Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED] Empty Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2019, 20:56

Hi,

I hope you are doing good. I recently downloaded all three games of the Enigmatis trilogy. I am really glad that they not only work instead of showing that annoying "trial ended" message, but that they are also the Collecter's Edition copies. Well, the first two games went great, as I completed the main stories and the other extras included with them; however, it is the last game that has a tiny issue that makes the game unplayable: it is set to (seemingly) Russian as the default language. Now I searched up ways to change the language, and the answers said to change the language from Steam -- other than that, there does not seem to be a way to change it through the menus or settings in the game. I obviously can not go on Steam to change a pirated copy's language, so I really feel stumped...

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED] 7OwtN3m3Q1CbBoVqwZjuYw

**I do want to say that I did not download the game from G4TW but rather from The Pirate Bay, so I understand if help may not be given.**

Thanks,
Pink_Uniqueorn

Gatekeeper Edit: image fixed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 20:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The title was not capitalized properly, and well, that was bothering me.)

Back to top Go down

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Jun 2019, 21:58

With these (cracked) Steam games, you have to look at the location of the .exe file, with which you start the game. Somewhere nearby there is usually an .ini file, that you can open with Notepad. Look at the contents of the text file then, specifically for something about language. Often it's enough to just put "English" next to where it says language.

Or, if you find the file, feel free to copy and paste the contents here, if you still get stuck.  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2019, 22:59

The_gh0stm4n wrote:With these (cracked) Steam games, you have to look at the location of the .exe file, with which you start the game. Somewhere nearby there is usually an .ini file, that you can open with Notepad. Look at the contents of the text file then, specifically for something about language. Often it's enough to just put "English" next to where it says language.

Or, if you find the file, feel free to copy and paste the contents here, if you still get stuck.  Carlos is tha man
Hi,

Thank you so much for the helpful reply. I will attach a screenshot that shows what the contents of the folder are, because I really do not see any file ending with the extension .ini. The three folders titled "Game" (with two being followed by numbers) do not have much in them besides one containing a splashscreen that has Artifex Mundi's (they made the game) logo on it and the others containing videos that look like the cutscenes that may play in the game (I did not go through them much because I do not want spoilers!).

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED] ZRtbPxLSRaGdawGe8qimAQ

I also would like to point out that this game did not even require any installation. The other two games did require a mini-installation with a custom installation wizard (if that is what you call them), but this one was playable right after the torrent file was finished and extracted. Consequently, even the .exe file was right there in the extracted folder.

If nothing is possible, then I would just go look for another copy of the game with English as the default language. If you also happen to know one, that would be great. Oh my...

Thanks,

Pink_Uniqueorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Jun 2019, 23:11

You don't see the extension, because by default Windows disables file extensions for "known" filetypes (which I just recall now Oh my... ). But if you look at the steam_api, which is 2KB in filesize and where it says "configuration settings", that is what you need.

You can right-click on that file and choose open with -> Notepad. Then look at the contents of the file.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2019, 00:25

The_gh0stm4n wrote:You don't see the extension, because by default Windows disables file extensions for "known" filetypes (which I just recall now Oh my... ). But if you look at the steam_api, which is 2KB in filesize and where it says "configuration settings", that is what you need.

You can right-click on that file and choose open with -> Notepad. Then look at the contents of the file.
Hello, gh0stm4n:

It is okay that you forgot about the extension not appearing, but I am glad that you let me know! Okay, so I opened up steam_api and this is what it says: (quoted)

steam_api wrote:###
###  @@@@  @@@@  @      @@    @@   @@@   @@@@  @@@
###  @  @  @     @     @  @  @  @  @  @  @     @  @
###  @@@   @@@   @     @  @  @@@@  @  @  @@@   @  @
###  @  @  @     @     @  @  @  @  @  @  @     @  @
###  @  @  @@@@  @@@@   @@   @  @  @@@   @@@@  @@@
###
### Stats and Achievements stored here:
###
### Windows 2000, 2003, XP
###
### C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steam\%UserName%\%Appid%\
###
### Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
###
### C:\ProgramData\Steam\%UserName%\%Appid%\
###
[Settings]
###
###
### Enter your name here
###
### Names with diacritic or cyrillic characters are supported but not guaranteed to work
###
UserName = IGGGAMES

###
### Select your language here if available
###
Language = english

[Steam64]

