Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 04:40

Hello everyone, Smile
I need help with the The Sims 2 Double Deluxe that I downloaded tonight (it includes all eps and sps) from TPB. I know that this is not from G4TW but this is Off Topic section and I hope I'm allowed to do that...
So even though installation guide is included I still can't get it to work.... it's WAY more complicated than TS3...
Every time I try to follow the guide it doesn't work out....
For example it says after you install Sims 2 Double Deluxe install the University Life ep but when I try to install that it says Disk 1 is needed and there are no disk 1 in that folder..... Mad 
I'm getting really frustrated..... Sad
If anybody have ANY ideas it would be very appreciated.... Very Happy
Thank you Wink

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sat 08 Feb 2014, 05:33

ellajohnson wrote:Hello everyone, Smile
I need help with the The Sims 2 Double Deluxe that I downloaded tonight (it includes all eps and sps) from TPB. I know that this is not from G4TW but this is Off Topic section and I hope I'm allowed to do that...
So even though installation guide is included I still can't get it to work.... it's WAY more complicated than TS3...
Every time I try to follow the guide it doesn't work out....
For example it says after you install Sims 2 Double Deluxe install the University Life ep but when I try to install that it says Disk 1 is needed and there are no disk 1 in that folder..... Mad 
I'm getting really frustrated..... Sad
If anybody have ANY ideas it would be very appreciated.... Very Happy
Thank you Wink

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed The Sims 2 Double Deluxe + all expansions on my pc, but I am not sure the one you downloaded is as same as the one I have. Can you show me the folder of The Sims 2 University + Installation guide?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 13:42

How do I show you what's in that folder though?! Very Happy
Please specify
Thank you Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Feb 2014, 17:42

A screenshot of the folder would be the best way. 

Does the one you downloaded have a blue screen with all the expansions listed on it to install? Like this? (This is the one I used, and it all worked quite well)
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 17:48

Hello invalidusername, Smile
I don't know how to take a screenshot Facepalm 
Right now I'm trying to uninstall The Sims 2 Double Deluxe but it says I have one or more expansions installed (which I don't) and it says I have to uninstall them first.... I don't know what to do....
I've tried EVERY solution that I found in google but not a big help... Sad
I can neither install or uninstall anything....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 06:23

Hi ellajohnson,
to take a screenshot open the one you want to then on the keyboard press printscreen then open paint and click paste then saveas to anywhere you can access easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 09 Feb 2014, 09:34

Hello,

I have downloaded a similar one but I have never seen a problem like that before (plus I have successfully completed the installation of The Sims 2 University without asking for a disc during the installation).

Well, in your case, I suggest you uninstall The Sims 2 and the rest of the expansions and stuff packs and restart your pc. After that, Google "The Sims 2 Khaos Industries kat.ph". The first link should lead you to the correct torrent.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Feb 2014, 09:59

J.T. wrote:Hello,

I have downloaded a similar one but I have never seen a problem like that before (plus I have successfully completed the installation of The Sims 2 University without asking for a disc during the installation).

Well, in your case, I suggest you uninstall The Sims 2 and the rest of the expansions and stuff packs and restart your pc. After that, Google "The Sims 2 Khaos Industries kat.ph". The first link should lead you to the correct torrent.

Ella, I suggest you wait a while (~a few days) until you start downloading another .torrent. I'm downloading the same torrent, and I'll be trying it myself once it's finished. Stay tuned until then !

//EDIT

invalidusername wrote:A screenshot of the folder would be the best way.

I'm downloading this version here, with the screenshot below. Smile  If this happens to be the version you are familiar with too, you might want to try assisting Ella in the meantime. Otherwise I'll be "back" in ~ 2 days with that.  Very Happy  Let's see what I can make of it. Razz

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED] Jamana10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 09 Feb 2014, 14:40

Hello,

It may sound too obvious, but have you previously installed The Sims 2 University before running the install wizard again?

I realise that if you run the install setup of an expansion you have installed using your torrent, the same message will pop up.

To see if you have installed it or not, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES (default folder, not sure what's yours) and then scan the folder to see if there is a folder called The Sims 2 University. If there is one, then you have installed The Sims 2 University already.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Feb 2014, 23:40

Hello again,

I can confirm that this version of The Sims 2 Double-deluxe (including all EP's and SP's) works perfectly fine for me. Very Happy  The downside is that it is indeed a bit more tricky than in The Sims 3, but let's see.

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED] Sims_210

This is the "main" installer screen, which is the start point of your installation.

The first thing to note is that there is an "installation order", which you should follow (just click on the buttons in that menu to start the installation of an EP/SP).

1) At first, install "The Sims 2 Double deluxe".

2) Go on with EP1, then EP2, EP3, EP4, EP5 and EP6

3) After you installed EP6, click on the "Updates"-button. This will open the Updates folder, basically. Now go inside the folder "The Sims 2 Bon Voyage" and double-click on the 1.10.0.130.Patch.exe. Wait for the update to finish.

