Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020]

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020] - Page 6 Empty The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Jun 2019, 13:16

First topic message reminder :

Peoples of G4TW!

Island Living's G4TW repack is here!! I would suggest you take the time now to read this introduction. Now, it took us a bit longer because I myself have been waiting for ZLOrigin; due to super-slow speeds at the time I decided to abandon the download, and use something else. No hate on ZLOrigin please, they are doing a very important job, and they will be relevant for some time to come. Instead I decided to base this G4TW repack on original (a.k.a. legit) Origin-files, courtesy of @Freezer Bunny! Now let's hope I did not mess up anything... Oh my...  We also came up with a direct download solution this time, which users from "Western Liberal Democracies (TM)" suffering from ISP surveillance (America, UK, Germany, France, et cetera) might be able to benefit from.

You can apply this thing directly on top of Strangerville, or the 1.51.77.1020 patch. The download includes the Island Living DLC and the Pride Update too. It is 7.64GB in filesize, contains all 17 language strings (courtesy of @anadius  Carlos is tha man  ), and a complete "Game"-folder as well.

We are also using adverts on these download links, as usual. Yes, I know: "Evil adverts", and so forth. But since we need the revenue, we'll have to ask you to bear with us. Read this information on adverts to learn how to navigate this 'obstacle'. Your Support in that regard is crucial for our mission, and I'd also like to give a big shoutout to everybody who has supported us in that regard! Your contributions will not be forgotten, which you may understand better...in the near future.

I think I said everything I wanted to say for the moment. Stay safe, and good luck!

Download list

We've got a Carloz. Make The Forum Great

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 00:55; edited 24 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020] - Page 6 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2019, 15:31

conobrien wrote:Hi everyone,

thank you for the crack. I was just wondering, i downloaded my version of the sims4 from cracked.org and i believe it was skidrow who uploaded it there, I have all packs and the latest update, can i still download this and install as described or would i have to re-install it all from scratch using G4TW version ?

Welcome to the Forum @conobrien,

Basically these repacks are interchangeable, in the sense that you can use stuff from different repackers, and not have to deal with "re-installing from scratch". So yes, you can have a repack from someone else, and apply this G4TW patch on top of it (provided your previous repack contained the Strangerville DLC).

Yess, aye lieeke!

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020] - Page 6 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020]

Post by grieralexander Mon 24 Jun 2019, 17:20

Update #3: For those of you having problems with bathtubs disappearing, it only happens with CC bathtubs, as far as I have been able to test. You will also get a Last Exception, if you read it, you will see that it refers to bone alignment, which is used for animations. Apparently with the introduction of Mermaids bone aligment changed for certain items. The last exception is caused by W.W., so if you are using this mod, I would suggest that you update it. Although, you will be able to use your CC bathtubs again and they will not disappear when placed, you will still get a last exception report. However the lot will be playable, so dismiss until a new patch comes along. Remember I'm testing build buy items and I have not introduced any Sims into the lot yet. Good job!

grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2019, 20:08

Regarding a screenshot that a user on here sent me.

The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020] - Page 6 JfQRdd3

I've decided to be diplomatic on this end (contrary to what I initially wanted to do). Maybe that Nation Decay-person never downloaded from GoogleDrive before. Or maybe they can't follow basic instructions very well. Or maybe they thought that the sentence starting with *please* in the opening announcement, indicated an "optional step". And if that was the argument, I maybe would understand.

However, if it really was an optional step, would I really start the sentence with the word "please"? Would I even bother mentioning that import-tutorial, if it wasn't important, at all?

The opening announcement links to a Forum tutorial, which explains how to import the item to one's own GoogleDrive account. And let's be real: pretty sure everybody has such a "Google-account" these days. If not, creating one is free of charge. Though they do seem to ask for phone numbers in new registrations, these days.

Either way: the direct download link in the opening post is still working. Yes, the daily bandwidth of 2TB depletes very quickly, so you cannot download directly from the link, OK. But you can/should import the item to your own G-drive. See the tutorial linked in the opening announcement.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2019, 21:21

Downloading the EP (3% at the time of writing) but it sucks because of the 200 KB download speed limit cause of 3rd world country.

