Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download to Use version '1.56.52.1020 patch'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Download to Use version '1.56.52.1020 patch' Empty Download to Use version '1.56.52.1020 patch'

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2019, 22:45

Since the recent update of version 1.56.52.1020, a list of my DLC are saying i need to download to use. This has only happened since the Realm of Magic update and then the further patch.
This is the list that says that i need to download to use

"seasons
cats and dogs
get together
jungle
spa
pet stuff
laundry
toddler
fitness
spooky stuff
kitchen stuff
patio stuff
party"

is there any simple fix to this?

Back to top Go down

Download to Use version '1.56.52.1020 patch' Empty Re: Download to Use version '1.56.52.1020 patch'

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2019, 23:13

Validator report

report:

where can i get these files?

Back to top Go down

Download to Use version '1.56.52.1020 patch' Empty Re: Download to Use version '1.56.52.1020 patch'

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Nov 2019, 01:02

TCEVANS wrote:Validator report

report:

where can i get these files?

So welcome to the G4TW Forums first of all @TCEVANS,

Delete your "Game"-subfolder once more (the one located within your TS4 installation) and then re-extract it from the 1.56.52.1020 .7z archive file, if you still have it. Re-insert the fresh "Game"-subfolder to your TS4 installation then, and try the game again.

If that did not work, try doing another validator check, this time with the checkbox "quick scan" unmarked. This scan will take longer, but may show other issues.

One more thing, if you post for help under old threads that date back from August, it's not likely anybody will respond to you:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34079-download-to-use-issue-ran-validator-mac#207378

As a rule of thumb, if a thread is older than a week, then you should not bother posting in there, because the person responding there last is not likely going to get back to you; because by then they have either solved their issue, or have otherwise forgotten about it. When using these Forums please post only one thread and wait until someone gets back to you. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2019, 19:17

Full report is as follows, thank you for the advice.

report:

have started to redownload the packs that i seem to be missing files from, how do i install these? can i just copy what is missing over or would i need to start again?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Nov 2019, 19:53

TCEVANS wrote:Full report is as follows, thank you for the advice.

report:

have started to redownload the packs that i seem to be missing files from, how do i install these? can i just copy what is missing over or would i need to start again?

So this is the "full scan", then? Which means it took a while to complete? May I also ask how big your TS4 installation folder is? Can you maybe even post a screenshot of what is inside of your "The Sims 4" installation folder?

Assuming you did not accidentally remove any folders or files at all...this is a bit trickier than usual. Try moving your TS4 installation folder elsewhere, for example directly under the desktop, and see if you can run it from there. Windows has this built-in "file/folder permissions" thing, that keeps interfering with stuff, of course "to protect users".

But as with nearly everything that is nowadays "manufactured" in America, something that may be well-meaning usually doesn't translate into an acceptable end-result.

Instead of moving the install folder, you could theoretically also try this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

Try applying the procedure analogously to your TS4 installation folder. I remember I wrote this many years ago for TS3, when I still had Windows 7. But the menus should look the same in Windows 8 and Windows 10. Start with your "Bin"-folder, that contains the .exe files for your TS4. Move up to the next layer "Game", then "The Sims 4".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2019, 11:49

Thanks for your help, I've managed to fix it by just copying over which files were missing.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top