Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[MAC] Updating the base game from v1.00.002432 ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[MAC] Updating the base game from v1.00.002432 ? Empty [MAC] Updating the base game from v1.00.002432 ?

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2020, 09:55

Hello everyone,

I tried following the Mac installation guide found in the official guides list on G4TW. I cannot post external links as my account is new.
This guide did not mention needing separate update files, only to install the base game, then expansion packs in order, then the crack.

The installed base game version is v1.00.002432 .
However, once I got to installing expansion packs (I skipped World Adventures and started with high-end loft stuffs).
 The installation went on for a bit, then it said the expansion was incompatible, then the installation aborted itself (without installing).

I looked around and found an .exe file that looks like it could be an updater. Any ideas how to apply it on a Mac computer?

Thank you Very Happy

//EDIT

**it says the version is not updatable

//EDIT

Update: Today I tried to apply both the "ultimate fix" and "manual fix".
I finally was able to install the expansions. However, once I tried launching the game, a pop-up of "into the future" appeared saying "an unknown error occurred".

Ps. If this post should not be here, please feel free to delete it. Thank you.

Gatekeeper Edit: moved to "Mac Support".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

[MAC] Updating the base game from v1.00.002432 ? Empty Re: [MAC] Updating the base game from v1.00.002432 ?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Mar 2020, 23:07

Hello again and sorry for the belated reply,

There is a small subforum on here named "Mac OS Tutorials", and I found this here, maybe it helps you:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t5363-fix-for-unknown-error-occurred

Unfortunately we cannot give any official Mac-Support anymore these days, so that's all I can say ... Why.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

[MAC] Updating the base game from v1.00.002432 ? Empty Re: [MAC] Updating the base game from v1.00.002432 ?

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2020, 23:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello again and sorry for the belated reply,

There is a small subforum on here named "Mac OS Tutorials", and I found this here, maybe it helps you:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t5363-fix-for-unknown-error-occurred

Unfortunately we cannot give any official Mac-Support anymore these days, so that's all I can say ...  Why.

Hello again!
No problem. I understand that your area of expertise is Windows. 
Thank you so much for going through the trouble of finding the post for me. 
I will definitely try it in the morning. 
Take care Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top