Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on PC please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice on PC please. Empty Advice on PC please.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2020, 05:54

I just bought this PC I’m not a gamer I just want to play the sims 4. I have every expansion and mods will this be able to run it well? I was using a laptop and this processor and memory I know are an upgrade but I’m hoping this graphics card is ok?
Advice on PC please. D4466010

Back to top Go down

Advice on PC please. Empty Re: Advice on PC please.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2020, 06:27

Hello again,

The specs that show up under the "Description" in your screenshot are OK. According to the official list of supported graphics cards for TS4, that card fulfills the recommended requirements.

RAM and CPU are also OK in my opinion.

The 500W Power Supply might be tight, if at a later point you want to buy upgrades for that PC (especially a new graphics card or CPU). But if you say you just want to play TS4, then that's more than OK.

You're fine with that PC I would say. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2020, 07:09

Tysm 🥰

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Mar 2020, 20:48

Kays01104 wrote:Tysm 🥰

Something else, that isn't directly related to your concern, but I thought I mention it here as well. Contrary to popular opinion (and yes, there were times in which I myself believed it too) ... custom-built PCs are usually NOT cheaper than comparable or the same pre-built machines.

I myself built a cheap-ish desktop PC back then, which in the meantime I upgraded again with various new parts. The advantages of custom-built PCs lie mainly with individual - and usually better - warranties for each of the components, as well as with the (theoretical) ability to customize the PC in such a way as to be better prepared for future upgrades, and to create a system that is well-balanced in general.

But in terms of mere price ... had I chosen to go for a comparable pre-built system, the overall price wouldn't have been much different.

Either way, pre-built PCs almost always have one or more weaknesses that either create an un-balanced system, such as a strong CPU + a weak GPU, or vice versa. Or they have a small PC case. Or a weak power-supply. Et cetera. These shortcomings oftentimes make it hard and/or economically nonviable to purchase and install upgrades. Simple things like installing a new hard-drive are normally OK. But try fitting e.g. a strong graphics card, which are usually long in terms of size, into an average pre-built PC. Not even taking into account whether the power-supply is able to handle the new graphics card.

If anybody is not feeling confident/knowledgeable enough to do your own custom-PC then just go for a pre-built, like the OP here. But if you want to learn or are knowledgeable enough, then you'll definitely want to build something yourselves.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top