F

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2019, 21:28

Xweet wrote:Downloading the EP (3% at the time of writing) but it sucks because of the 200 KB download speed limit cause of 3rd world country.

F

Sorry to hear ma' man. In that case, I don't think the direct download would be any better. With the torrent, you can at least pause/resume it, safely.

Well, good luck either way!  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2019, 22:06

First things first - thank you for your hard work (as usual). I've been lurking here for quite a while. Now, I don't like to bother anyone and I'm not sure if posting this here is alright but after downloading and installing this pack, some in-game animations seems to be missing, as in sim resets when trying to perform them. I've tried turning off mods, updating them, removing folder with mods outside etc. with no luck. Validator doesn't show any files missing, last exception goes "Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'Constraint' object has no attribute '_min_water_depth')". 
Is there any chance to fix it without reinstallation?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2019, 22:11

Catallena wrote:First things first - thank you for your hard work (as usual). I've been lurking here for quite a while. Now, I don't like to bother anyone and I'm not sure if posting this here is alright but after downloading and installing this pack, some in-game animations seems to be missing, as in sim resets when trying to perform them. I've tried turning off mods, updating them, removing folder with mods outside etc. with no luck. Validator doesn't show any files missing, last exception goes "Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'Constraint' object has no attribute '_min_water_depth')
". 
Is there any chance to fix it without reinstallation?

Welcome to the Forum first of all @Catellena,

One thing straight away: never ever even think about "uninstalling and re-installing" anything, in an attempt to fix some in-game bugs. I can assure you, from my own experience, that in 9 out 10 cases it's not going to work. What's more, chances are you could make things worse by not properly re-installing.

Try clearing the cache files, maybe it'll help:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php

I also heard that this patch introduced a number of in-game bugs, as-is. We will have to wait to hear from EA, about a possible new patch or hotfix.

I can't really offer more help, but again. I strongly advise against this "uninstalling and re-installing". A common idea, but in practice it works very rarely.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2019, 04:10

I cant download it..it says
"Access to doc-08-0s-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied"
You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403
How can i fix this??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2019, 16:26

I see everyone talking about mods and cc but how do I even add custom content? There isn't a mods folder or anything so how would I even get it in the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jun 2019, 17:06

gggiuliac wrote:
gggiuliac wrote:Hi guys! It's the first time I write here, but I've been following you since like forever and I absolutely adore your work! 
The thing is I've an issue with Islandliving; I downloaded it and installed it following the guide as always, but as I turned it on it did this...
Do you happen to know why? Yesterday I turned on the game and it worked fine.. 
The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020] - Page 6 Sims10
Ok, turns out that by deleting the "Options" file from C:\Users\gggiu\OneDrive\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 the issue got fixed because the game went back to full screen. But as I put it into windowed mode the issue arises again. Do you think it can be a problem of resolution?  Oh my...

Sorry for the belated reply again @ggguliac! Why.  Do you have V-Sync (Vertical Sync) activated, either through your graphics card control panel or through the game settings? Please try activating V-Sync somewhere; I don't think it really matters for The Sims 4 where you activate V-Sync, just as long as it is activated "somewhere". Once you managed to do that, feel free to try again playing in windowed mode. 

I've asked around a bit, and there could be another explanation for that phenomenon. And it is basically this here, what you should try doing:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

But then again, if fullscreen mode is working for you, then I suppose for the moment that should be enough.  Oh my...

And where's that other person from Poland now, ah here:

mrmatkasp wrote:Hi guys!
First of all, thank you for great work!
I have never had an issue with applying updates but after updating to island living i have an issue - it seems that i don't have some components. i can't show you an error message because it's in polish but in conclusion it says that i need origin account or some components are missing. should i re-install everything?

Sorry for the belated reply as well @mrmatkasp, sometimes when we copy/paste files under Windows, things can go wrong. For example (it happened to me too), that items are accidentally copied into a subfolder or something.

