Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. Empty Paralives: An Indie life simulation game.

Post by Unesty Mon 09 Sep 2019, 14:13

Hello guys, I am not sure if you've heard about this game. I wanted to share it for those who haven't seen yet. It seems like it can be a cool rival to the sims. A much needed competition.

It's an indie game, being created by Alex Massé. He shares updates on twitter and there is also a discord channel for communication with the fans. It has been announced a few months ago and already pull a lot of attention. 

It is confirmed that the game, when it is released, will have cats, dogs and horses, resizable objects, curved walls, custom shaped stairs and more. 

Here are a few screenshots from the game:

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. P8w0aIm

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. H93Fmom

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. 0GjN00k

We will be able to use real life measurements, custom lot sizes and gridless build mode. 

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. KYl7Ql4

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. MK7cdF6

I think it has a nice artstyle. It is promising and has so many inventive qualities already and it's still being developed. I am exited about it and I hope we get to see it finish.

[not]Moved to "Indie Corner"; images re-uploaded to imgur and re-sized, due to hotlinking restrictions on the original website.

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]
Unesty
Unesty
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. Empty Re: Paralives: An Indie life simulation game.

Post by Freezer Bunny Mon 09 Sep 2019, 19:25

Wow! Ermahgerd

Will definitely check it out whenever the developers are ready! Let's hope it won't be a rip-off like Sims 4 though, but I'm hopeful for that Indie developer. He's also got ample opportunity to learn and see what NOT to do, by looking at Sims 4.

Killkillkillkill!
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. Empty Re: Paralives: An Indie life simulation game.

Post by Unesty Wed 11 Sep 2019, 13:10

There is a poll happening about the most wanted features in the game, leaving the link here in case anyone wants to check it out.

This is a look at the building tools stuff

Resizing objects

Creating and editing lots

Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2019, 05:32

I saw this a few months back, it definitely grabbed my interest so am waiting to see how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 11 Oct 2019, 18:35

It will be interesting to see, when it comes out! Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Paralives: An Indie life simulation game. Empty New Videos!

Post by Unesty Thu 07 Nov 2019, 17:56

Here are some new videos of the game
These editing tools are my favorite

Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Sun 08 Dec 2019, 15:02

A new video!
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Dec 2019, 20:25

He/people in the discord have said there's gonna be settings to make it accessible for laptops and lower end PCs, too Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Dec 2019, 04:52

fragginaardvark wrote:He/people in the discord have said there's gonna be settings to make it accessible for laptops and lower end PCs, too Very Happy

Indie games in general tend to have low hardware/system requirements, compared to mainstream/AAA titles.

Welcome to the G4TW Forums to you too @fragginaardvark!

Happy B-day!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Fri 20 Dec 2019, 13:24

It's pretty awesome to see how much the graphics of the game improved when you compare this to the oldest videos. Parapeople are still a mystery though. I'm extingly waiting for more to come. 

Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Tue 21 Apr 2020, 19:29

Is this gonna be on Steam, like many other Indie games? Razz Wait ... seems so:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1118520/Paralives/

That means most custom content & mod creators will likely be on the Steam workshop, unlike with traditional Sims games. That's just a guess from me, but I'd be surprised if there were creators choosing not to publish their stuff on the workshop.

In case people were unfamiliar: you can only access the Steam workshop (for any game), if you actually own the game itself, on Steam.

tongue
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top