Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

None of my folders, in the .rar or after installing, are called "Fun With Pets."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

None of my folders, in the .rar or after installing, are called "Fun With Pets." Empty None of my folders, in the .rar or after installing, are called "Fun With Pets."

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 05:02

I'm having the exact same problem - none of my folders, in the .rar or after installing, are called "Fun With Pets."

I have just "Pets," but that one has Sims2EP4.exe instead of Sims2EP9.exe. The Sims2EP9.exe file is in my Mansion and Garden Stuff folder. (I'm not sure why it's EP9 when it's a stuff pack, but that's what it's called.)

The folders I have in the Complete Collection.rar are:
(Base game) Double Deluxe Edition
(EP 1) University
(EP 3) Open for Business
(EP 4) Pets
(EP 5) Seasons
(EP 6) Bon Voyage
(EP 7) FreeTime
(EP 8 ) Apartment Life
(SP 1) Family Fun Stuff
(SP 2) Glamour Life Stuff
(SP 3) Happy Holiday Stuff
(SP 5) H&M Fashion Stuff
(SP 6) Teen Style Stuff
(SP 7) Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
(SP 8 ) IKEA Home Stuff
(SP 9) Mansion and Garden Stuff

(EP 2 and SP 4 are included in Double Deluxe)

So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to replace the file in M&G Stuff, add the file to Pets, or put it somewhere else.

I've never had the game installed on this computer, and I downloaded the torrent for the first time this afternoon, so I don't think re-downloading it is the solution.

Back to top Go down

None of my folders, in the .rar or after installing, are called "Fun With Pets." Empty Re: None of my folders, in the .rar or after installing, are called "Fun With Pets."

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Dec 2019, 05:11

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Kestaa,

The "Complete Collection" (which is what you downloaded) and the "Ultimate Collection" are two different downloads. Hence you do not have a "Fun with Pets"-folder.

The Complete Collection is the older torrent, which I myself haven't used in ages. But if you just follow the included #Installation Guide.txt file, then you'll be fine. If I remember correctly, there is a #Crack folder inside the "(SP 9) Mansion and Garden Stuff". Copy the Sims2EP9.exe from that #Crack, to the appropriate location after the installation. I think it is.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. And replace the existing file when prompted.

Again, I haven't used this Complete Collection in a long time, so I'm not 100% sure if the filepath I just gave is correct, but in case it isn't, refer to the included install guide please.

Good luck!

Topic split and moved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

None of my folders, in the .rar or after installing, are called "Fun With Pets." Empty Re: None of my folders, in the .rar or after installing, are called "Fun With Pets."

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 05:28

Ah, okay, that makes sense. There's only the one Sims 2 collection listed on the Downloads page, so I didn't clue in that they're two separate things. I had to click through several links (including a couple of Linkvertise screens) to get to the right post, and then another couple of Linkvertise screens to get to the actual magnet link. No wonder I didn't see it!

So... should I uninstall everything from the Complete Collection and install the Ultimate Collection instead? I installed and patched everything according to the Installation Guide, including installing the file from the #crack folder, but I haven't actually tried to play yet.

I'm assuming the 4GB patch won't work with the version I've installed? And I'm in the process of downloading the Origin one to save me a bunch of clicking and waiting if it turns out that I need it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Dec 2019, 23:01

Kestaa wrote:Ah, okay, that makes sense. There's only the one Sims 2 collection listed on the Downloads page, so I didn't clue in that they're two separate things. I had to click through several links (including a couple of Linkvertise screens) to get to the right post, and then another couple of Linkvertise screens to get to the actual magnet link. No wonder I didn't see it!

So... should I uninstall everything from the Complete Collection and install the Ultimate Collection instead? I installed and patched everything according to the Installation Guide, including installing the file from the #crack folder, but I haven't actually tried to play yet.

I'm assuming the 4GB patch won't work with the version I've installed? And I'm in the process of downloading the Origin one to save me a bunch of clicking and waiting if it turns out that I need it.

You can use the 4Gb patch on any of these Sims 2 repacks.

And you probably figured it out already, since I am replying again rather late, but in general it's not worth it to re-download another torrent once you already got one. Yes, the "Origin Ultimate Collection" is easier to install than the older pack, which is the one you downloaded.

If your game is working, then just roll with it. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top