Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game: Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb).[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game: Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb).[SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game: Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 03:17

Help

Expansions installed:

1. master suite stuff
  2. Katey Perry's Sweet treats
  3. Seasons
  4. Fastlane
  5. Diesel Stuff
  6. Supernatural
  7. Pets
  8. Ambitions
  9. Outdoor living stuff
  10. Showtime

I installed the Sims 3, then I later installed supernatural first. I then went away for a day and had the rest of them downloading, My internet has now ran out and is at dial-up speed and I've got these 10 + World adventures (which is a non games for the world version, and i haven't installed.)

As it says in the title, when i try and launch TS3W from the Sims 3 folder, I get a critical error saying

Unable to start game: Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb)

I saw another thread where someone had the same error and was helped, and this was requested of them, so here it is:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game: Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb).[SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game: Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 03:27

At a quick glance, I don't see anything glaringly incorrect with your registry information, but I'm not sitting in front of your machine. You can double check that data using my Registry Helper tool found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8929-registry-helper

If you run the tool and nothing shows up red (see the images for an example of what I'm talking about) then you should be fine as far as the registry goes.

If the registry is fine, try renaming your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder to "The Sims 3.bak" and see if it works. If it does work then it's CC/mod or cache related. Post back with the various results and we'll go from there.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game: Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb).[SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game: Service initalization failed (0x0175dcbb).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 03:36

Your amazing, replying so fast, you did the same for the other guy with this problem! I'll do that and edit this post with a reply

EDIT: The only things showing read are The sims 3 world adventures, High end loft and Late night expansions, because they're not installed.

EDIT: I renamed the folder, and it still doesn't work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 03:40

Alright, you can rename the folder back to "The Sims 3"

Final thing. Go into your base game's installation folder, switch to "Details View" (so you can see the file sizes and modification dates) and could you tell us the modification time/file size of these two files please? TS3W.exe, TSLHost.dll

Edit: Also, if you wouldn't mind, open up the file named "Code_Version.txt" and copy/paste the information in that file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 03:45

TS3W: 2/2/2012 6:18PM 13,560kb
TSLHost.dll 2/2/2012 6:35PM 5,076kb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 03:57

Need to download the Ultimate Fix, found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

In the archive you'll find a folder called "# Cracks" - copy both files to the base game's installation directory. That should fix your issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 03:58

I've done the ultimate fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:03

Compare the modification dates on the files in your base game's installation folder, and the ones in the Ultimate Fix that I just pointed you to. The modification dates should be 1 November 2012. For some reason they did not copy correctly, or they were overwritten by something else - one way or another, they need to be copied now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:04

I've just done it now, and they are the right date now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:05

Are you still getting the error?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:08

Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:09

In your base game's installation folder, there should be a file called Code_Version.txt - copy and paste the information in that file please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:09

well, I'm not sure if you'de say that i've done the fix or not, I can't launch the sims 3 to update it, so i was stopped at step 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:11

Download this file and run it. It's the manual patch and it will path your game to 1.42, then reapply the Ultimate Fix

Hang on. For some reason that was pointing to the Mac patch. I'll get the PC one and edit this reply.

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.42.130.0190xx_update.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:15

Okay, I've just realised that i put the TS3W and the other files in the electronic arts / sims 3 folder, not electronic arts / sims 3 / game / bin. I put the crack in the bin folder and launched, and then it let me in, now on pressing play I get cannot find TS3W.exe

//EDIT

It now works, Wow, don't I feel like a idiot! It's not like me to make this sort of error, I'm a programmer! But you sir! you are a legend and a great example of a good member of a community who is very helpful! thankyou very much and have a great newyear!

i'm holding an event for my clan for new years, your welcome to come if you would like to any of the games!

Event info: it's kingdomoflacertus . com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:20

Thanks. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 Jan 2013, 12:09

Thank you hexorcist.

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top