Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't update the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't update the game Empty Can't update the game

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2018, 17:40

Hi there, since I found the website I've always played with the cracked and up-to-date version of The Sims 4. I changed my laptop recently and decided to play just with the basegame and the patch, and things have always been great. I had to uninstall the game due to space issues and today I tried to install it again. To update the game I just copy and paste the files of the patch in the game files and it usually works, but this time I noticed that the game doesn't update. Some weeks ago I tried to do the same with some EP, but they didn't show in game as they used to. I don't know how to overcome this problem and can't update the game.

Gatekeeper Edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Can't update the game Empty Re: Can't update the game

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 08:56

Did you just try to apply the latest patch on top of the base game? Because that won't work. With G4TW releases you need to install all of them in correct order.

I see you're on Mac so try this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31552-how-to-download-and-install-the-sims-4-on-mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 11:17

Thanks for answering!
I applied the basegame patch, which is not the latest, but the 1.41.38.1020, since I don't have much space on the new laptop. The first time it worked fine, until I uninstalled and tried to install again yesterday. I noticed that the patch has updated the game, but the version was like the 1.08.something... So definitely older.

Prior to yesterday I tried to install just the first two-three EPs, but they didn't show in game. The game was updated, but the EPs were missing.

I've been following the tutorial for Mac ever since I got here and never got problems... This is the first time updating with the copy and paste process didn't get me anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 17:15

Are you sure you're pasting it to the right directory?

Try this and post the result here.

And if you don't care about DLCs you could try my full patch from here. You'll have to install it through Wineskin wrapper, just like the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top