Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cities Skylines - Modern City Center (seed :))

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cities Skylines - Modern City Center (seed :)) Empty Cities Skylines - Modern City Center (seed :))

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2020, 16:17

I downloaded about 500mb yesterday, but now it's showing 0 seeds / 1 peer (maybe that's me).

Back to top Go down

Cities Skylines - Modern City Center (seed :)) Empty Re: Cities Skylines - Modern City Center (seed :))

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Jan 2020, 16:38

somedude wrote:I downloaded about 500mb yesterday, but now it's showing 0 seeds / 1 peer (maybe that's me).

Hello,

I'll organize a re-seed later. But unless you intended to help seeding yourself (after getting the file) ... there is also a direct download of the item, in the announcement.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35731-cities-skylines-modern-city-center-out-now-and-a-merry-christmas

I thought about looking into seedbox services for G4TW, but then came to the conclusion it's not really worth it for a comparatively small platform like ours.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Cities Skylines - Modern City Center (seed :)) Empty Re: Cities Skylines - Modern City Center (seed :))

Post by grieralexander Wed 15 Jan 2020, 16:43

I am seeding throughout the day.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2020, 17:52

grieralexander wrote:I am seeding throughout the day.

Thanks guys. Good job!  Showing 2 seeders now. I have a relatively slow connection and already have a warning from my ISP, so I multi-hop through VPN. Probably not doing my speed any favors.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Jan 2020, 18:59

somedude wrote:Thanks guys. Good job!  Showing 2 seeders now. I have a relatively slow connection and already have a warning from my ISP, so I multi-hop through VPN. Probably not doing my speed any favors.

You are correct with your assessment. Multi-cascading VPNs will slow down your overall connection, and while it's a fancy feature with some modern VPNs, I don't think this is really necessary to do for torrenting purposes. There are usage scenarios for certain professions or situations, like certain journalistic work, but the average torrenter shouldn't need that feature at all.

Depending on where you live, connect to the most-nearby and 'torrenting friendly' country available in your VPN. For example if you live in North America, then DON'T (!!!) connect to Canada or the U.S. Instead connect to somewhere in Latin America. If you live in Europe, try connecting to Switzerland, Sweden or The Netherlands. If you live in Asia...not sure in that case, honestly. I heard though that (out of all countries) there, Singapore is good to connect to, for torrenting.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2020, 21:01

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
somedude wrote:Thanks guys. Good job!  Showing 2 seeders now. I have a relatively slow connection and already have a warning from my ISP, so I multi-hop through VPN. Probably not doing my speed any favors.

You are correct with your assessment. Multi-cascading VPNs will slow down your overall connection, and while it's a fancy feature with some modern VPNs, I don't think this is really necessary to do for torrenting purposes. There are usage scenarios for certain professions or situations, like certain journalistic work, but the average torrenter shouldn't need that feature at all.

Depending on where you live, connect to the most-nearby and 'torrenting friendly' country available in your VPN. For example if you live in North America, then DON'T (!!!) connect to Canada or the U.S. Instead connect to somewhere in Latin America. If you live in Europe, try connecting to Switzerland, Sweden or The Netherlands. If you live in Asia...not sure in that case, honestly. I heard though that (out of all countries) there, Singapore is good to connect to, for torrenting.

Thanks for the info. I'm in North America. I was pleasantly surprised it's already done and seeding currently. I don't know how long I can keep seeding, but as long as I'm not streaming I'll just just let it go. Was actually going through Singapore/Hong Kong. Got that VPN 'kill switch', so if it loses connection, I'll lose connection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2020, 11:31

Hi!  I am asking for the same....Can  someone seed  please?  Smile  Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Mar 2020, 18:27

Universali wrote:Hi!  I am asking for the same....Can  someone seed  please?  Smile  Thanks!

Hello @Universali and sorry for the slightly belated reply,

I've been busy the past few days, and I'm also 'compiling' some new hardware for my PC. So that's my excuse. duck!! danger! beware!!

If you want a re-seed, I shall summon @grieralexander and @Sim Architect to help out. However, we also have a direct download of this thing available, on the announcement, and the download list too. It would probably be faster and easier if you grabbed the direct download, but we can initiate a re-seed as well. Up to you.

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top