4) Install EP7

5) Click again on the "Updates" button. Now go to "The Sims 2 Free Time". Inside the folder, double-click on the 1.13.0.161 Patch.exe and wait for the patch to finish.

6) Continue installing EP8, SP0, SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP5, SP6, SP7, SP8 and SP9.

7) After you're done with SP9, click on the cracks-button in this menu. Now, go inside "The Sims 2 Mansion and garden stuff", then  "The Sims 2 Mansion and garden stuff 1.0". COPY the file Sims2EP9.exe.

8. Paste that file into the following location: C:\Program files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and garden stuff\TSBin. There, you OVERWRITE the existing file (choose "copy and replace"). This will delete the existing file, and put the cracked Sims3EP9.exe.

9) Right-click on Sims2EP9.exe and choose "send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)". Back on the desktop, use the shortcut to start the game.

10) Play The Sims 2 and all EP's and SP's Very Happy 

NOW...here are some installation notes:

I.) After the installation of an EP/SP you might get a prompt like "Insert disc". JUST click on "OK" and don't do anything else ! It should allow you to skip this prompt. After that, you'll get a window saying "installation completed". Mark "quit" and then click Finish/OK at the bottom. Go on with the next EP/SP.

II.) Before installing, you might get a prompt asking whether you want to "register online". Choose NO. Wink 

III.) With some expansions (like the Pets expansion), the installer will update the game "automatically". Just let it happen and wait for the installer to finish.

IV.) You need to type in the serials manually, so be careful when you type them in. You can take the first serial that comes below each EP/SP, in the "serials.txt". But there was one SP (can't remember which, in which the first two serials don't work)...just try all the serials then, and it should work. Again, be careful when typing the serials ! If you need help with that, I'll PM you with working serials.

And that should do !

If you don't feel confident enough to do that, then download and install this here: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

And PM me, so that I can temporarily take control of your computer - and do the install for you.

Good luck ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Feb 2014, 00:20

Hey Carlos,
I'll try that and let you know the results in a while! Smile
but one of my biggest problem is that I can't uninstall Sims 2 Double deluxe, and I've tried the Uinstaller Pro....
BTW: J.T. said that Uninstaller Pro doesn't have force uninstaller....
any suggestions on how to uninstall and then try all these? 
Thank you very much Very Happy

EDIT: I was able to install The Sims 2 Double Deluxe but every other ep/sp I go to and I click on Autorun it either says "Please insert disk 1" or it says this program wasn't installed correctly.... Sad

//EDIT

UPDATE: 
This is an update on everything that happens when I run the setup(autorun):
Sims 2 double deluxe = it does let me install 
Ep1 = Asks for disk 1.
Ep2 = "Wrong disk inserted, please instert the original "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe" CD/DVD.
Ep3 = Asks for disk 1.
Ep4 = "You are running the wrong version of the sims 2.
I can go on for EVERY single one and each one has a different problem..... The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED] Icon_cry
And at the end when I try to run the sims 2 double deluxe that I was able to install, it never opens the launcher.....
Is this normal?
cause apparently a few people have the EXACT same download but they were able to install it properly and get it to work....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Feb 2014, 07:20

ellajohnson wrote:Hey Carlos,
I'll try that and let you know the results in a while! Smile
but one of my biggest problem is that I can't uninstall Sims 2 Double deluxe, and I've tried the Uinstaller Pro....
BTW: J.T. said that Uninstaller Pro doesn't have force uninstaller....
any suggestions on how to uninstall and then try all these? 
Thank you very much Very Happy

EDIT: I was able to install The Sims 2 Double Deluxe but every other ep/sp I go to and I click on Autorun it either says "Please insert disk 1" or it says this program wasn't installed correctly.... Sad

//EDIT

UPDATE: 
This is an update on everything that happens when I run the setup(autorun):
Sims 2 double deluxe = it does let me install 
Ep1 = Asks for disk 1.
Ep2 = "Wrong disk inserted, please instert the original "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe" CD/DVD.
Ep3 = Asks for disk 1.
Ep4 = "You are running the wrong version of the sims 2.
I can go on for EVERY single one and each one has a different problem..... The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. [SOLVED] Icon_cry
And at the end when I try to run the sims 2 double deluxe that I was able to install, it never opens the launcher.....
Is this normal?
cause apparently a few people have the EXACT same download but they were able to install it properly and get it to work....

Download and install "Your Un-installer Pro" (available from Games4TheWorld). Open the program and see if "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe" shows up. If it does, then double-click on that logo. In the next window, choose "Super mode" and wait for the un-install to finish. After that, re-boot the computer.

If nothing works, download and install TeamViewer (see the link in my previous post). Then PM me when you're ready. Smile 

P.S. I assume you ARE using the same download as me ? The uploader on Piratebay is called "XP1" and the download is basically a single .ISO file, which is about 15 GB big ?

