Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Empty The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 09:37

First topic message reminder :

i've been trying to install these. i was only successful with the base and even then, the fix wasn't working for me. then you came out with detailed instructions for mac to install LN. so, i installed that. and now, even after that, the fix doesn't work for me.

whether i update the game or not, it still ends up being unable to start. when i didnt update the game and applied the fix, the error was the same as the ones above but if i ignore it, it'll still end up at unable to start game.

what am i doing wrong?

Admin edit: All The Sims 3 MAC problems merged to this topic, so we can all discuss them together.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Guest Mon 14 Feb 2011, 18:10

Yes I would definitely add them bc it was a HUGE help. The updater seems like it just updates your most recent game. A lot of people on EA's website said the same.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Admin Tue 15 Feb 2011, 19:05

keljen wrote:Yes I would definitely add them bc it was a HUGE help. The updater seems like it just updates your most recent game. A lot of people on EA's website said the same.
Hello,

Can you please link me to the patches (MAC compatible) through PM? Thanks in advance.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Feb 2011, 21:25

Hello! I need help please, I've been trying to install this for a couple days and it's not working, and it seems like no matter what I try I always end up dead-end-ing in the same error:

Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

I keep getting that error when I try to start the game. I downloaded everything from here, unzipped with the supplied version of stuffit. I created a disk image from the rar folder that was unzipped and installed, and installations went off without a hitch. I did do one thing differently than suggested, and that was to manually patch each download as I installed it, meaning I went to the mod the sims website and downloaded the latest patch for each expansion [base game, adventures, loft, ambitions, latenight, and outdoor - well, there wasn't a patch for outdoor so not that one], and then installed the cracks in the #crack folder of the mac fix to the /bin directories of the respective expansions. I have little snitch, so I was blocking the internet access of the game, and when I went to start it it launched, the screen went black for a couple seconds, then that error pops up. I've tried starting it from each expansion pack with no luck, and I've tried letting it connect to the internet as well, but that just ends up giving me the "You are playing a non-final, non-authorised copy of the Sims 3". It still lets me launch, but the launch always ends in this error. I even went back and put in the first set of cracks supplied in the fix to see if I was missing an update, but it said everything was up to date [this was with the little snitch disabled, so I know it was connecting].
I know that it's been brought up before but I didn't see a fix for it, so here I am. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, but no luck.

I have a macbook pro osx 10.5.8, and the game version that's installed is: 7.0.55.010001

Another thing of note, when I'm in the launcher, where all the little expansion packs are lit up, World Adventures isn't lit even though I have it installed. I'm not sure why this is or if it's actually affecting anything within the game, but I figured any info would help.
Last night, I tried to install just The Sims 3 + WA or Ambitions [one of the two, I THINK ambitions] and it gave me the same error. I HAVE had a cracked version installed in the past, quite some time ago, but I deleted all of the files associated, including the library/preferences file and the /documents file, or wherever that second one is. So I really have no idea what to do at this point, and am hoping I didn't waste my time with this whole process -.-

I also had another question - is your method applicable to pretty much any sims3 download out there [given that it's a good download], or does it only work with the game dl's off your site? I ask because I saw another file for all of the expansions, but much smaller because they'd removed the internal updates and about halved the size, which would be great since I'm running out of space, and this game takes up TONS. Plus, I could try that download which would probably be a lot faster.

