Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue! Empty The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue!

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2020, 10:19

So my experience with downloading the sims 4 has always been a bumpy road. After I stopped playing in 2018 due to my internet provider sent me a notice of my illegal actions, I had decided to just get rid of the game and come back to it in the future. Now, 2 years later, I am still having issues. first, it was the stupid hello error, and now that I fixed that error I've been trying to load the game in but it stops right at the green plumbob when it does the spinning thing. it just freezes right there and I don't know what to do. I have been using the new method that has been created where I can download the base game and the dlcs individually so its very new to me. 

Here is the link where I downloaded the game:https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff?highlight=the+sims+4

I so far have downloaded University, Seasons, Get together, Parenthood, jungle adventure, laundry stuff, and tiny living. I do plan on downloading the rest of the DLC but my internet at the moment is very slow so I plan on going to my mom's house for faster download speed. Just to let you know, I have NO MODS/CC. I have been constantly deleting the sims 4 folder before I launch the game every time to start my game clean but it still doesn't work. 

I also forgot to mention that I am working with a 2012 MacBook Pro, which makes this a whole lot more complicated and annoying. I hope that nothing too drastic is causing my issues, or maybe my laptop is too old to run the sims 4 idk. At this point, i have run out of options and I am in dire need of help. Feel free to ask for more info! Thanks!

Here is the frozen loading screen that I am getting:
The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue! Screen10

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue! Empty Re: The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Feb 2020, 22:44

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Aqua1634,

I moved your topic to the "Mac Support" section. Next, did you delete your OLD "Game"-subfolder (the one included as part of the "Basegame FIXED"), before applying the Global Patch? That's pretty much the only major source of error one can do in the new format.

That aside, since you apparently use Mac, you have to utilize WineSkin:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34470-wineskin-wrapper-for-the-sims-4-introduction-basics
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35699-the-sims-4-discovery-university-for-mac-new-wrapper-anadius-fix

Please keep in mind that by default, G4TW's stuff is only intended to be used on Windows OS. We have a few scattered tutorials for Mac, but I'm afraid we cannot give any further Support on them.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

But I hope this will help you nonetheless, a bit!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue! Empty Re: The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue!

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2020, 22:49

Now that you mention it, I don't recall me deleting the game folder form the base game fixed file so maybe that could be the root of my issue. ill start a fresh wrapper and new files and ill post if my issue still persists.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Feb 2020, 22:56

Aqua1634 wrote:Now that you mention it, I don't recall me deleting the game folder form the base game fixed file so maybe that could be the root of my issue. ill start a fresh wrapper and new files and ill post if my issue still persists.

Please do. Also, check again the text guide and/or the video walkthrough. Another step in this process is that you actively have to use anadius's dlc-toggler, to 'activate' your DLCs, after you add these DLC folders to your installation of TS4.

Good luck again!

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2020, 23:03

Quick question: Do I have to open up the DLC toggle every time I want to play? or only when I've implemented the DLC files?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Feb 2020, 23:11

Aqua1634 wrote:Quick question: Do I have to open up the DLC toggle every time I want to play? or only when I've implemented the DLC files?

After you applied the Global Patch and added DLCs, you have to use the dlc-toggler only once. The only thing the DLC-toggler does, is to change lines in that codex.cfg / crack configuration file. I admit it's an arbitrary design choice I made on this end.

Note that future updates of the Global Patch will always have a codex.cfg with DLC entries "switched off", and you always have to re-check with your dlc-toggler, but again, only once. Until the next updates comes, rinse and repeat, etc.

The reason I did this was to respect the modular structure of the new format. Basegame FIXED => Global Patch [with DLCs de-activated], which will essentially function as a mere update to the base game.

If people want to go further, they have to add DLC folders, and as said actively make use/check back with the DLC-toggler.

I know this sounds complicated, but I hope I got the point across somewhat!

Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2020, 00:57

Ok so, I deleted the Old game file from the base game and added the global patch to the sims 4 folder and I haven't added any dlcs yet. I tried to launch the game just as is but i got this error:The Sims 4 version 1.60.54.1020 Loading screen issue! Screen11
    I then thought maybe I should start the game clean, so I deleted the sims 4 folder in the electronic arts folder and tried to launch the game but this time, the game launches for a second and then crashes on me.
    My hypothesis is probably when I was moving the patch into the existing sims 4 folder. it would ask me to either replace or merge or just ask me to replace and i would choose to replace instead of merge. I am going to try again and this time really be careful when i am adding the patch. 

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Feb 2020, 01:05

Your topic title here says you are dealing with patch version 1.60.54.1020. Are you positive that you grabbed the anadius-fix for that patch version? Smile  Look here again:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35699-the-sims-4-discovery-university-for-mac-new-wrapper-anadius-fix

The screenshot of your error is fixed (under Windows OS) by deleting the GameVersion.txt under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. When re-starting the game the next time, it should work. But in your case, I'm not entirely sure how you 'maneuvered' yourself into that position in the first place. Maybe you used the 1.61. anadius-fix, but in combination with the 1.60. Global Patch?

We released a new Global Patch in the meantime for 1.61.15.1020, but you (really) don't need to download that. Unless you absolutely want of course. It only adds a hottub to your game, along with some minor bug fixes.

Always use the version of the anadius-fix, that matches the game version of your Global Patch. elephant
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2020, 01:17

I went ahead and deleted the GameVersion.txt file to see if it would solve my issue but my game continues to crash. I would get one second of a black screen and then it crashes.
Could it be that I have messed up on the process of updating the game to the global patch? I might as well start from scratch. I do get confused about whether to merge or replace the two folders so maybe that's my problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Feb 2020, 01:21

Aqua1634 wrote:I went ahead and deleted the GameVersion.txt file to see if it would solve my issue but my game continues to crash. I would get one second of a black screen and then it crashes.
Could it be that I have messed up on the process of updating the game to the global patch? I might as well start from scratch. I do get confused about whether to merge or replace the two folders so maybe that's my problem.

You need to replace all existing files, when you apply the Global Patch. The folders will kind of merge automatically when you do that. The wording seems to be different (and more confusing in my opinion), than on Windows OS. But if you choose "replace all" or whatever it says on your end in terms of the same meaning, then you should be fine.

Keep in mind that the Global Patches here contain the No-Origin files from CODEX, which do not work on Mac OS. You have to use anadius's fixes for that.

Other than that I'm afraid I cannot help much more with that. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2020, 01:32

Thank you so much for trying to help me out I really appreciate it.

At this point, I want to try the all in one pack that I was reading about on the forum. Maybe ill have better luck with that one. I'll keep you posted if I have found a solution or need a little more help  Oh my...
Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top