Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Speed Lag?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Speed Lag? Empty Sims 3 Speed Lag?

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:02

Hi,
Firstly, I'm really sorry if there's another topic for this issue; I searched but I couldn't find one! :/
Anywhom, moving on.

I'm not sure if it's a problem that arises from in the game or from my laptop itself, but I've found that my Sims 3 game has an awful lot of lag since I installed the Island Paradise expansion. It occurs mostly when using the super speed part (the one with the "3" key to trigger it) and the lag is so bad that the game freezes for up to a minute or two.
I have got a lot of the expansions installed, which could be part of the problem (I've got WA, Medieval, Pets, Supernatural, Showtime, Ambitions, Seasons, Generations & UL) but I just wondered if there was a way to fix this, or if it's just because my laptop is struggling or something?
It shouldn't be struggling as it has a lot of hard drive space etc., so I just wanted to ask here, since everyone on here is really helpful. 

Thank you so much in advance, and I apologise again if this is in the wrong place or has already been solved somewhere else!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Speed Lag? Empty Re: Sims 3 Speed Lag?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:15

KeroseneCatastrophe wrote:Hi,
Firstly, I'm really sorry if there's another topic for this issue; I searched but I couldn't find one! :/
Anywhom, moving on.

I'm not sure if it's a problem that arises from in the game or from my laptop itself, but I've found that my Sims 3 game has an awful lot of lag since I installed the Island Paradise expansion. It occurs mostly when using the super speed part (the one with the "3" key to trigger it) and the lag is so bad that the game freezes for up to a minute or two.
I have got a lot of the expansions installed, which could be part of the problem (I've got WA, Medieval, Pets, Supernatural, Showtime, Ambitions, Seasons, Generations & UL) but I just wondered if there was a way to fix this, or if it's just because my laptop is struggling or something?
It shouldn't be struggling as it has a lot of hard drive space etc., so I just wanted to ask here, since everyone on here is really helpful. 

Thank you so much in advance, and I apologise again if this is in the wrong place or has already been solved somewhere else!

Hello there,

First of all: yes, unfortunately, laptops aren't made for "hardcore-gaming" in the first place, which means your laptop should be strong enough to handle that game and several expansions.

But OK, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following things:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Then start the game to see if this changed anything.

Also: do you have any "Mods" installed (in the ".package" file format) ? Keep in mind that almost all of them need to be updated when a new patch is released. So make sure to dwonload the latest versions of all your mods (if you have mods of course), then put them into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages and replace the existing files.

Have you also tried the tool "GameBooster" ? Google for that (should be available on Piratebay). Maybe it can help improve your performance.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:27

Hi,
Thank you! I shall try those solutions and report back Very Happy
You've been a huge help and I can't believe how quickly you responded!
Thanks again!

EDIT: Thanks so much, deleting the caches really cleared up the problem! I don't have any mods, so I skipped that step, and only wanted to resort to the game booster if I absolutely had to, but thanks to you the cache clearing has solved the issue a treat - for now at least! Wink
Thanks again for such a speedy response on such a small thing. I really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top