Last edited by teknicolor on Thu 17 Feb 2011, 01:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011, 08:20

Hello! I'm trying to run the installer for The Sims 3 base game. I've followed the guide to the letter, I've done everything it said, but for some reason when I open the .iso and the virtual disk that pops up, I get a bunch of files and no installer. Any idea what I might have done wrong or what I can do to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011, 21:21

Hello! I need help please, I've been trying to install this for a couple days and it's not working, and it seems like no matter what I try I always end up dead-end-ing in the same error:

I have been having exactly the same problem...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2011, 10:46

Total noob so sorry about the dumb question.
So I followed the steps to install The Sims 3, then I launch the game
The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Screenshot20110319at441

And press the Start buttony thingy, then after a butt long wait, I get this:

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Screenshot20110319at349

And I put in the same code I got from the serial crack that I used during the install, yet it won't work. It said to re-enter the code again and again. How do I get it to run?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 19 Mar 2011, 11:07

peachbot wrote:Total noob so sorry about the dumb question.
So I followed the steps to install The Sims 3, then I launch the game
The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Screenshot20110319at441

And press the Start buttony thingy, then after a butt long wait, I get this:

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Screenshot20110319at349

And I put in the same code I got from the serial crack that I used during the install, yet it won't work. It said to re-enter the code again and again. How do I get it to run?
Hello,

I don't know anything about Mac's, but this problem is caused by a wrong placed Crack. Please re-do the last steps here: http://games4theworld.org/index_files/Torrent%20files/The%20Sims%203%20MAC%20Guide.pdf
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2011, 18:26

Thanks, didn't realize the TS3.exe file needed to be replaced (thought seeing as how it's a Mac the exe is pointless here, whoops). But then comes this:
The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Screenshot20110319at112

I've tried repairing the disk permission, and repair disk, and nada. Still the error thingy. Help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 19 Mar 2011, 22:38

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 14:31

Thank you very much for the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 20 Mar 2011, 20:43

peachbot wrote:Thank you very much for the help.
Hello,

It works now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 13:16

Well this is one hell of an epic thread, while i have been making the .dmg i have read through the whole thing. . . intense

As i said im just creating the .dmg now (which is giving me a bit of hassle, for some reason sometimes my disk utility will just not complete the process and will get stuck on the final 'Copying' stage)
Although it worked once before but i had used a different expander therefore when i mounted it the launcher didn't work (stupid me, always read the thread before you try anything. . .). So im sure if i just keep trying/ restarting it will eventually create it!
Anyhows, im using a iMac OS X 10.6.6, Also i have already downloaded and successfully installed Sims 3 + Late Night (although they were not your torrents) and am now trying to install your Ambitions, so once this thing finally make this damn .dmg, i will let you know how it all goes!

EDIT - Okay, so it finally done me my .dmg, mounted it, installed it, downloaded your fix (usually i would just grab them from GCW, but for the sake of the test i used yours). And bam, everything is smooth as a whistle works lovely, I opened it up, no error messages, checked buy mode and had all the new items for ambitions, would play it more but I gotta shoot off to uni, but im sure its going to be great!
Cheers all involved for this!!! Excellent work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2011, 17:02

Hello.
The crack is only .exe, how can I make it a .dmg? When I install the sims 3 it asks me for a serial, but the crack opens as a txt file. and it's in the right folder.
sorry if my english is bad
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 09 Apr 2011, 17:03

applefan wrote:Hello.
The crack is only .exe, how can I make it a .dmg? When I install the sims 3 it asks me for a serial, but the crack opens as a txt file. and it's in the right folder.
sorry if my english is bad
Thanks
Hello,

Please read our The Sims 3 installation on a Mac guide on www.games4theworld.org under "All our Downloads".
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2011, 15:38

*Updated*
All the torrents I used are from Games4TheWorld

I've been trying to install the game for 3 days straight and I always get the same error.

Backers wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me. I still get the Service Initialization Fail. Even after I used your version of Stuffitexpander. I really don't get what I'm doing wrong here...

Same here for me too. I manage to install without any problems after extracting with StuffIt.

However when I click the play button, I also get the

Unable to start game
Service Initialization Fail 0x039e8474
message.

Last edited by scruppei on Mon 11 Apr 2011, 05:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2011, 03:01

Hi Dale,

I downloaded The Sims 3.rar torrent from G4TW, and followed yorur guide, The Sims 3 MAC Guide, exactly. I also opened the rar file with your version of StuffIt.

