Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4 Must-Read Surplus posts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4 Must-Read Surplus posts. Empty Re: TS4 Must-Read Surplus posts.

Post by Sim Architect Sun 17 Nov 2019, 19:23

Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake.

Thank you so much for sharing my repack here! I am VERY glad that you find it useful!

Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

TS4 Must-Read Surplus posts. Empty TS4 Must-Read Surplus posts.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Dec 2019, 01:20

Sim Architect wrote:I am VERY glad that you find it useful!

Of course there are people (I don't necessarily want to call them 'haters' though), who are lamenting the size of the All-In-One. People should know  by now  that whenever we make design "decisions" on here, it's never random. There is always an idea behind it, even if one may not agree in the end with it.

In this case, the reason we've come up with this idea of creating a torrent directly from the TS4 install folders is because people will be able to download individual components of the AIO, and not an entire .iso file or some other gigantic pack with compressed installers. Yes, this format is more prone to antivirus interference, and yes, it will take longer to fully download it.

Still: this feature of checking only certain parts of the download (in the torrent preview, when you load up the magnet link) will come in handy a bit later on maybe, we'll see. Please understand that I won't give out more information at this point.

Someone probably is going to ask now about a direct download format of this, and my response is that it would just get taken down in no time. Sure, a direct download version of such a "Sims 4 file repository" would be - much! - easier to use, but in practice that is not really viable to do.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top