Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store fixes and store content installation.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store fixes and store content installation. Empty Store fixes and store content installation.

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2019, 13:10

Hey just having abit of trouble installing the store content and limited edition stuffs the videos i have watched seem simple but the links are all messed up and just confusing me abit someone please help <3

Back to top Go down

Store fixes and store content installation. Empty Re: Store fixes and store content installation.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Apr 2019, 15:57

TentacleTh3Rapist420 wrote:Hey just having abit of trouble installing the store content and limited edition stuffs the videos i have watched seem simple but the links are all messed up and just confusing me abit someone please help <3

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

We don't have any official video walkthroughs about that topic, or at least not as far as I know. So I guess you are talking about videos from another source, the usefulness of which we cannot verify (we specialize on our own stuff/releases, on G4TW).

Also, which links are messed up? On the Forum here? I think you mean the adverts, which we use on most links here. You need to click on "Discover interesting articles", which will bring up another intermediary window. You click on the "x" in the top right corner, then. I don't know if you have to de-activate your adblocker for that to work, feel free to try yourself.

After doing so, click on "Continue" (sometimes displayed as "Weiter"), wait the 15 seconds or so, then click "Continue to Website" ("Weiter zur Website"). I've noticed that lately the advertising agency are making it more cumbersome to progress through this. I could now pretend to "apologize", but I don't think I will. Smile  The revenue that we generate from these ads is necessary for maintaining the Forum and related websites. In the event you are talking about different store items, please clarify.

Most store items are .sims3pack files, which you put under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads. Then you open up your Sims 3 launcher, navigate under the tab "Downloads", tick the boxes next to the items that show up there, and finally click the "install"-button. Note that you should only install .sims3pack files in smaller batches, using that method (about 200-300 Megabytes worth of store items, in one go). If you wish to speed up the process, use a third-party tool like CC Magic.

As for the store fixes, the ones available from G4TW here actually have detailed instructions included. But again, if you have a more specific issue, then feel free to clarify again. Good luck for now!

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Store fixes and store content installation. Empty Re: Store fixes and store content installation.

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2019, 00:48

It was some videos on youtube that had the messed up links i'm not that great at modding and just wanted to know where to put those files if the picture didn't come up will put it again on this reply as for the ads i understand its for maintaining my friend has to on their website too but the issue i had mainly was installing the packs and not knowing where to put them if you can help with that would be amazing Smile

Back to top Go down

Store fixes and store content installation. Empty files

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2019, 00:50

Where to put these files Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2019, 00:51

Store fixes and store content installation. Dd10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Apr 2019, 15:52

Is this the store compilation from Sim Architect, and if so, do you know if there is any information on the release date of this thing? Because I remember an earlier version had an error with the worlds, but everything else was fine.

The big .package files, you have to treat them as "mods" basically. Google for "Sims 3 mod framework" or alternatively download the G4TW guide here, in .pdf file format.
https://goo.gl/eZJIYp

You have to setup the mod framework according to these instructions, and then insert these big .package files, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 03:44

It is sims architect i got it from the 2016 install quide video on youtube but that's the one with the messed up links because people have removed what the video links i tried putting the package files for year 1 to year 5 the updates with folders has the sims custom content  will put pictures but they didn't install for frameworks i just copy and pasted into my mods folder please tell me if i did something wrong Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 03:48

Store fixes and store content installation. H10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 03:50

Store fixes and store content installation. Hh11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 03:51

Store fixes and store content installation. Ht10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 03:52

I'm wondering if i should have the premium content file where the other package files are ment to be have copied over the framework files though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 11:39

I have managed to install most of the stuff i wanted but not all still stuck on where to put the year 1 to year 5 files and do i put the neighborhoods and buildings in mods/packages or do i put them in downloads in documents thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 11:41

Store fixes and store content installation. 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 13:29

Ok so installed the worlds and all the buildings and such just put worlds in downloads and buildings in library but i'm still stuck on where to put the year 1 to year 5 updates and the premium content collection have looked on other forums and been at it for over 5 hours haha thank you again for helping Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 13:43

Store fixes and store content installation. Captur10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Apr 2019, 18:07

TentacleTh3Rapist420 wrote:Store fixes and store content installation. Captur10

Note that Sim Architect maintains a few of his own Sims-related torrents, so they may differ from G4TW's stuff. 

However, the items that you marked in that screenshot I quoted, also go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. As for the "Premium Content Stuff", I don't know what it looks like with Sim Architect's torrent, so you'll have to show us another screenshot or describe in words what that stuff looks like.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2019, 05:30

Store fixes and store content installation. Captur11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2019, 05:32

Figured it out with hours of reaserch Smile but saw something that helped in a forum but some dupications but not alot and everything works Smile my lifes complete i have all store items Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2019, 05:33

Also seems the year 1 to year 5 updates don't work?? I just downloaded the complete store here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Apr 2019, 15:39

TentacleTh3Rapist420 wrote:Also seems the year 1 to year 5 updates don't work?? I just downloaded the complete store here Smile

What does not work? Are you still talking about the torrent from Sim Architect, or about the Games4theworld torrent?

Note that just because you don't get the names of these .package files in the popup when the game starts ("mod packages found": insert list here), it doesn't mean they are not present. Please check your actual build-/buymode catalog, if you haven't done so already. If you did everything correctly, you should find a lot of new items in your catalog.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2019, 18:21

I'm talking about the Sim Architech updates they dont seem to work everything in the games4theworld works perfectly Smile i checked in the buy mode everytime i changed something a way for me to know if it worked or not the only popup i get ingame is for the StoreITEMS_part1 to 5 from games4theworld Smile the only problem i have is it still fetures the items i already have making 2 versions 1 with a blue shopping cart by the looks of it and another with the store symbol and another thats the item showing it in the store to purchase

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2019, 18:22

was wondering if i did this correct i haven't checked the worlds yet but said it installed them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2019, 08:47

TentacleTh3Rapist420 wrote:I'm talking about the Sim Architech updates they dont seem to work everything in the games4theworld works perfectly Smile i checked in the buy mode everytime i changed something a way for me to know if it worked or not the only popup i get ingame is for the StoreITEMS_part1 to 5 from games4theworld Smile the only problem i have is it still fetures the items i already have making 2 versions 1 with a blue shopping cart by the looks of it and another with the store symbol and another thats the item showing it in the store to purchase

Hi, u can disable the "Duplicate" by going into options and untick the "Shop mode" this will remove the (gold) item (shop items)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top