Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:08

hello, G4TW!!

i know it says to search before making a new thread but i'm not sure if this is similar to the other 'no disc' problems. i just uninstalled pets and replaeced it with Seasons. (i don't have much space left, 8gb+). anyway, the installation went fine up to the fix and crack, no errors unlike the last time. until i loaded the game and it says 'no disc found'.

the difference is, i already redid the fix (which was the updated version for seasons).could the problem be because i let it update during the installation? 1.42 IS the current patch based on my launcher, so i didn't need the manual patch. maybe i need to update manually and click cancel when it asks to update? i won't try and reinstall yet, in case it's not the problem.

thanks! Smile

edit: since no one replied yet, i tried reinstalling, seasons only
* no more pop up saying i need to update during the installation
* i also updated via launcher after following steps 1-10 on the fix THEN applied the crack
^ even if the launcher icon says i have 1.42, it says 'new' store patch Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED] 2279017149 (i tried it though, just in case)

still, the same.. Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED] 2830496658

Last edited by Admin on Thu 06 Dec 2012, 22:13; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : mods probably think there is already a thread like this. My problem is different from the others, I swear.)

Back to top Go down

Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 00:20

not sure if bumping is allowed but it's been hours and everyone seems to think my thread is similar to others. It's a different problem, I think. Anyway, thanks for any help!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 03:26

Hello,

Ganito nalang ate Iinstall mo na ung Seasons at kahit ano. Tapos Ilagay m yung Fix, next punta ka sa naiextract mong seasons tignan mo ung Manual Patch sa (Support/Updates). Iupdate mo gamit yon. Tapos ilagay mo ung #crack (Kasama ng mga Ulltimate FIx) tapos try mo. at tignan natin kung gagana. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 05:55

i feel awkward for not noticing that huge flag in your sig.. XD

actually, nagawa ko naman lahat yan, kainis ayaw pa rin.. Facepalm
so meaning, di na dapat kailangan mag reinstall? try ko nga..
thank you, ha! Smile

edit: ...aaand, nothing. scratch
apparently, i had to reinstall, AGAIN.. i did everything in the instructions, updated using the patch in the Support/Update folder..
i don't know what to do.. Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 06:55

lahat.. naka install na ako ng mga EP dati so alam ko na kung paano.. ewan, bakit ngayon lang to..

i already have LN, Generations, Master Suite and even Pets (but i recently uninstalled it). everything worked before though. way back, i uninstalled WA and replaced it with pets, with all the updating, fixes and stuff and it was all fine. so uninstalling pets now is definitely not the problem bec it worked before.. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 07:33

Exclamation bumping

Last edited by hikari_mochi on Thu 06 Dec 2012, 05:54; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 08:18

No disc diba. kasi ang possibility lang nyan ay Misplaced crack or outdated Ultimate Fix. Dinownload mo ba ate ung Latest Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 08:25

oo, updated yun kasi alam ko kailangan i.update palagi. tapos may folder na "Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry's Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" kaya alam ko updated siya.. Wat.
download ko nalang ulit yung fix.. just to be sure..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 08:35

Hindi updated nga pero bakit kaya. baka naman ate nakalimutan mo ung Lat step sa Ultimate Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 08:48

tapos na ako mag dl ng fix, tapos nasunod ko lahat ng steps.. ewan.. reinstall ko nalang kaya lahat..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 09:06

Sige po. iuninstall nyo po gamit ito Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED] 4049071320 para po maclean ang Registry. And restart Before Installing. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 10:03

looks like i won't be playing sims 3 for a while. i uninstalled all EP's except base game (i have a saved family in my bin) and then reinstalled them following ALL instructions. i'll just wait for the next patch then, i guess. it'll be a long wait till then.. Sad Crying or Very sad

(i'm saying next patch, bec there seems to be something wrong with 1.42. even uninstalling everything the base game would of course still be 1.42 'cause it was updated by seasons automatically. after trying to remove seasons only, the game started asking for
master suite disk
Facepalm. so obviously i can't just go and uninstall base game cause like i said, i don't want to lose that family..)

thanks for the help cezra, you're a great kouhai Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 06:25

What is Kouhi ate?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 06 Dec 2012, 06:34

You won't lose your saves if when prompt you say you don't want to delete it when uninstalling the base game.

Or prior to trying to uninstall it, you can backup Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, so when you do uninstall it, if you click yes accidentally it won't matter since once you do finish installing what you want, and making sure the game works, just can move the backup back to the correct spot.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 08:06

cezra31 wrote:What is Kouhi ate?
it's a japanese word you call for someone younger like you, or sth like that.. can't find a one word version of it in Filipino so, i borrowed.. Very Happy

t2sink wrote:You won't lose your saves if when prompt you say you don't want to delete it when uninstalling the base game.

Or prior to trying to uninstall it, you can backup Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, so when you do uninstall it, if you click yes accidentally it won't matter since once you do finish installing what you want, and making sure the game works, just can move the backup back to the correct spot.
ok, ill try that.. thanks for the advice.. i just didn't want to accidentally delete everything.. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 08:20

So, your Anime or Japanese Fan? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 16:44

yes, but there are too many of them, I can't keep up.. XD
Anyway, what took really long was I had to DL the manual patch. The one that came with seasons is definitely borked (for me, I think). I finally got it to work when I patched before installing seasons!! cheers looks like I won't need to wait that long.
thank you both for helping me figure this out! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Dec 2012, 22:13

Hello there,

Glad to hear your problem is solved now!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Insert Sims 3 Seasons disc; reinstalled, applied new fix for seasons. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top