Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2020, 19:01

Before you ask, I've searched for and tried other topics solutions for this same problem and I didn't find any that works.

I've extracted my whole .rar file, and followed the instructions; double-click on setup.exe from the "root"folder (in yellow in the spoiler image1) and install the game.
image1:
Then this message appeared :
failed install:
So I tried with the autorun.exe (in orange-red in image1), but nothing would happen
So I went in the "file" folder (in blue in image1) and tried startup.exe and zt.exe (in yellow in image2) The game is launched, I have sound for the "trailer" of the game and the studios right before the game. But when in the menu no sound, no music, during a new game neither. It crashes after a few minutes...
image2:

So what should I do? I tried the compatibility thing, extracting on desktop and others from there but nothing works... what should I do?

//EDIT

[ SORRY I CANT FIND WHERE TO EDIT Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED] Icon_sad ]
so I just changed the folder name to "ZT2UCD1" and it worked??? really? THAT simple??? Anyways thanks, sorry

Back to top Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Jan 2020, 22:36

MlleLulu wrote:Before you ask, I've searched for and tried other topics solutions for this same problem and I didn't find any that works.

I've extracted my whole .rar file, and followed the instructions; double-click on setup.exe from the "root"folder (in yellow in the spoiler image1) and install the game.
image1:
failed install:
So I tried with the autorun.exe (in orange-red in image1), but nothing would happen
So I went in the "file" folder (in blue in image1) and tried startup.exe and zt.exe (in yellow in image2) The game is launched, I have sound for the "trailer" of the game and the studios right before the game. But when in the menu no sound, no music, during a new game neither. It crashes after a few minutes...
image2:

So what should I do? I tried the compatibility thing, extracting on desktop and others from there but nothing works... what should I do?

//EDIT

[ SORRY I CANT FIND WHERE TO EDIT Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED] Icon_sad ]
so I just changed the folder name to "ZT2UCD1" and it worked??? really? THAT simple??? Anyways thanks, sorry

Hello and thanks for sharing that tip!

Did you find out about changing the folder name by co-incidence? Because I so far never heard about that trick. Either way, glad to hear you made it work seemingly. Very Happy I'll also add your trick to the topic with Zoo Tyconn 2 UC fixes, later on.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 14:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
MlleLulu wrote:Before you ask, I've searched for and tried other topics solutions for this same problem and I didn't find any that works.

image1:
failed install:
image2:

//EDIT

Hello and thanks for sharing that tip!

Did you find out about changing the folder name by co-incidence? Because I so far never heard about that trick. Either way, glad to hear you made it work seemingly. Very Happy I'll also add your trick to the topic with Zoo Tyconn 2 UC fixes, later on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 14:53

[SORRY AGAIN I had a problem with my answer, I put images of the process but I don't know why it said the message was too long (wasn't that much but ok) and I couldn't post it or even post another one; so you can delete the quote I'm very sorry (and I still don't see where I can edit my message btw)]

So what I did was: extract the .rar file, put it on desktop, rename it,  copy the crack files and put it in "files" folder (don't know if it has to do with it but well), click on autorun.exe, follow the install, and voilà... When I play I use autorun.exe not Startup.exe or zt.exe.
With startup.exe and zt.exe, I can run the game without installing but it won't have sound and will crash eventually. Plus it doesn't have a menu on the desktop (with Play, Uninstall etc), so well...

Hope it can help others...!

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved and topic closed, thanks again! Smile

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top