Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download to Use Issue / Ran Validator (Mac)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Download to Use Issue / Ran Validator (Mac) Empty Download to Use Issue / Ran Validator (Mac)

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2018, 15:43

Hello everyone,

I followed the download instructions step by step, but I still managed to mess it up  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd Everything went well until My First Pet Stuff, then all the packs and DLCs turned into "Download to Use" on the main menu. I proceeded downloading the rest of the packs and the last update, now I can only play with TS4 and Seasons.

I read so many things on the forum and end up running the validator. Here is the result:

report:

Just so you know I'm using Wineskin on Mac. It appears to be I have so many missing files. Should I delete everything and start all over again you would say?

Any help is very much appreciated, validator itself is such a great service. Thank you so much!

Gatekeeper Edit: moved to Mac Support.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Download to Use Issue / Ran Validator (Mac) Empty Re: Download to Use Issue / Ran Validator (Mac)

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2018, 16:16

It's as if all DLCs were deleted when applying My First Pet. Strange, no idea what could have caused that since installing G4TW releases is just extracting and replacing files...

No need to start completely over, you can copy just the DLC folders:
- from "Get to Work" copy EP01 and GP01,
- from "Get Together" copy EP02, GP02 and SP01-04,
- from "City Living" copy EP03, GP03 and SP05-09,
- from "Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff" copy GP04 and SP10,
- from "Parenthood" copy GP05,
- from "Fitness Stuff" copy SP11,
- from "Toddlers Stuff" copy SP12,
- from "Cats & Dogs" copy EP04,
- from "Laundry Day Stuff" copy SP13,
- from "Jungle Adventure" copy GP06.

Or delete all and start over if it's easier for you. Wink

Back to top Go down

Download to Use Issue / Ran Validator (Mac) Empty Re: Download to Use Issue / Ran Validator (Mac)

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2018, 21:23

Wow, thank you so much for the swift reply and the instructions! Thought it was hopeless, now I'm on it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2018, 13:03

No need to say but it worked like a charm. Can't thank enough    Carlos is tha man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2019, 10:53

Here I am my beloved friends, almost exactly 1 year after, and with almost the same problem. I wanted to download TS4 to my new Mac with Wineskin, and I got stuck right after Cats & Dogs this time. I searched through the web and seems like I have a problem with Wine, but I ran validator in any case.

Here's the result:

report:

This is the error I am receiving:
https://ibb.co/f9FJGmd
https://ibb.co/wryd0ZH

Do you think deleting those unknown files would solve the problem? If this error is unrelated to Validator I am sorry to take your time, but any help is appreciated! Can't tell how grateful I am in every way.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2019, 15:42

Unknown files shouldn't cause this problem but you should delete them anyway. You can run validator again with "quick scan" unchecked to make sure all files are ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2019, 23:24

did you have to download the full packs to get the files? as i have the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2020, 15:20

Hi everyone!

As I posted here before I tried to re-download every pack and start all the way back from scratch and working meticulously. But I'm stuck at Cats & Dogs again. Don't know that is the problem. I keep getting the error "The Sims 4 .exe has encountered a serious problem...". I ran validator with big hopes, and here's the result:

report:

//EDIT

For those who are experiencing the same issue, I want to share what actually worked for me after trying almost everything.

Thanks to @user09 's great patch I was able to do it, here's the link: https://www.games4theworld.club/t32299-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-latest-1-36-104-1020-patch-obsolete#

If you are on High Sierra: On the last step when I double-clicked Wineskin inside The Sims 4 Wrapper, I got the warning that it was broken. This can be easily fixed by following the steps found here: https://www.techjunkie.com/gatekeeper-macos-sierra/

Now I was able to open the game without the error, but this time I was stuck at the endless loading screen. I manually downloaded msxml3 found online (so not through Wineskin) and replaced it with the one already existing in Users>yourusername>.cache (note that this is a hidden file, you can make it appear by pressing Command + Shift + Dot) > winetricks > msxml3

I also deleted the old TS4 wrapper after applying user09's patch and replaced the new one in the exact same location, then voilà!

I truly hope this works for those who are experiencing the same issue. Happy gaming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2020, 18:55

Glad everything is finally working for you. Cheers!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top