Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]  Empty Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2016, 02:28

Has anyone had this problem? I've tried using the ultimate collection from origin but it won't work because of a popup saying directx 9c isn't found. The same thing has happened when I manually installed the sims 2 complete collection from the games4theworld download site. Here is what it looks like. 
Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]  Sims_210

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]  Empty Re: Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 May 2016, 05:01

liljinxxie wrote:Has anyone had this problem? I've tried using the ultimate collection from origin but it won't work because of a popup saying directx 9c isn't found. The same thing has happened when I manually installed the sims 2 complete collection from the games4theworld download site. Here is what it looks like. 
Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]  Sims_210

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum @liljinxxie,

Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]  G34wEg1

Make sure please that you copy and paste the file inside the #Crack-folder (from the "Mansion and Garden Stuff"-folder in the download), to the location shown in the screenshot. And replace the existing file when prompted. Then try the game again. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]  Empty Re: Sims 2 directx 9c compatible graphics on Windows 10 (Help!). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2016, 05:09

First I want to thank you for responding. I"ve been going crazy and haven't gotten much answer from anyone anywhere else I've posted. 

Sadly I did do that when installing the game and still got the same result as I posted above. I tried it again to see if maybe I'd messed up somehow but still get the popup.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 May 2016, 05:18

liljinxxie wrote:First I want to thank you for responding. I"ve been going crazy and haven't gotten much answer from anyone anywhere else I've posted. 

Sadly I did do that when installing the game and still got the same result as I posted above. I tried it again to see if maybe I'd messed up somehow but still get the popup.

OK, make sure to turn off your anti-virus program temporarily, and re-download the crack-file here:
http://bit.ly/1JXg1RN

Re-apply the file to the location shown in my screenshot, and try running the game again.

Also, do you have all available Windows updates installed...? What about your graphics card, are the drivers updated too ?

Can you maybe press the Windows key + R, type dxdiag, and hit enter ? Navigate to the tab named "Display" and make a screenshot of that window, which you then post or link to here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2016, 08:23

I turned the antivirus off and put the crack in again then started the game up and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help! Did you still want to see dxdiag thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 May 2016, 08:27

liljinxxie wrote:I turned the antivirus off and put the crack in again then started the game up and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help! Did you still want to see dxdiag thing?

No, it's OK. Your game is working fine now, and that's what is important. Smile  Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you want to chat or need more support on anything we can help with. Until then, have fun with the game ! Problem solved, topic closed.

P.S. if you turn on again your anti-virus, and you get the same issue at a later point, then try adding that particular Sims 2 program-folder to the "exclusions" in your anti-virus program. Then re-download and re-apply the crack file from the link above.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top