Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim Interaction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim Interaction Empty Sim Interaction

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 16:53

Ello

Is it possible to move one of your creations into your town and interact with them as you would with any other in-game sim?

Playing sims 3

Back to top Go down

Sim Interaction Empty Re: Sim Interaction

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 22:00

Do you mean a Sim or household you created in Create-A-Sim? Yes, you can.

While playing, click the little "..." button near the left hand bottom corner of your screen. Click Edit Town. Now at the bottom should be your Household library where you can see all the Sim you've saved as households(By click the Checkmark button in Create-A-Sim after you've set up relationships on the portrait screen, the new household defaults to your library.). Click on the Sim household you want to place in your town. A little screen will pop-up on the right hand side, click Place. Then the Sim household will be attached to your cursor. Click an available house that they can afford. The Game will process for a few moments and then the Sims will exist in your game and live at the house you picked for them. You can interact with them like any other sim.

If you want to play/fully control those Sims, click on their house in Edit Town Mode. The window on the right hand side will pop-up. Underneath the both the Family and Home descriptions should be a row of buttons. On of those buttons will say 'Switch to Active Household' when you hover over it. Click this button. A window will popup if you already have another active household warning you that you will lose all their promises and wishes. Click Yes. Then the game will process again and you will take full control of the Sims you created.

Is this what you meant? If you need more help feel freee to ask!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 04:34

Brilliant, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:44

You should really go through and read the in-game lessons. I'm not sure how long you've been playing. But this is a very elementary and fundamental thing to do in The Sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:52

Violent wrote:You should really go through and read the in-game lessons. I'm not sure how long you've been playing. But this is a very elementary and fundamental thing to do in The Sims 3.

I agree, though some people just don't like to read and get in the game automatically, like me - I just disabled the lessons every time I start a new town because it just gets annoying that I see the same lesson in each new game. But you're right because that's something anyone should know. Anyway, korrakat , just explore the game a little bit more , hey! that's what games are made for. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 15:24

Okay, I haven't been playing long and it's not something I could find. Sorry if my question bothers you, but thank you again to the person who was able to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 17:26

At first, I did the same thing, didn't even bother with the lessons. Because I figured, I had played all the other ones this one wouldn't be much different. And thought a lot of things are fundamentally the same, a few of the lessons caught me up on what I was missing. Like the whole new breeding with the pets, who knew it could get so deep with the genetics & looks, I didn't (lol) til I had to go back and read up on it.

Also a good "guide" site that has a lot of useful information as well as a lot of "How tos" is www.thesimswiki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 08:22

korrakat wrote:Okay, I haven't been playing long and it's not something I could find. Sorry if my question bothers you, but thank you again to the person who was able to help.
You're totally welcome. Don't worry about being a bother, I struggled with that too and found the lessons unhelpful for many of my questions. There are websites like those mentioned by the other posters that are helpful, but if you have anymore pressing concerns you can message me. I'm happy to help~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 16:55

As far as I'm concerned, this is the best Sims guide online: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/ . Its very easy to look up specific questions, is accurate, and much better than the prima printed guides.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum