Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registry Helper.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Registry Helper.  - Page 2 Empty Registry Helper.

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 10:10

First topic message reminder :

DO NOT RESTORE BACKED UP REGISTRIES FROM VERSIONS PREVIOUS TO 2.1

Registry Helper.  - Page 2 Main10
1 - Click the spoiler below

Spoiler:

- Click the spoiler below
Spoiler:

- Click the spoiler below
Spoiler:

If you do not have an expansion/stuff pack installed you SHOULD have a red X beside it. If you do not have a red X and the expansion is not installed, click on that expansion then click on "Delete All Values" (only works if running as admin).

Issues it may solve for you:
(click the white box)
Spoiler:

There are many other errors that can be fixed by this, but those are the most common in my experience. The program does do some error checking - such as the paths for the Install Dir and ExePath, or the SKU - though ultimately it takes your input and plugs it into the registry. There are two methods available for updating the registry; you can opt to click the "Fix" button to plug the values into the registry directly, or you can click the "Export .reg file" so you can view what, exactly, will be changed before importing the information. Using this you can even reinstall Windows without having to reinstall all of the games. The values inserted by default are values that work on my machine, they may or may not work for you - I suspect as long as the Install Dir, ExePath and Product ID are good for your installation, the other values wouldn't matter much.

Reporting a problem:
Problems with software is similar to going to a doctor. If you go into your doctor's office and he/she asks you "What are your symptoms?" .. and you say "it just doesn't work" how well do you think the doctor is going to be able to make any diagnosis? It's the same thing. The more information you give me, the more I can help. Click the spoiler header below and give me all information you can.

Spoiler:

Current Version: 2.1
Download link

Change Log:
Spoiler:

Note for Symantec ("Norton") Antivirus users. (Click the white box and prepare for rant)
Spoiler:

Mod edit: download link fixed & topic re-opened.

- Carlos

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 23:02; edited 41 times in total (Reason for editing : 2.1)

Back to top Go down

Registry Helper.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Registry Helper.

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 04:10

I'm talking about Windows Vista Home Premium x86 Service Pack 2 and .Net frameworks 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 04:13

The less information you give me, the less I can help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 04:16

This is the only message i get when i try to run it [TS3] Registry Helper has stopped working. try running as admin and without

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 07:04

Use this one, it will create a crash.log file that you can copy/paste. http://www.filedropper.com/ts3registryhelper_2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 18:19

Here is the crash report that came up

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _TS3__Registry_Helper.Form1.KeyValue(String key)
at _TS3__Registry_Helper.Form1.PopExps()
at _TS3__Registry_Helper.Form1..ctor()
at _TS3__Registry_Helper.Program.Main()

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 21:09

That's not all of the information in the crash.log file, though it looks to be an issue with your setup as the object it's referring to is checked to see if it is set to an instance some 20 lines prior to it being used -- and if it's not set to an instance of an object it jumps to another area of the program that populates all of the expansions without registry information. So, in short.. you should not be getting that error from that function call. But then again, without all of the information I can only make assumptions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 22:00

That is everything in the crash log.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 13:35

Hi,

Sims3 including expansion packs was working until we tried to install Seasons yesterday. Things went from bad to worse and in the end I uninstalled the base game and all the expansions using Your uninstaller- super as suggested here on the site.

I re-installed the base game, and expansion packs Generations and Seasons this morning,

Applied the update and the Ultimate fix, want to start the game and get Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Check the dates on the TS3W.exe and dll file, they have both the modification date of 1 November 2012 and they are both installed in C\Program Files\electronic arts\the sims 3\game\bin

Used your Registry Helper tool, Sims3, Generations and Season all look sok, but when I press fix I get the following error message: There was an error setting registry values: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value

Any ideas, hope you can help
Catcatia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:16

I haven't seen that error myself, though on a guess I'd say it could be one of the CD keys being blank. You can put any value in for the CD key - it doesn't matter (as you can see in the screenshots, I put "SADF" or "ASDF" as mine). If that doesn't fix the error look for any value that is blank and put something in it (really only two values can possibly be blank using this tool - the CD key and the install dir .. and if an install dir is blank it needs to be fixed). If that doesn't fix it let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:22

I looked at the install dir and the CD key an they both have values.
Install Dir C:\Program Files\Electronic Art\The Sims 3
CD Key: Key I used to install the game

same for both the expansion packs.

I any other ideas?
Catcatia

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:38

Hello,

Those screenshots are on the first page, click the yellow boxes to see them.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:54

Yes sorry I found them:

I looked at the install dir and the CD key an they both have values.
Install Dir C:\Program Files\Electronic Art\The Sims 3
CD Key: Key I used to install the game

same for both the expansion packs.

