Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparations for Sims 4 Seasons and Patches

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preparations for Sims 4 Seasons and Patches Empty Preparations for Sims 4 Seasons and Patches

Post by grieralexander Thu 21 Jun 2018, 02:05

Fellow Simers,
As we all know by the global announcement Seasons will be made available soon here at G4TW. It may sound redundant but I wanted to remind us all of the preparations before the install. As always, make sure that you back-up your game folder, which contains your mods, saves and tray library, somewhere self, just as a precautionary measure. Better safe than sorry!. The pre-Seasons patch has broken a few mods, which means they are incompatible and could break your game. So, let you game generate a brand new game folder (remember you made a backup copy).
Now, first check all the script mods, they are most likely to be patch specific. In order to make this work less tedious for you. Here is a link in which the Sim Community are posting the broken mods: https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/broken-mods-for-june-18-patch-seasons-ep/
Check your mods against the list. Take out mods listed as broken, if not listed you may test the mod by itself and then contact the mod creator to see if there is an update available. More than likely game glitches will be caused by CC, so check your mods folder for the culprit. I introduce my mods in small numbers and if they work fine I keep on adding on a separate folder, within the mods folder. If I have a glitch I know it was on the last batch and I can narrow it down. Be aware that the patch created some glitches itself, like continuous watering plants if you are on level 1 gardening and people also reported some fire places not lightning up. A work around to these is to take your sim to another lot, save and bring the sim back and that is suppose to clear the glitches.
Hope this helps!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Preparations for Sims 4 Seasons and Patches Empty Re: Preparations for Sims 4 Seasons and Patches

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 18:35

Quick question - My game is still version 1.40, but I have all previous packs. Do I have to look for all previous patches here and install them before I download Seasons (from G4TW, not ZLOrigin) or is it enough to just download Seasons when it's available because it'll include previous patches?  Hmmm, sure?

Back to top Go down

Preparations for Sims 4 Seasons and Patches Empty Re: Preparations for Sims 4 Seasons and Patches

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 19:14

I can't tell because we do not know yet what the new Seasons G4TW will contain.
The last G4TW update/patch was 1.42.30.1020, so I presume from that version onwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top