Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not impressed with Dragon Valley...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not impressed with Dragon Valley... Empty Not impressed with Dragon Valley...

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 04:32

So I downloaded Dragon Valley Gold Edition along with the Duke of Bows Renfest, and was really excited for it all because I'm a huge Renfest / medieval nerd. Sadly, though, I've found myself almost overwhelming disappointed in it. The dragons are obviously based on the parrots/birds system, so they just sit there like lumps when otherwise not engaged and they have limited interactions that... don't really mean anything. They have no meters, no special toys, no real benefits aside from a very small list of crappy moodlets attached. I was hoping for actual, y'know, PET DRAGONS.

Then there's Dragon Valley itself. There's no festival grounds, and there's a lot of empty lots in prime locations (like around the 'center' of town) that just feel like they were going to put things there then decided not to. The elves, also, are just different colored humans with pointy ears and nicely Irish/Celtic names. They're not like any other Supernatural race or even the Aliens with some special abilities... that I've noticed, anyway. Feel free to let me know otherwise. There's nothing special about them even though they're touted specifically as Elves. I know races don't tend to come with just worlds, but if they were going to make a song and dance of a special race of people, the least they could've done is put some effort into it.

I know I sound really negative and crabby, but I've just felt even more let down by EA than usual with this. I know they're wanting to, more or less, dump the Sims 3 for the Sims 4 but still... not a real good way to go out.

Back to top Go down

Not impressed with Dragon Valley... Empty Re: Not impressed with Dragon Valley...

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:57

I never expected any of that stuff so I'm not one bit disappointed. In fact the game runs very well when I'm playing on Dragon Valley which is a plus.

No Sims 3 world is worth the money though. None.

Back to top Go down

Not impressed with Dragon Valley... Empty There a mod for dragons

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 16:55

On Mod the Sims, I think I saw some sort of dragon mod that lets you control them. I cannot give the link, but if you to the site and look under "Game mods", you should probably find it. I believe it takes away the autonomy of the dragons and lets you have more control over them. I'm sorry to hear the game is not what it was touted to be, but at least with the pointed ears, you could make some Vulcans Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Not impressed with Dragon Valley... Empty Re: Not impressed with Dragon Valley...

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top