Since this thread is getting too crowded, I'd suggest you open a new topic under "The Sims 4 Support" here; just copy/paste your question into a new thread there, so the stuff is easier to read. 

Make sure to run anadius' validator tool, and post the results in the new topic under TS4 Support-section.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

Yess, aye lieeke!

hazwani99 wrote:I cant download it..it says
"Access to doc-08-0s-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied"
You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403
How can i fix this??

This could have been a temporary error. Have you tried waiting a little bit, and then trying again? Also, don't forget to follow the tutorial here, on how to import the item to your GoogleDrive properly.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33497-how-to-bypass-googledrive-s-too-many-users-have-viewed-or-downloaded-this-file-recently

chlojo wrote:I see everyone talking about mods and cc but how do I even add custom content? There isn't a mods folder or anything so how would I even get it in the game?

Mods are installed under the "Documents"-subfolder, so not in the same place where your actual installation is located. Old, but still gold:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015

Welcome to the Forum btw, @chlojo  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2019, 17:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Catallena wrote:Welcome to the Forum first of all @Catellena,

One thing straight away: never ever even think about "uninstalling and re-installing" anything, in an attempt to fix some in-game bugs. I can assure you, from my own experience, that in 9 out 10 cases it's not going to work. What's more, chances are you could make things worse by not properly re-installing.
I appreciate your warm welcome. I've tried clearing caches so it probably is an in-game bug. I thought about re-installing as a last resort and tbh I'm a little bit surprised that it's not a good thing to know. Well, every day you learn something new, right?
Thank you for your advices!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2019, 18:15

Thank you for the welcome! Does this still apply when I downloaded the full pack version? I deleted my old sims game to make installing this version simpler, so now I don't have any folders that usually get installed with the normal game. How would I go about adding mods if the only version of the sims I have is this full pack one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2019, 20:37

I tried following the direction for google drive and it keeps erroring on me. If I wait a few days will it be able to be downloaded again or is that hte limit?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jun 2019, 23:07

chlojo wrote:Thank you for the welcome! Does this still apply when I downloaded the full pack version? I deleted my old sims game to make installing this version simpler, so now I don't have any folders that usually get installed with the normal game. How would I go about adding mods if the only version of the sims I have is this full pack one?

What I wrote in that (old) tutorial, applies to all Sims 4 repacks, regardless where you got them from. It even applies to legal Sims 4 games.

If you don't have a folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 already, it will be created after you start up the game for the first time. You can simply start up TS4, go to the main menu, and then exit. After that the folder location will show up - including the "Mods"-subfolder, and you can then happily download and install whatever you desire.

Warning: TEA

shadowkissed30 wrote:I tried following the direction for google drive and it keeps erroring on me. If I wait a few days will it be able to be downloaded again or is that hte limit?

Hello @shadowkissed30,

Can you tell me where exactly in this process here you are encountering the issue? Is it when you are trying to "make a copy"?

Does your GoogleDrive have 8GB or more free space? It must have, otherwise it won't work. Also, don't use that "incognito-mode" either. I know it sounds edgy, but in Google Chrome (and most mainstream browsers for that matter), nothing is really "incognito".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2019, 13:29

The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020] - Page 6 11110

This happened to me I already have all dlcs and normally play until install this dlc wah what can I do plz help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2019, 13:35

Hiii! I wanted to update you all on my situation. Idk precisely what I did, but now it works both in full screen and in windowed mode, so... I guess it'll remain an unsolved mistery!
Thank you so much anyway for your patience and for trying to fix the issue.. I greatly appreciate it, as much as your hard work for us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2019, 15:13

Thanks you guys So much for the fast upload !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2019, 19:10

Ok ive posted a few times on here I just can't seem to get it to download . all its says is connecting to peer. Can someone please help me. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Jun 2019, 20:04

To everybody. Upon being urged by some users to do so, I've posted a few alternative direct download mirrors. I suspect that they won't last very long though, if you get my spin, but we shall see. Maybe it can alleviate the situation with the overloaded GoogleDrive a bit. Which, by the way, still works. You "just" need to properly import the item to your own GoogleDrive, which should have at least 8 GB of free space. See the tutorial linked under the GoogleDrive-link, in the announcement. Now:

onepid01 wrote:The Sims 4 - Island Living G4TW Repack, OUT NOW!! [Version 1.52.100.1020] - Page 6 11110

This happened to me I already have all dlcs and normally play until install this dlc wah what can I do plz help.

