Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery) Empty The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery)

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 16:52

Hello all, 

I hope I am posting in the right spot as I am old to this whole forum business and have left my simming days behind (I used to be on PC only and never had any issues, and have now found myself years removed from it due to my job working on Mac's only) but I made a comeback recently! I have looked all over for forum's already talking about this and unfortunately my issue seems unique so I am afraid I messed something up.

First I have downloaded Wineskin Winery (wrapper version - 2.9.0.2 and engine's WS9Wine2.16 and 2.22//ran winetricks vcrun 2012/2013, videosizeeditor and msxml3) and downloaded and installed the base game from G4TW which ran smoothly for a while and all was well until I decided I wanted expansion packs and all the works Facepalm . I did some digging and found anadius' repack where you can pick and choose what you want - of course I decided I wanted it all) and so I went ahead and simply copied all the expansion packs, game packs and downloadable content into my already running Sims folder. The game continued to run smoothly but not everything was appearing, I only saw some DLC in CAS and eventually would start getting pop up boxes which were completely empty, and realized there are definitely some gaps in the game.

I have now removed my past functional sims wrapper (it is sitting safely in a hard drive) and created a new blank wineskin wrapper and did a fresh install of the Sims 4 anadius repack, I got the installer to work smoothly and was able to pick and choose (I think I only opted out of the Holiday stuff pack) and after everything installed I set the target windows exe as the TS4_x64.exe file and when I double clicked to start up the game... literally nothing happened. I changed the windows exe to TS4.exe hoping that would run it, and yes it did start to run - First, the EA screen whooshes past - second, the maxis screen fades in and out - third, the plumbob flies in and the Sims 4 logo appears and then it gracefully fades out and the entire thing shuts down/aborts with absolutely no error message and no explanation.

Any one run into this issue before? How can something with no error messages even begin to be troubleshooted?

Any help is appreciated,

mai.wav

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery) Empty Re: The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery)

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 19:00

Try using this wrapper: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34470-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-get-famous

Or just setting yours the same way.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery) Empty The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery)

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2019, 02:08

anadius wrote:Try using this wrapper: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34470-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-get-famous

Or just setting yours the same way.
Thanks! I went ahead and downloaded the wrapper, then ran into all sorts of issues as discussed in the thread linked by User09 in their wrapper post. 
I ended up downloading the unofficial Wineskin Winery app as that seemed to help a lot of people. I am working on getting all the settings in all the nooks and crannies right, anywhere from setting the windows version to xp, to getting in the config utility to adding libraries and setting them to native windows, running winetricks, etc. to making sure Gatekeeper is bypassed in my Security settings and deleting the EA folder every time I try to run, but I am still working towards getting the wrapper version mentioned by User09 as it has been very difficult for me to find a download of the wrapper version 2.8.8 Beta 2 or instructions on what to do with it after I track it down, but hopefully I'll make headway on that.

My game attempts to start up now and crashes after the EA screen whooshes by, and it no longer gracefully fades out instead it abruptly aborts now so there is definitely something off.

I am considering the "free" Sims 4 base game download Origin is offering and then simply attempting to add in all the DLC's etc. but I have not even begun to look into what that process would look like.

Any ideas on how to track down the wineskin wrapper version mentioned - I am running OS Mojave10.14.3 and so I know that's more updated than most of the threads mention - could that be the issue?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery) Empty Re: The Sims 4 [anadius repack] does not start up on Mac (wineskin winery)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 May 2019, 19:19

mai.wav wrote:
Thanks! I went ahead and downloaded the wrapper, then ran into all sorts of issues as discussed in the thread linked by User09 in their wrapper post. 
I ended up downloading the unofficial Wineskin Winery app as that seemed to help a lot of people. I am working on getting all the settings in all the nooks and crannies right, anywhere from setting the windows version to xp, to getting in the config utility to adding libraries and setting them to native windows, running winetricks, etc. to making sure Gatekeeper is bypassed in my Security settings and deleting the EA folder every time I try to run, but I am still working towards getting the wrapper version mentioned by User09 as it has been very difficult for me to find a download of the wrapper version 2.8.8 Beta 2 or instructions on what to do with it after I track it down, but hopefully I'll make headway on that.

My game attempts to start up now and crashes after the EA screen whooshes by, and it no longer gracefully fades out instead it abruptly aborts now so there is definitely something off.

I am considering the "free" Sims 4 base game download Origin is offering and then simply attempting to add in all the DLC's etc. but I have not even begun to look into what that process would look like.

Any ideas on how to track down the wineskin wrapper version mentioned - I am running OS Mojave10.14.3 and so I know that's more updated than most of the threads mention - could that be the issue?

The best I can do to help you is to tag @User09, as for everything else, she might be able to help you better the next time she comes online.  

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2019, 11:14

Hello all, hope you're all doing well!

A slight update - I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled everything (Wineskin/Anadius repack) and when I go to start the game now I get a new error which is very exciting in terms of at least making progress.. 
It is a grey EA/Origin box and says "Origin is not installed and is required to play your game"

I did some digging all throughout to see what suggestions were through this and watched a video that suggested I copy the files from the anadius repack Game>Bin folder and paste it inside my Program Files>The Sims 4>Game>Bin.
I did this, deleted the EA folder inside Documents, and went to run the game again and no longer received the Origin error but now I am back at square one as the game crashed right as the EA logo floated on screen.

Any idea's from a windows perspective if I maybe have some files missing, etc? I made sure my Program Files and EA folder in Documents weren't mismatched and each had the files they are meant to have. I have a feeling like it's something very obvious that will have me face palming when I figure it out, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Any help is appreciated,

mai.wav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2019, 12:08

SO I did find a few topics on here regarding the exact error I am getting and honestly it's just too impossible to replicate the fixes needed on a Mac, at least for me - and I don't believe I can run the validator on a Mac so that really limits the amount of help I can ask for or information I can present, so I am throwing in the towel and putting this to rest (it has become like a part time job trying to get this to work.)

I appreciate all the time and effort you have all put in but I guess it's just base game for me (unless anyone has any ideas on how to use cracked EPs/SPs/GPs/etc, on a Mac origin base game of course).

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2019, 03:47

mai.wav wrote:Hello all, hope you're all doing well!

A slight update - I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled everything (Wineskin/Anadius repack) and when I go to start the game now I get a new error which is very exciting in terms of at least making progress.. 
It is a grey EA/Origin box and says "Origin is not installed and is required to play your game"

Okay, lets try and solve this:

1) Did you copy the cracked files to the The Sims 4>Game>Bin? The error "Origin is not installed and is required to play your game" means the program is trying to find origin to launch, meaning that its not seeing the cracked files inside Bin;

2) Did you set the "api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0" to native (on Tools>Config Utility);

3) Did you set the path to "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe" as explained here, step 7 (https://www.games4theworld.club/t34470-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-get-famous#);

4) What mac OS are you on? What wrapper and Engine?

Let me know and we go from there.

Last edited by User09 on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 04:55; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more ideas)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top