At step 4, after combining the 2 .iso files together, I did manage to produce a Sims3.iso

However when I opened it, it didn't show me a The Sims 3 Installer icon as shown in your guide.

This is what I got instead.

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 4 Screen11

I tried it thrice and it gets me the same results. Any ideas?

***EDIT:***
1. I managed to get the proper file. Turns out that I didn't wait the the Sim3.iso to finish compiling.
2. But now I have another problem. The Serial.exe provided is a EXE file, how do I open it or where do I get the serial number?
Transferred Serial.exe file to a PC computer to generate.

Last edited by scruppei on Mon 11 Apr 2011, 04:59; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : solved)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2011, 04:48

scruppei wrote:I've been trying to install the game for 3 days straight and I always get the same error.

Backers wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me. I still get the Service Initialization Fail. Even after I used your version of Stuffitexpander. I really don't get what I'm doing wrong here...

Same here for me too. I manage to install without any problems after extracting with StuffIt.

Unable to start game
message.

Yeah, I keep having the same problem too:

Unable to start game

And mine version is already up to date at 7.0.55.010001 , tried to completely delete and re-install but nothing work out for me, please help me too No

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 11 Apr 2011, 15:49

pmt0512 wrote:
scruppei wrote:I've been trying to install the game for 3 days straight and I always get the same error.

Unable to start game
message.

Yeah, I keep having the same problem too:

Unable to start game

And mine version is already up to date at 7.0.55.010001 , tried to completely delete and re-install but nothing work out for me, please help me too No
Hello,

Please try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2011, 15:55

This was what I used actually, I did use the latest fix on mine and it still give me the initialization error though, dont know why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 04:58

Yes I used it already. I followed your mac installation guide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011, 05:47

I tried this couple times, even re-download the fix package for Mac yesterday and re-try but non work out for me, can you please help me with this error initialization please. Thanks a lot Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011, 15:50

Hi Sad I'm a MBP user and I had met with problems with the Sims 3. I have gotten the "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039c8474)" error, just like some of you here.

I have installed:
- Sims 3 base game
- Late Night
- Ambition
- Fast Lane Stuffs
- Outdoor Living Stuffs
- High End Loft Stuffs

in this particular order.
I've did everything to the dot, following the mac guide and using the latest fix for mac that is updated on 8/2/11.

After I added the first around cracks, it said to update the sims3 but the update box said that it is up-to-date, so I quitted the sims 3 launcher and did the second round of adding the cracks from the #cracks folder.

I had downloaded all the torrents from you, half from TPB and half from KAT.
I can't seem to see what I have did wrong, because I strictly followed the guide.
I love your torrents and good support with guides and everything, but I am rather sad to be met with this problem. :'( Help please Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2011, 19:31

Yes, someone please help us with this error of initialization please, I can't get through it no matter how many time I re-install and using the latest fix. Please please help us : Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2011, 00:44

hej there...
i always get stuck on my disk utility failing to complete the .dmg for the expansions (tried late night and outdoor living stuff so far) -
now apparently the idea is just to keep retrying, but it takes forever, and i've already spent hours and hours waiting without results...
is it possible that someone could just send me their .dmgs? does that actually work if they're not mine? or is there any way around it?
... following the installation guide, i can't really do anything with the baseic game if i can't get the expansions to work, right?!
many thanks in advance,
sof*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2011, 04:11

Is anyone working on it? Doesn't seem to be getting any response from the developers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 20 Apr 2011, 13:11

scruppei wrote:Is anyone working on it? Doesn't seem to be getting any response from the developers...
Hello,

Well, I really would like to help you, but I don't know anything about Mac's. Our Mac developers are offline for a while, I don't know what happened to them...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Apr 2011, 14:07

So sorry, I forgot about this place along with being busy doing other things..
But if anyone has any problems from now on in, I'll try and assist you with them Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top