//EDIT

The thing is, if you have that same download as me, this error is strange because I didn't have that problem at all. But still: I don't recommend you use another download than this one.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 01:21

Hello, Very Happy 
The thing about power iso.... after I uninstall the game from the link you gave me from here.....do I need to extract it or mount it or what do I need to do with the file?
If you don't understand my point I can make it more clear.... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Feb 2014, 02:15

ellajohnson wrote:Hello, Very Happy 
The thing about power iso.... after I uninstall the game from the link you gave me from here.....do I need to extract it or mount it or what do I need to do with the file?
If you don't understand my point I can make it more clear.... Smile

So...did you manage to remove the old installation completely ? If so, did you also re-boot the computer after that ? If not, please do.

Just briefly (I don't have too much time right now): have you also created at least one "virtual drive" in PowerISO, during installation ? If so, right-click on this 15 GB .ISO file and look for

PowerISO -> Mount .ISO file to -> (letter of your virtual) drive. So yes, basically you should MOUNT that .ISO file. Then, just double-click on the virtual drive (where you mounted that .ISO) and you should get to this menu I showed above, with the buttons from which you can install the games. Leave this window open all the time. And just proceed step by step, like I explained.

Check back with me tomorrow, if you don't feel confident enough to do that. Smile  See you then.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 03:00

Hey, Smile
I actually didn't re-boot my computer but I was still able to install SOME of the expansions.... but sims 2 ep3 doesn't work but it doesn't matter.... but when I try to install Sims 2 ep5 it does install it but at the end when it says "Please Wait" and this pops up "the Electronic Arts has stopped working" and I think I have to have Bon Voyage in order to update the game and let it work.... Sad

EDIT: actually the stopped working thing happens to every single ep/sp after ep4.....
I think I have to re-consider playing that game!! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Feb 2014, 07:03

ellajohnson wrote:Hey, Smile
I actually didn't re-boot my computer but I was still able to install SOME of the expansions.... but sims 2 ep3 doesn't work but it doesn't matter.... but when I try to install Sims 2 ep5 it does install it but at the end when it says "Please Wait" and this pops up "the Electronic Arts has stopped working" and I think I have to have Bon Voyage in order to update the game and let it work.... Sad

EDIT: actually the stopped working thing happens to every single ep/sp after ep4.....
I think I have to re-consider playing that game!! Crying or Very sad

PM me again for a TeamViewer session. Smile 

But why didn't EP3 work ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 17:32

Hey, Very Happy
My problem is half-solved..... that means that I was able to install most of eps/sps but not all of them..... anyway I think you can close the topic as solved.... Smile 
Just saying
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2014, 00:17

ellajohnson wrote:Hey, Very Happy
My problem is half-solved..... that means that I was able to install most of eps/sps but not all of them..... anyway I think you can close the topic as solved.... Smile 
Just saying
Thanks

Hello again,

Just so that others know about that too: what exactly did you do to make it work ? Did you run the installer in compatibility mode, like I said ? Smile 

Also, which expansions couldn't be installed ? I remember that when trying to install TWO exapnsions (can't remember which) a message popped up saying "The Sims 2 double deluxe already installed this expansion). So I skipped two expansions.

But I still have all EPs/SPs installed.

Other than that, you DID follow the instructions I elaborated on, above ? Smile  So are you playing it now, and do you see any other issues in-game ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 15 Feb 2014, 09:59

I have a friend who had the same issue as yours. She tried to install The Sims 2 on Windows 8 (with the same set of files as yours), but when she installed some of the expansions, the setups crashed, and everytime she runs the game,some pop-up messages will appear notifying her that some of the games have been un-installed. Shocked  After that, I found that those expansions that are "un-installed" are those of which the setups crashed. And the installation files inside these expansions become obselete (that cannot be un-installed with the un-install wizard).

I hosted a Teamviewer session with her, trying to fix the problem. I tried to install the expansions that were claimed to be "un-installed" to another directory. This time the setup finished extracting and moving the files without an issue, but when the game was loading a family, the game crashed.

I truly truly think that The Sims 2 cannot run on some of the Windows 8 pcs. My friend tried another torrent (the torrent I downloaded, which is a working one, at least for me), and then the game crashed as well.

After many trials and errors, I figured out I needed to do some research, and I found this: http://modthesims.info/t/500523. I believe I have mentioned this before during our chat. Do read it.

Before attempting any of the steps though, please un-install cleanly The Sims 2 and other expansions. Remember, since you have mentioned that you cannot un-install The Sims 2, I suggest using Your Uninstaller Force Uninstall function, and un-install the other games using the Uninstaller Super Mode. After that, reboot your pc and initiate the installation with the help of the above guide.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2014, 11:14

J.T. wrote:(...)
After many trials and errors, I figured out I needed to do some research, and I found this: http://modthesims.info/t/500523. I believe I have mentioned this before during our chat. Do read it.

Thank you, but that's basically what Ella already tried (successfully); namely running the autorun.exe in the .ISO file's main directory, in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

And there was no need of any other patches, beyond those I mentioned in my description above. Of course, if you downloaded other Sims 2 versions, it might be necessary to use all patches, but not here. There's no need to screw around a working game, at least not here.

Since Ella confirmed that the game is working now, I'm closing the topic. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top