? I think since Late Night patch The Sims 3 can utilize up to 4GB (3.7GB to be precise) in order to prevent LAA crash to desktop. My The Sims 3 is already patched to 1.67 (thanks to the guide G4TW has) and I have EPs and SPs except Island Paradise and Katy Perry Stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Aug 2017, 16:33

johannshah wrote:The_ghostman: Didn't The Sims 3 already take advantage of 4GB RAM? I think since Late Night patch The Sims 3 can utilize up to 4GB (3.7GB to be precise) in order to prevent LAA crash to desktop. My The Sims 3 is already patched to 1.67 (thanks to the guide G4TW has) and I have EPs and SPs except Island Paradise and Katy Perry Stuff.

I'm not sure about that, I only remember I once tried it myself, and it significantly increased performance on my system back then. That may have been before the release of "Late Night" though, I can't remember. In case of doubt, re-applying the 4GB patch won't hurt, though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Aug 2017, 21:34

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm going to apply the 4GB patch later when I'm home. I've found the real cause for this performance drop down and it's Tempest, it conflicts with Fallen Leaves Don't Accumulate on the Ground tuning mod from TFM and I already removed it. Also the fixed version of Sunset Valley by Ellacharmed contributed to this problem, so I've changed it to original version. I'm going to test it more with fully reset of Tempest settings, the original Sunset Valley world and the 4GB patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top