Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoying Error: "RunDll"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Annoying Error: "RunDll" Empty Annoying Error: "RunDll"

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 11:46

So, hey guys... I will attach a screenshot that shows what I am talking about: http://prntscr.com/my81zd

Annoying Error: "RunDll" SkKv9ietSsuFKgzYJceKKA

I dunno what this is about? I hope u can helpout cuz its rlly annoying... gets in the way of my games and sometimes shuts them off... it also appears normally when i am remaining idle and doing nothin. i dunno if this is a sims' related error or no so please forgive me if its... Embarassed

ty 4 reading

Gatekeeper Edit: moved, because it's not about a G4TW release.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Annoying Error: "RunDll" Empty Re: Annoying Error: "RunDll"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Mar 2019, 18:14

So first off, I did not 'delete' your original comment, and instead moved it to another place yesterday. I didn't respond until now, because I did not know what to say at that point. Can I ask you to use your userpanel , by clicking on "Welcome [username]" in the top right, then "My posts", in order to find your messages? 

About the issue at hand:

delan-C wrote:it also appears normally when i am remaining idle and doing nothin. i dunno if this is a sims' related error

Sims does not use a "Steam.dll", or in fact anything Steam-related, since it's running on the Origin platform. So the window pops up when doing nothing? Do you have Steam installed on the computer...? Have you recently tried starting it up, and maybe failed? If so you could try looking into the task manager and look for Steam-related processes, then right-click on them and choose "end process/task". Then try booting up Steam again.

The other thing that comes to mind is, did you change anything else on the computer recently? The error message says _steam.dll, which is not the actual name of the "real" Steam.dll. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that. Maybe consider using a good malware checkup-tool. Malwarebytes has a free plan, and I recommend that one. Surely there are many others though, so feel free to do more research on your own if you like. Just make sure that with Malwarebytes, you add certain folders to the exclusions, because otherwise it'll wipe your DRM-free games.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2019, 21:48

The_gh0stm4n wrote:So first off, I did not 'delete' your original comment, and instead moved it to another place yesterday. I didn't respond until now, because I did not know what to say at that point. Can I ask you to use your userpanel , by clicking on "Welcome [username]" in the top right, then "My posts", in order to find your messages? 

About the issue at hand:

delan-C wrote:it also appears normally when i am remaining idle and doing nothin. i dunno if this is a sims' related error

Sims does not use a "Steam.dll", or in fact anything Steam-related, since it's running on the Origin platform. So the window pops up when doing nothing? Do you have Steam installed on the computer...? Have you recently tried starting it up, and maybe failed? If so you could try looking into the task manager and look for Steam-related processes, then right-click on them and choose "end process/task". Then try booting up Steam again.

The other thing that comes to mind is, did you change anything else on the computer recently? The error message says _steam.dll, which is not the actual name of the "real" Steam.dll. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that. Maybe consider using a good malware checkup-tool. Malwarebytes has a free plan, and I recommend that one. Surely there are many others though, so feel free to do more research on your own if you like. Just make sure that with Malwarebytes, you add certain folders to the exclusions, because otherwise it'll wipe your DRM-free games.

Good luck!

Hey, sorry 4 the late rep. So what happened was that I used to sign in using Topic It's Twitter option, and then my account got suspended 4 sum reason orrthe other... anyways srry i didnt know about the post being moved.... pale but yeah, it is me "delan-c"

so anyways, ye the error would pop up jus like that... I had steam installed once, but it was removed at the time of eror. but to update u on it i actually reset my whole pc today, because it was totally infectd by virus thx to cc creators putting their damn links behind a thousand ad flies   Rolling Eyes i guess that could be the reason behind the ugly error? so ye u can consider the case solved. do forgive me for taking too long to reply... twitter just would not unsuspend my acc and i also got busy with a lot of stuff irl. also do let me know if i have to do something to prove i am not impersonatng another member of th forum, thsx.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 May 2019, 20:59

delancy_coleman wrote:Hey, sorry 4 the late rep. So what happened was that I used to sign in using Topic It's Twitter option, and then my account got suspended 4 sum reason orrthe other... anyways srry i didnt know about the post being moved.... pale but yeah, it is me "delan-c"

so anyways, ye the error would pop up jus like that... I had steam installed once, but it was removed at the time of eror. but to update u on it i actually reset my whole pc today, because it was totally infectd by virus thx to cc creators putting their damn links behind a thousand ad flies   Rolling Eyes i guess that could be the reason behind the ugly error? so ye u can consider the case solved. do forgive me for taking too long to reply... twitter just would not unsuspend my acc and i also got busy with a lot of stuff irl. also do let me know if i have to do something to prove i am not impersonatng another member of th forum, thsx.

No, I don't think I need further proof of you being, who you claim to be. Smile  That being said, I would have appreciated it, had you e-mailed me before creating this new account. Either way, I will message you later on through e-mail.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top