Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Store Content Installation Failed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Store Content Installation Failed. Empty Sims 3 Store Content Installation Failed.

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 13:40

Hello there. I've been searching the forums for the fix for this kind of problem in the Sims 3 Launcher. Sad to say, my eyes almost bulged but I can't find any solution to this. Everytime I install the JazzAgeFullSet and other sets like the OlypianPhysiqueSet, I get the Installation Failed. Please make sure your games has the latest software updates and try again. Other sets and CCs installed just fine but these guys.

For further information, I have all the EPs and SPs. My game has the latest 1.33 update. Btw, I used your ultimate fix to update the game. And all the store content are downloaded from your mediafire downloads. Thank you for the downloads and the fix Awesome Emote

Please help me with this Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Store Content Installation Failed. Empty Re: Sims 3 Store Content Installation Failed.

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 15:29

Take a looky here:http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,20684.msg579181.html#msg579181
Then this: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473
You should defrag the files & then install them. Although it doesn't work for me, as they appear installed in launcher but i can't find anything in the game.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Store Content Installation Failed. Empty Re: Sims 3 Store Content Installation Failed.

Post by Admin Wed 23 May 2012, 18:24

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 23 May 2012, 20:29

Mera wrote:Take a looky here:http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,20684.msg579181.html#msg579181
Then this: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473
You should defrag the files & then install them. Although it doesn't work for me, as they appear installed in launcher but i can't find anything in the game.

Hello,

This'll do it for "crapified" (encrypted) files, I've used it a number of times, successfully. This particular install error is caused by trying to install encrypted files. With these 2 programs, you'll decrapify them and they'll install fine.
If your items appear to install, but don't show up in game, Admin's link should be of help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 03:22

I already tried this one Mr. Admin. Thanks anyway Smile

I'll try the one Mera gave. Will get back here for the result Smile

//EDIT

Uhm guys.. it didn't work. I downloaded the Compressorizer Redux, followed the instructions, and installed the sets in the launcher but the same problem shows. i'm about to go crazy over this.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 24 May 2012, 08:54

Hello,

I'll tell you exactly what to do.
You need decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe.
Both of these need to be placed in the same folder as the sims3packs you wish to decrapify.
I'd recommend placing the sims3packs you want to decrapify in a separate folder with both of these tools. They need to be in the same folder or it doesn't work.
Select the sims3packs and drag them onto decrapify.exe. a dosbox will appear. Wait for it to finish. You'll know it worked if the "date modified" on the sims3packs has changed. When it's finished, drag all of them onto s3rc.exe.
Another dosbox appears. When finished, you're done and you can put them in the downloadsfolder and attempt to install them again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 07:03

Ms. Lady.. it didn't work. I don't understand why I can't install it. By the way, I downloaded the sets from your download site. In one of the posts, you even said that they are already decrapified, so I don't get why it happens. -sigh- I checked my downloads to make sure they aren't corrupt or anything. But they seem to be okay. Anyway, I found a .package file of the jazzagefullset. LOL. I think package files suit me more.

Thank you so much for your help:) I really appreciate it, though I feel bad coz your solutions didn't work for me. I feel like I used your time for no reason... sorry..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 25 May 2012, 09:22

Hello,

No problem, we're here to help so our time is never wasted Smile
Sometimes you'll get an install error for no good reason, The Sims 3 is buggy like that.
Anyway, you can try to make packages out of the other sims3packs as well. The easiest way is to use this tool and place the resulting packages in your mods\packages folder.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top