Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really Annoying Execption Raised Error NOT Solved!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Really Annoying Execption Raised Error NOT Solved! Empty Really Annoying Execption Raised Error NOT Solved!

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 06:08

**START QUOTE**

" aj_navarro2007Exclamation WARNING: FOR MAC USERS ONLY  Exclamation

Hello Everyone! I have experienced the Exception Raised Error and would like to show the steps in avoiding, preventing or atleast kill this game error. I have avoided the error for awhile and *MIGHT* come back if the game's save is full, Mods are incompatible, or something else.... Anyways, here are the notes and steps.

Notes:

*Check if the game is running well without mods and custom content (Atleast back-up The Sims 3 folder from your documents folder)

*Check if mods are in what type (Sims 3 Package, Core Mods, XML Turnable, Object Mods, etc.), compatible, does not harm any animations in-game, and if the mod is corrupted or a bad mod....

ed to delete your Core Mods (Nraas mods or sliders), XML Turnable (Speed things up mods), and Object Mods because it can cause the game to crash everytime you use the object or atleast play the game without using the objects, mods or tweaks. Sims 3 Packages, like custom skins are ok to keep. To know what mods to delete, download this application:**EDITED OUT***Needs Mono to run*]

*Check if Custom Content is updated, does not harm any animations in-game, or if it's a bad cc......

*Check this website: **EDITED OUT** *VERY HELPFUL, If you ask me* Wink

Steps:

1.) Click "Go" on your menubar, and press alt/option on your keyboard. When you see the "Library" in the selection, click it and go to "Preferences".

2.) Press "T" on your keyboard and it wil be highlighted to a folder named "The Sims 3 Preferences", now drag it to the Trash Bin and Empty your Trash....../ Look for a folder named "The Sims 3 Preferences" and delete it....

3.) Now, open your Launcher and Play the game...... Once it's open, change your "Graphical Settings" and accept

Note: Recommended settings: Sim Quality - Medium, Texture Quality - Medium, Resolution - *Highest Res. that you have*, Advance Rendering - Check, Object Hiding - Check, Rest is Low, Off, or Unchecked

4.) Restart your game, So that you have no problem playing the game.....

Hope that helped :)I'll try making a video, incase you didn't get the instructions.....

//MOVED
Shamrock
"

**END QUOTE**

Hey guys,  ^ so that was something I found in the Max Fixes Section of the Forum, and I was having the same problem. The only thing is that my problem never really went away and it is really frustrating. It used to happen at random times, but now every time I want to save the game, the error pops up and completely annoys the **** out of me. Pardon my asterisks. Can anyone help me? I'm really trying to avoid the whole, UNINSTALL EVERYTHING solution Sad . I have the Sims 3 base game and ALL expansion packs & stuff packs. I am on a Mac, obviously, and I used the manual patch and crack correctly, because I was able to actually play the game for a little while before the error happened. I just finished this about 2 days ago and the last EP yesterday. I've been spending the rest of my time trying to figure this issue out and have has no luck.

PS. I actually own the "base" game on a CD but I just bought a new MacBook Pro w/ retina display, very sexy and powerful computer may I add, but it doesn't have a disk drive and I'm not about to spend 70-something $$ to buy the external super-drive just for the "base" game I own.

Help would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!!

Best Regards,

Michael

Back to top Go down

Really Annoying Execption Raised Error NOT Solved! Empty Re: Really Annoying Execption Raised Error NOT Solved!

Post by Phoebe Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:40

Hello Micheal,

Unfortunately this problem is a real headache for all Mac users. But I think I have one or two possible solutions for you.

Right now I want you to rename the Sims 3 file in the Mac HD/Users/"Username"/Documents section. Just name it anything you like "Testing". And open the game again, the game itself will regenerate a new game folder for you. Check if the games craches, and let me know the result. And don't be hopeless if it crashes, we'll try to work it out Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Really Annoying Execption Raised Error NOT Solved! Empty Re: Really Annoying Execption Raised Error NOT Solved!

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 11:46

Hello, Thanks so much for taking your time to try and help. I did what you asked me to and renamed the file, then started up the game. After working pretty good for 30 minutes the same error came up, this time when I was trying to save the game, and it crashed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 16 Jun 2013, 17:08

I am here to help Smile
Then let's try these tips. It helped someone before you, I hope it helps for you too.

"1. Delete Preferances:
/Users//Library/Preferences/The Sims 3 Preferences folder

2. Delete caches:
"Diskname"/Library/Caches/"anything with Sims 3 in it"
/Users/"Username"/Library/Caches/"anything with Sims 3 in it"

3. Repair permissions
/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility, "Repair Permissions"
If repairing permissions mention some error or of files being locked, reboot the system and try that step again."
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 19:59

I've tried that before, and I just tried again, played for a little bit before it once again crashed as I tried saving Facepalm

//EDIT

I've also been searching around on the Google for possible solutions and stumbled across this, "that debug error usually only appears when your in admin mod. you must have another mod installed that's causing you to run in this mod if so try disabling it."

However, I have absolutely no clue what it means...

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 16 Jun 2013, 20:21

Hello again,

Unfortunately, it is long time and unsolved problem for Macs, as EA is a lazya... and hasnt' been able to find to solve the problem for almost 4 years... 

I am still looking for possible solutions, but just have these tips in your mind:

1. Play the game in windowed mode, not fullscreen.
2. Keep your graphic preferences not high.
3. Don't install any CC or mods from everywhere, be selective about them.
4. Try to keep your documents files clean, like deleting all the files end with "cache" in The Sims 3 game file.
5. One of the people say close airport, I don't know anythnig about it.

Also, here is the most common thread about this problem in Sims 3 Forum. You can read to learn more. Also I'll be looking for new answers, if there are. 

Please let me know anything you want to share.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 07:26

It seems like there has been a solution anywhere in that forum you posted above. I honestly just think I'll uninstall it all, and call it quits. I don't want to but I've been looking and attempting solutions for this problem, and nothing has worked. Again, thank you so much for trying to help, but I guess it just isn't meant to be.

Hopefully EA will get things right with The Sims 4 and all of those expansion packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 17 Jun 2013, 11:33

So sorry to hear that, but yeah if EA don't solve the problem, and I don't think they'll, they already making Sims 4.

And I am wishing the same, I hope The Sims 4 will be much better and bug-free. We were more happier with The Sims  about this stuff..

Still I wish I coul help you..Sad If you need anything more, please let me know.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top