[Steam]
SteamAppList=0000000001
SteamApps=0000000007
SteamAppTicket=0000000000
SteamClient=0000000017
SteamContentServer=0000000000
SteamController=0000000000
SteamFriends=0000000015
SteamGameCoordinator=0000000000
SteamGameServer=0000000012
SteamGameServerStats=0000000001
SteamGameStats=0000000000
SteamHTMLSurface=0000000003
SteamHTTP=0000000002
SteamInventory=0000000001
SteamMasterServerUpdater=0000000000
SteamMatchmaking=0000000009
SteamMatchmakingServers=0000000002
SteamMusic=0000000001
SteamMusicRemote=0000000001
SteamNetworking=0000000005
SteamRemoteStorage=0000000012
SteamScreenshots=0000000002
SteamUGC=0000000007
SteamUnifiedMessages=0000000001
SteamUser=0000000018
SteamUserStats=0000000011
SteamUtils=0000000007
SteamVideo=0000000001
SteamVR=0000000000

InstallDir = .\
SM0 = steam_api.dll

###
### http://store.steampowered.com/app/%AppId%/
###
AppId = 495110

Thanks,

Pink_Uniqueorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Jun 2019, 16:44

Well, that's not good! I'm assuming that this repack you downloaded, actually included other languages than Russian? Most of these games do, but sometimes they don't.

I suppose as a last ditch effort you can try opening the Control Panel and go here:

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED] Upyn3QF

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED] 4LYyaRB

Game Stuck with Seemingly Russian as Default Language (Not a G4TW Download). [SOLVED] 8otB3Fc

And after that, choose "English" from the drop-down menu. Click "OK" to save the change. It's possible that the saving of the change takes a little time and/or you have to re-boot the computer after that.

The issue with that is also, that depending on what your "home language" is, you may get problems with other programs, if you switch this to English, just to be able to play this game.

It's worth a try, though in my experience it's almost never necessary to edit these options.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2019, 00:16

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Well, that's not good! I'm assuming that this repack you downloaded, actually included other languages than Russian? Most of these games do, but sometimes they don't.
Hello, The_gh0stm4n.

I hope you are fine. Forgive my delayed response as I was out the whole day, today. Anyways, I must say I am not exactly sure about what you mean when you ask if it included other languages, sorry, but all I do know is that the game is fully in Russian. Everything is in Russian. There is 0% of any other language present there. Though I do not know if the cutscenes are in Russian, because the first cutscene that plays in the game (like sort of an "intro" to the game to show the title) is just one of the evil dude doing evil things and grinning (or maybe frowning?) creepily as music plays, so not much talking is done there... I did not go further because I was struggling so much on the Menu itself (which appeared after the intro).

And after that, choose "English" from the drop-down menu. Click "OK" to save the change. It's possible that the saving of the change takes a little time and/or you have to re-boot the computer after that.

The issue with that is also, that depending on what your "home language" is, you may get problems with other programs, if you switch this to English, just to be able to play this game.

It's worth a try, though in my experience it's almost never necessary to edit these options.

I followed all your steps, actually, and the language was already set to English. I apologize if I wasted your time. I will go look for other copies of the game now, and I hope I will find some!

Thanks,

Pink_Uniqueorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Jun 2019, 00:26

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:
Hello, The_gh0stm4n.

I hope you are fine. Forgive my delayed response as I was out the whole day, today. Anyways, I must say I am not exactly sure about what you mean when you ask if it included other languages, sorry, 

Basically in the torrent title and/or description, there is a hint about languages. That can be "Russian", "English", or something like "Multi-[insert something here]". But yes, most of these releases are multi-language anyways, so it doesn't matter much I guess in the end.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jun 2019, 20:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:
Hello, The_gh0stm4n.

I hope you are fine. Forgive my delayed response as I was out the whole day, today. Anyways, I must say I am not exactly sure about what you mean when you ask if it included other languages, sorry, 

Basically in the torrent title and/or description, there is a hint about languages. That can be "Russian", "English", or something like "Multi-[insert something here]". But yes, most of these releases are multi-language anyways, so it doesn't matter much I guess in the end.

Well, I somehow found a game that is working, by following link after link. Surprisingly enough, it was the most sketchy-looking one that worked. Anyways, even though I was not able to use the help, I still appreciate you giving it to me -- thanks! I tip my fedora.

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.  Carlos is tha man

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top