Welcome to the Forum @onepid01,

I'd suggest, since this thread is overcrowded, that you open a new topic under "The Sims 4 Support". Just copy/paste your question from here, into that new topic. Good luck!

weavingend wrote:Thanks you guys So much for the fast upload !!

No problem @weavingend, Carlos is tha man .

Tis_valpal wrote:Ok ive posted a few times on here I just can't seem to get it to download . all its says is connecting to peer.  Can someone please help me.  Thanks

Hello again @Tis_valpal,

Because I've seen you use the e-mail contact form: note that we generally don't respond to Game- or Download-questions, via email. We ask our users, to use strictly only the Forum for that.

With that being said, I have sent an e-mail message to the address that you used when creating this Forum account, with further instructions. Hope it will help!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2019, 12:10

am i doing something wrong i get this message on every link 

prntscr.com / o7d5fx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2019, 12:14

500 Fehler 

Es ist ein technischer Fehler aufgetreten.

Das Linkvertise-Team wurde automatisch darüber benachrichtigt und wird den Fehler  schnellstmöglich  beheben. 
Bitte versuche es später erneut!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2019, 12:26

prutteltje87 wrote:am i doing something wrong i get this message on every link 

prntscr.com / o7d5fx
I am having this exact same problem, even after trying the different download platforms. I made an account just to ask about it, and thought it might just be a problem on my end, but apparently not. PS: Thank you guys for all the work you do!! I wasn't expecting to see Island Living up for download so soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2019, 17:26

does anybody know why i can't progress through the ad link site.. when i click the article or video buttons it just plays the loading icon next to them and nothing happens. i left it open for like 10 minutes but nothing loaded

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jun 2019, 17:39

prutteltje87 wrote:

500 Fehler 

Es ist ein technischer Fehler aufgetreten.

Das Linkvertise-Team wurde automatisch darüber benachrichtigt und wird den Fehler  schnellstmöglich  beheben. 
Bitte versuche es später erneut!

bevcrusher wrote:
prutteltje87 wrote:am i doing something wrong i get this message on every link 

prntscr.com / o7d5fx

I am having this exact same problem, even after trying the different download platforms. I made an account just to ask about it, and thought it might just be a problem on my end, but apparently not. PS: Thank you guys for all the work you do!! I wasn't expecting to see Island Living up for download so soon!

Welcome to the Forum @prutteltje87 and @bevcrusher,

There was indeed some temporary outage earlier today, but right now it seems to be working again. Yess, aye lieeke!  Hope you'll like the new DLC!

Vynuxys wrote:does anybody know why i can't progress through the ad link site.. when i click the article or video buttons it just plays the loading icon next to them and nothing happens. i left it open for like 10 minutes but nothing loaded

Hello @Vynuxys,

As hinted above, I tried it again myself on Firefox (video muted though, & we will remove these videos a week after the announcement has been made). I can get to the destination link.

My guess is that these issues are caused by some browser extension or plugin. I know for example that "uMatrix" for Firefox can cause the issue, or in fact any other of these "privacy" or "security"-extensions/add-ons. Try whitelisting these sites temporarily if you indeed have these extensions, or try using a different browser.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2019, 18:22

thanks for the advice, i tried it with firefox where i have no add ons/extensions, the article worked but the video still won't play so i can't download it either way.. thanks for your guys' work anyway though

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jun 2019, 18:27

Vynuxys wrote:thanks for the advice, i tried it with firefox where i have no add ons/extensions, the article worked but the video still won't play so i can't download it either way.. thanks for your guys' work anyway though

*sigh*

Sent an e-mail to the address associated to your Forum account, hopefully that will help. Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2019, 18:32

oh damn dude that's awesome, thank you for that! you guys are the best  Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top