Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED] Empty The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:10

Hi guys, I downloaded the sims 2 game from here some time ago. But I have some issues that has really made me loose my motivation to play it or even update my sims 2 website. The thing is, the 2 of the graphic options in the game settings do not work. I took a screenshot for you to see...As you can see, in the background, it looks absolutely horrible. Sad The edges are not smooth or anything, and when building you can bearely see what you are doing because of it. In other words i can not change the shadows or the edges as you can see, it is grey, meaning i can not change it. This is very annoying to say the least and I would like to have some help with this. I have windows 8.1 operating system. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

I have Nvidia GTX860M Graphic card and a the Ram memory of 16 G on my MSI laptop...Please help me with this. I could not find a proper section to add my issue to so, I put my request for help here. Hope it is ok... Crying or Very sad

The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED] Issue

Back to top Go down

The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:12

//MOVED

Hello,

Please try downloading the tool here and install it:
https://goo.gl/gzFFYe

This is the "graphics rule maker", supporting games such as SimCity 4 and The Sims 2. For a guide on using this tool, see for example this post here. Good luck!

The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED] 2288048047
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 2 graphics issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:16

Ok thanks!  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:31

Still not working! I can not set the smoothness or fix the shadow settings...  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:33

Gothic_Queen77 wrote:Still not working! I can not set the smoothness or fix the shadow settings...  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Under the tab device info, did you click on "add now"? So that the bottom line says In Database: Yes ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:39

Forgot that one, I will test it again now..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:42

Gothic_Queen77 wrote:Forgot that one, I will test it again now..

There is also the main tab "Settings". Did you set the "Path", to where you have installed the game? Specifically, the program seems to want the Mansion and Garden Stuff-subfolder. You know you have chosen the right folder, when it shows "game found".

Don't forget as well to tick the "add now" (what I said before), and then click on the button "save files", in the bottom right corner of the settings-tab.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:50

It works PERFECTLY NOW! Thank you!  Good job! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:52

Gothic_Queen77 wrote:It works PERFECTLY NOW! Thank you!  Good job! cheers

Beautiful. Smile  Have fun with the game, and let us know if you ever need more help, or if you just want to hang around! Problem solved, topic closed.  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top