Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found" Empty The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found"

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2019, 19:24

Hi so I'm just after downloading the sims 2 double deluxe, and proceeded to try and install the base game, but when I try to I get the error message "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found". Have I done something wrong or am I missing something?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found" Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Feb 2019, 19:48

rebeccadiffin wrote:Hi so I'm just after downloading the sims 2 double deluxe, and proceeded to try and install the base game, but when I try to I get the error message "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found". Have I done something wrong or am I missing something?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Just to be clear: we are talking about "The Sims 2 - The Complete Collection", from G4TW? Starting with the basics, did you extract the contents of the archive file (the 15GB .rar download), with the program WinRAR? And did you make sure to extract ALL the contents of said .rar archive, into a fresh folder?

It's also been such a long time since I used that installation; can you maybe guide me through, where (in the installation process) this error shows up for you? At the beginning, at the end, somewhere in the middle? I looked again at the part of the instructions that deals with this, but I cannot recall having to do any special step there.

G4TW wrote:
(...)

03. Once the folder is extracted, navigate inside the subfolder "The Sims 2 (Base game) - Double Deluxe Edition". Use the Autorun.exe to start the installation. When prompted for a serial number, use the following: U6F7-98Q6-UKNC-CXNF-MZMW. Follow through with the on-screen instructions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found" Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found"

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2019, 10:11

I have the same problem. I did like it says in the instructions and the first step installs just fine. But once I go to the second, it tells me, that I should insert the CD, so my guess is that the No-CD-Crack is broken...I just don't know how to fix it. Please help - thanks a lot. I really loved that sims Edition the most.

--- START OF INSTRUCTIONS ---

1. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (Base game) - Double Deluxe Edition". Open the "AutoRun.exe" file to start the
   installation. 
   If you're asked to register your game online, choose "No". Follow through with the on-screen instructions.

2. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP1) - University". Open the
   "AutoRun.exe" file to start the installation. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2019, 10:20

RalaRala wrote:I have the same problem. I did like it says in the instructions and the first step installs just fine. But once I go to the second, it tells me, that I should insert the CD, so my guess is that the No-CD-Crack is broken...I just don't know how to fix it. Please help - thanks a lot. I really loved that sims Edition the most.

--- START OF INSTRUCTIONS ---

1. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (Base game) - Double Deluxe Edition". Open the "AutoRun.exe" file to start the
   installation. 
   If you're asked to register your game online, choose "No". Follow through with the on-screen instructions.

2. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP1) - University". Open the
   "AutoRun.exe" file to start the installation. 

Guess what, I got help already...from your Website: https://www.games4theworld.club/t24221-must-read-overview-topic-for-the-sims-2#

Please excuse the spam. I think it wasn't there when I tried to install a time back and I just saved this Forum, hence I thought the user would get help here. When there was no answer, I asked again myself. Now i`ll try this and hopefully it will work. Thanks for including this in the guide.  Carlos is tha man!!! I'm a noobie with this...so at least I have some Kind of excuse. I wish everyone a nice day with loads of cookies.  Cookie from Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Feb 2019, 22:58

RalaRala wrote:

Guess what, I got help already...from your Website: https://www.games4theworld.club/t24221-must-read-overview-topic-for-the-sims-2#

Please excuse the spam. I think it wasn't there when I tried to install a time back and I just saved this Forum, hence I thought the user would get help here. When there was no answer, I asked again myself. Now i`ll try this and hopefully it will work. Thanks for including this in the guide.  Carlos is tha man!!! I'm a noobie with this...so at least I have some Kind of excuse. I wish everyone a nice day with loads of cookies.  Cookie from Carlos

Glad to hear you got it working!  Carlos is tha man

#lateresponse
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top