Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion Packs not owned after opening origin. Any ideas on how to fix? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion Packs not owned after opening origin. Any ideas on how to fix? [SOLVED] Empty Expansion Packs not owned after opening origin. Any ideas on how to fix? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2020, 04:27

Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this myself but I'm out of ideas for now.
I own the base game on origin and accidentally started installing it via origin. Didn't install it but cancelled it after a minute. (Note: The install location of that defaults to somewhere entirely different than where I have my G4TW version installed.)

However after that when I launched my G4TW version which has all the expansion packs, it said I didn't own any of them and only lets me play the base game. 
I've tried the following things:
1. Removing the sims 4 folder in documents and letting it create a new one. (the place where save games and mods are)
2. Redoing the latest G4TW update (tiny living) by doing the paste it all in the folder and replace files as per instructions.
3. Completely deleting the start of the base game installation.
4. Closing origin entirely and all it's tasks
(5.) I also looked in appdata,local, roaming folders but couldn't find an electronics arts or EA folder there so didn't remove anything.

Still no luck, wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do. I can't re download all of the older packs due to my internet. I've only got the 3 most recent currently downloaded so I can reinstall those ones but not the others.

Anyone have any ideas how to reset this and get all of the expansion packs registering again? I'm assuming the base game changed some files somewhere in a folder I don't know about. Any suggestion is welcome.

Back to top Go down

Expansion Packs not owned after opening origin. Any ideas on how to fix? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansion Packs not owned after opening origin. Any ideas on how to fix? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Feb 2020, 20:42

tiny123 wrote:Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this myself but I'm out of ideas for now.
I own the base game on origin and accidentally started installing it via origin. Didn't install it but cancelled it after a minute. (Note: The install location of that defaults to somewhere entirely different than where I have my G4TW version installed.)

However after that when I launched my G4TW version which has all the expansion packs, it said I didn't own any of them and only lets me play the base game. 
I've tried the following things:
1. Removing the sims 4 folder in documents and letting it create a new one. (the place where save games and mods are)
2. Redoing the latest G4TW update (tiny living) by doing the paste it all in the folder and replace files as per instructions.
3. Completely deleting the start of the base game installation.
4. Closing origin entirely and all it's tasks
(5.) I also looked in appdata,local, roaming folders but couldn't find an electronics arts or EA folder there so didn't remove anything.

Still no luck, wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do. I can't re download all of the older packs due to my internet. I've only got the 3 most recent currently downloaded so I can reinstall those ones but not the others.

Anyone have any ideas how to reset this and get all of the expansion packs registering again? I'm assuming the base game changed some files somewhere in a folder I don't know about. Any suggestion is welcome.

Hello @tiny123 and sorry for the slightly belated reply,

Is it new that the Origin game messes up cracked installations? If so, that change must have been introduced only recently. Either way, try using anadius's validator mentioned here and then copy-paste the validator log, in a follow-up reply on this Forum:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

Good luck for now! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Expansion Packs not owned after opening origin. Any ideas on how to fix? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansion Packs not owned after opening origin. Any ideas on how to fix? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2020, 22:08

Thanks for the reply, have given that a try. Yeah I have no doubt that origin messed it up, just trying to figure out how to undo the damage with the smallest amount of redownloading.

I'm not sure if its a new change, I remember in the past I was able to have both versions installed separately and be able to run the base game through origin without it touching my g4tw version.

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2020, 00:25

I'd like to edit solved into the title but I can't find any edit buttons  Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Feb 2020, 00:50

tiny123 wrote:I'd like to edit solved into the title but I can't find any edit buttons  Facepalm

That's OK, people are not supposed to edit their comments after submitting them. Solved and closed. Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top