Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Complete Collections : that "black mat".( HEEEEEEEELP!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collections : that "black mat".( HEEEEEEEELP!) Empty The Sims 2 Complete Collections : that "black mat".( HEEEEEEEELP!)

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 20:22

Thanks for the good work you did, I installed the whole game easily and it works great on my PC BUT ... when the sims or pets enter the house, under the feet a black rectangle forms that never leaves them!
How can I remove it?
Thanks for Help...

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collections : that "black mat".( HEEEEEEEELP!) Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collections : that "black mat".( HEEEEEEEELP!)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Feb 2018, 20:25

Myrin wrote:Thanks for the good work you did, I installed the whole game easily and it works great on my PC BUT ... when the sims or pets enter the house, under the feet a black rectangle forms that never leaves them!
How can I remove it?
Thanks for Help...

Hello @Myrin,

In the graphics options, try putting the option "Shadows" on anything lower than High, that means put the option on either Medium or Off. If that does not help however, try this. If you installed Games4theworld's The Sims 2 Complete Collection, go under the default location C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSDATA\Res\Config. And then you open the file GraphicsRules.sgr with the notepad. Look for the following.

Code:
option Shadows
   setting $Low
      boolProp simShadows       false
      boolProp objectShadows    false
      boolProp guob             false
      boolProp heightMapShadows false

setting $Medium
      boolProp objectShadows    false
      boolProp guob             true
      boolProp heightMapShadows true

setting $High
      boolProp objectShadows    true
      boolProp guob             true
      boolProp heightMapShadows true

Put the boolProp simShadows on false in all 3 paragraphs, in your own file. Again, save the changes upon exiting the text file.

Then try the game again. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collections : that "black mat".( HEEEEEEEELP!) Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collections : that "black mat".( HEEEEEEEELP!)

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 23:36

Thanks I try now! It works even if the game is installed all in D: / is not it? C is an SSD only for S.O ...
I also noticed that despite having ApartamentsLife of witches and sorcerers not even the shadow! I also tried the trick of the mailbox to make one appear (I want to do the witch sim) but there is not really the option to have a witch! .. What do I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Feb 2018, 23:46

Myrin wrote:Thanks I try now! It works even if the game is installed all in D: / is not it? C is an SSD only for S.O ...
I also noticed that despite having ApartamentsLife of witches and sorcerers not even the shadow! I also tried the trick of the mailbox to make one appear (I want to do the witch sim) but there is not really the option to have a witch! .. What do I do?

Basically, you have to replace the C: drive (in the example filepath that I posted above), with the D: drive, then. Go inside where you have this thing installed, then under the latest DLC - which I hope for you is Apartment Life - and look for that GraphicsRules.sgr. Smile

Edit: sorry, the latest DLC of The Sims 2 is rather Mansion and Garden Stuff.  Very Happy   Jelly_2
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top