I any other ideas?
Catcatia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 07:54

Reviewing your original post, if it was all ok (indicating to me that there was nothing to fix) why push the fix button? Am I misunderstanding you there or did something need to be fixed? Maybe you're thinking the "Fix" button will fix issues that aren't displayed - that's not the case with this tool, if there is anything that should be fixed it'll tell you and let you fix it (even if by "fixing" you set incorrect values). Not to draw attention away from the error in the tool - I'd rather resolve your issue then worry about the tool - if there's nothing to be fixed, then there's no reason to click the Fix button. However, if there is something that needs to be fixed I might be able to whip up a quick work-around for you to use while I look into this a bit deeper.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 11 Jan 2013, 07:59

hexorcist wrote:Reviewing your original post, if it was all ok (indicating to me that there was nothing to fix) why push the fix button? Am I misunderstanding you there or did something need to be fixed? Maybe you're thinking the "Fix" button will fix issues that aren't displayed - that's not the case with this tool, if there is anything that should be fixed it'll tell you and let you fix it (even if by "fixing" you set incorrect values). Not to draw attention away from the error in the tool - I'd rather resolve your issue then worry about the tool - if there's nothing to be fixed, then there's no reason to click the Fix button. However, if there is something that needs to be fixed I might be able to whip up a quick work-around for you to use while I look into this a bit deeper.

Here's the topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9596-unable-to-start-game-service-initalization-failed-0x0175dcbb
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 08:01

Was copied and pasted here also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 08:19

Yes you are right, there was nothing to fix and I did press the fix button.

Still stuck with the ''Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) error.

Catcatia

//EDIT

One other thing prob more related to another bug in the tool, when I click on World Adventures, that I have not installed now (but used to have) I get this error - message - see attached screenshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 08:22

Can you do me a favor? This will help me fix your issue, and potentially figure out what the issue is in the tool - if you would be so kind.

// edit: thread progressed without needing the info here

Last edited by hexorcist on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 08:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 08:23

Can't upload the screenshot get error message saying: Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 08:23

Meet me in chat please? We're posting at the same time and I think I know what the issue is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 08:27

ahh,hh, new here where do I find chat Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 08:28

Go to the main page and you'll see the chat box at the top. Click the "log in" button on top of the chat box Smile

Edit: Fixed via chat. Invalid registry keys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 13:17

2.1 bump

Back to top Go down

Registry Helper.  - Page 2 Empty FIXED

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 01:01

FIXED IT
Hello, i've been having troubles. Currently i have been trying to get rid of non-existent expansions, but it seems to be failing. I click the "Delete all Values" button but it does nothing (as far as i can tell) and the exclamation point is still there, i can provide additional info if needed.
EDIT: the non installed mods have an install path of a long deleted folder that i guess once had some of them in it
DOUBLE EDIT ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SKY: I Fixed the problem, after taking a look into the regedit it seems a couple folders had escape my grasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:07

Your issue sounds like it could be black box related, though it should ask if you want to delete values that are not valid when you run it as admin. If you click "No" to that, then the issue you mention will not go away - as you're indicating it didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 18:19

I'm having the same problem with Registry Helper.

I was having "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" error. I read a similar post and it was suggested to use RegHelper.

I have already tried Manual Update and Ultimate Fix.

Registry Helper ran once. Then it crashed and a window popped saying Windows was trying to figure out the problem.

I'm running Windows 7 32bit.

I tried running RegHelp in compatibility mode and run it as administrator but it didn't work.

Everytime I open it, it instantly crashes and adds some comment on crash.txt, which was created by the program in the same folder.
I deleted crash.txt once, right now this is all the info in the .txt:

Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.

em _TS3__Registry_Helper.Form1.KeyValue(String key)
em _TS3__Registry_Helper.Form1.PopExps()
em _TS3__Registry_Helper.Form1..ctor()
em _TS3__Registry_Helper.Program.Main()

The first line is in portuguese, but it's the same as "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

This is it. If there's any more information I should provide please let me know.

//EDIT

I made a clean install of Base Game and 70,80.. Stuff Pack.
I opened
RegHelp without problems but it insists on asking me to delete 70,80..
key because the game is not installed. It is, but on D: drive, not C:,
just like base game. I redirected the game folder to D:... on RegHelp,
then the red X disappears but it asks me if I want to delete the key on
the registry again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 20:53

It's asking you to delete that one because it's not valid. It's not the same as what it's reading for the information for any expansions that you have - installed or not. Here's an example of what I mean:

If these keys are valid in your registry:
HKLM\Software\The Sims 3 70s 80s & 90s Stuff
HKLM\Software\The Sims 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff

One of the two IS invalid - and that is the one it's asking you to delete. It will never ask you to delete a key that is valid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 22:07

new link please it doesnt work for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top