Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Install a single expansion pack.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - How to Install a single expansion pack. Empty How to Install a single expansion pack.

Post by Guest Tue 12 Sep 2017, 23:12

Hey, so I've read the instructions on how to get every expansion pack, but my question is this:

I have the Origin Base Game, as well as Get To Work, but I wanted to know if there was any way I can just download regular City Living, no DLC with it, or downloading Get Together first to maintain an order sequence. 

I don't really care about Get Together, I just want City Living. Can I do that and it work with the Origin games I have now? And if so, how?

Back to top Go down

silent install - How to Install a single expansion pack. Empty Re: How to Install a single expansion pack.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Sep 2017, 23:19

eternalgemstone wrote:Hey, so I've read the instructions on how to get every expansion pack, but my question is this:

I have the Origin Base Game, as well as Get To Work, but I wanted to know if there was any way I can just download regular City Living, no DLC with it, or downloading Get Together first to maintain an order sequence. 

I don't really care about Get Together, I just want City Living. Can I do that and it work with the Origin games I have now? And if so, how?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I'll assume you still intend to use the Origin basegame (for e.g. gallery access)? If so, you cannot simply add cracked DLC "into" an Origin game. You would still have to follow the guide here, and do the steps until "City living".
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Yes, that will mean you will need to download/install the cracked basegame and DLC until City Living. You should also make sure to turn off automatic Origin updates, see this announcement.

As for removing DLC, if you really want to remove certain DLC, have a look here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

You still have to install the items in the order outlined in the above-linked TS4 Must-Read. But after doing so, you can make a selection. Honestly though, if you have the hard-drive space and your computer is strong enough, then you will probably want the complete DLC anyhow, without removing anything. In my opinion the procedure with disabling those DLC isn't going to be worth it, if you "just" want City Living.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top