Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow provides all of the power you expect from a high-end gaming computer, without the hardware.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadow provides all of the power you expect from a high-end gaming computer, without the hardware. Empty Shadow provides all of the power you expect from a high-end gaming computer, without the hardware.

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2019, 21:07

just found this site... looks interesting....

for 30$ a month you can download a high end PC.

wish i could afford it, my pc has almost hit 10 years old lol.

https://shadow.tech/usen

Back to top Go down

Shadow provides all of the power you expect from a high-end gaming computer, without the hardware. Empty Re: Shadow provides all of the power you expect from a high-end gaming computer, without the hardware.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Jan 2019, 00:35

Misfit203 wrote:just found this site... looks interesting....

for 30$ a month you can download a high end PC.

wish i could afford it, my pc has almost hit 10 years old lol.

https://shadow.tech/usen

//MOVED

So it's becoming a real thing now, this idea of "let high-end games render on external servers [because you can't or don't want to afford a suitable PC]". I think you'll still need a fast internet though, to properly make use of that. 

Just by glancing at that page, I noticed the areas of coverage in America:

Shadow provides all of the power you expect from a high-end gaming computer, without the hardware. Home_us_map_2x

Now I'm not an expert on North American topography, but isn't a great part of the white area in the picture (except the southeastern part, and the northwestern tip)  desert anyway...?  Very Happy  A.k.a. as of right now, coverage seems to be good.

P.S. personally, I'd still try investing in decent PC parts.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Shadow provides all of the power you expect from a high-end gaming computer, without the hardware. Empty Re: Shadow provides all of the power you expect from a high-end gaming computer, without the hardware.

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2019, 05:39

@The_gh0stm4n

i agree, parts are the way to go. i was never one who liked going the way of the laptop,
always loved the full customization possible with desktop PC's.

I'm currently on a 10 year old PC with a few hard drive changes, a replaced video card 4GB (nothing fancy) and i also replaced the power supply. still runs most current games, some run slower but wouldn't go as far as saying they are unplayable. I just play those at lower resolutions.

but with the prices of modern day parts getting so rediculously high, i would definitely give this 30$ a month alternative a shot if i had an income.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top