Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start new game since 1.48 update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start new game since 1.48 update. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start new game since 1.48 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 03:39

I updated my game to 1.48 via manual patch and installed the 70's, 80's and 90's stuff pack. I know NRAAS hasn't updated all their mods yet, so I'm not sure if that's the case, but now I can't start a new game even in towns that came with the base game/expansions like Appaloosa Plains. The "New Game" button is greyed out even though all of the neighborhoods are listed and their descriptions and such come up.

That and the downloaded towns come up as "buy now" when the store mode is turned on. Should I just wait and see if/when NRAAS updates that'll fix it or is there something else I can do? My saves load up just fine, I just can't start any new games.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start new game since 1.48 update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start new game since 1.48 update. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Fri 25 Jan 2013, 05:34

Twallan, the creator and updater for NRaas, has said that 1.48 hasn't changed anything that the mods would need to be updated for, so the 1.47 level is really up to date already.

Are you using any other mods though?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Unable to start new game since 1.48 update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start new game since 1.48 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 05:46

The rest are just various items, the latest store fixes from here, and the nointro / no mosaic stuff.

//EDIT

Huh... must've been a weird fluke. I'd closed out Sims 3 to go do people
stuff and just now reloaded it and it's letting me load neighborhoods
now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Jan 2013, 18:11

Hello there,

So... problem solved now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2013, 21:05

Looks like. I wonder what it was?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Jan 2013, 19:23

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working now, strange things happen with The Sims 3. Important is that it's working now.
Enjoy the game and please do let us know if you need more assistance! Unable to start new game since 1.48 update. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top