Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANK YOU. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THANK YOU. [CLOSED] Empty THANK YOU. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 19:57

I just wanted to THANK all of you wonderful mods for deleting my links to the news Paradise Island stuff packs so none of your loyal groupies could download them. I was so confused that I had thought this was a pirate site where you offered free games and download links to games. I must have been wrong.

Continue policing this stuff exactly like EA Games and Microsoft would. You are censoring things like this is some kind of third world country.

Games4TheWorld .... But only if we think you should have it.

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU. [CLOSED] Empty Re: THANK YOU. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 23:10

Wow! A second TUN3R...
Ok, I already replied to your complaints... (too bad actually I don't have the right to move your complaint topic to the Complaints section...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 00:15

Shamrock wrote:Wow! A second TUN3R...

Maybe that's saying something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 09:55

Well nobody is forcing you to stay on the forum...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:21

chaseadams wrote:I just wanted to THANK all of you wonderful mods for deleting my links to the news Paradise Island stuff packs so none of your loyal groupies could download them. I was so confused that I had thought this was a pirate site where you offered free games and download links to games. I must have been wrong.

Continue policing this stuff exactly like EA Games and Microsoft would. You are censoring things like this is some kind of third world country.

Hello,

Our policy is "no outside links", and that's for a reason. Perhaps we should indeed make it a rule. At G4TW we take responsibility for our own torrents, but we'd rather not pick up the pieces if a download turns out to be a fake, or contaminated.
You are new to this forum so not exactly trusted (yet). Those users who've been with us for a while know that we appreciate a users' contribution, but we still ask that links to downloads be sent to us first so we can review the quality of the material before making it public.
If you disagree with this, maybe G4TW isn't the forum for you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:33

Shamrock wrote:Well nobody is forcing you to stay on the forum...

Whatever. So what did you mean by "a second TUN3R"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:46

Well that was just a joke... Don't take it too seriously!
Since you're always making jokes about people and being sarcastic around, I didn't think you would take this to heart...
Sorry if you felt hurt, no offence meant!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 27 Jun 2013, 01:52

chaseadams wrote:I just wanted to THANK all of you wonderful mods for deleting my links to the news Paradise Island stuff packs so none of your loyal groupies could download them. I was so confused that I had thought this was a pirate site where you offered free games and download links to games. I must have been wrong.

What do u mean? They are providing FREE games and customer service for you, and do not ask you to pay for it. And what did you say? You claimed that your links has been deleted... What if your links lead to viruses? Good to hear that viruses are provided freely.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 02:51

cat2006house wrote:

What do u mean? They are providing FREE games and customer service for you, and do not ask you to pay for it. And what did you say? You claimed that your links has been deleted... What if your links lead to viruses? Good to hear that viruses are provided freely.
Agreed, you are not supposed to link to outside sources for safety reasons. Plus would you want some wierdo to drain your bank account because of a virus?

All of the people on the forum are volunteers, we help because we chose to. Nobody pays us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 09:53

Shamrock wrote:Well that was just a joke... Don't take it too seriously!
Since you're always making jokes about people and being sarcastic around, I didn't think you would take this to heart...
Sorry if you felt hurt, no offence meant!

I never get offended. I also never joke unless I make it plainly obvious.

Was just curious what you meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 12:35

The links are not trusted. There could be malicious programs or password-protected files (which you must complete a survey in a dump site to obtain).

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 27 Jun 2013, 19:22

chaseadams wrote:I was so confused that I had thought this was a pirate site where you offered free games and download links to games. I must have been wrong.

Well, seems like you're really wrong as this site isn't only a torrent site where you only download free stuff. This site is built for helping people, not only for providing torrents to them. I am sure that you haven't seen the site's motto: "We write Support with capital letter."

And you're skipping one part, no one is paid for this work, we're volunteered to help people and we're trying to do that. EA and Microsoft are getting millions and not helping anyone Wink

Besides, I realyl didn't understand why you're whining about it. You're sharing links that no one wants to have and getting angry with us and probably with users for they didn't want them. Lol. You need to find a new site.. Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 20:34

Phoebe wrote:
Well, seems like you're really wrong as this site isn't only a torrent site where you only download free stuff. This site is built for helping people, not only for providing torrents to them. I am sure that you haven't seen the site's motto: "We write Support with capital letter."

And you're skipping one part, no one is paid for this work, we're volunteered to help people and we're trying to do that. EA and Microsoft are getting millions and not helping anyone Wink

Besides, I realyl didn't understand why you're whining about it. You're sharing links that no one wants to have and getting angry with us and probably with users for they didn't want them. Lol. You need to find a new site.. Smile

Just for the record, helping, trying to help, and boring to death with routine questions are three different things.

I'd stick with torrents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 28 Jun 2013, 17:00

TUN3R wrote:Just for the record, helping, trying to help, and boring to death with routine questions are three different things.

I'd stick with torrents.

And no one is forcing you to get help so make sure you stick with torrents for everyone's sake of mind.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 20:37

Phoebe wrote:
And no one is forcing you to get help so make sure you stick with torrents for everyone's sake of mind.

Gladly.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Jun 2013, 22:22

TUN3R wrote:
Phoebe wrote:

Just for the record, helping, trying to help, and boring to death with routine questions are three different things.

I'd stick with torrents.
 Then again, if we didn't get asked the same questions over and over, we didn't have to keep asking the same things.
But, since we don't want to be like the "Modthesims" and especially MATY website, we'd rather bore you to death with the same routine questions. It does seem to help, since people's problems get fixed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jun 2013, 23:00

TUN3R wrote:Just for the record, helping, trying to help, and boring to death with routine questions are three different things.

I'd stick with torrents.

From a purely semantic point of view, these distinctions may be correct.

But then: who cares ? I don't - and (probably) neither of the other Helpers, Mods, Admins - and most other users too.

And yes, while the hints we provide look repetitive, we do manage to help a lot of people. In German, there is a nice proverb, which goes "Der Erfolg gibt uns recht". In English, this can be roughly translated as "The success shows that we are right". Meaning: it doesn't matter "how" our solutions look; the only thing that matters is the success at the end.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Jun 2013, 23:18

Carlos G. wrote:

I'd stick with torrents.

From a purely semantic point of view, these distinctions may be correct.

But then: who cares ? I don't - and (probably) neither of the other Helpers, Mods, Admins - and most other users too.

And yes, while the hints we provide look repetitive, we do manage to help a lot of people. In German, there is a nice proverb, which goes "Der Erfolg gibt uns recht". In English, this can be roughly translated as "The success shows that we are right". Meaning: it doesn't matter "how" our solutions look; the only thing that matters is the success at the end.

Amen.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 01:08

Carlos G. wrote:From a purely semantic point of view, these distinctions may be correct.

They don't look repetitive, they ARE repetitive. And pointless down to the very core of the word, people tell you when they start the topic that they just updated the drivers and you still tell them to make sure their drivers up to date. That doesn't help, that just annoys the crap out of 'em.

I'm afraid I don't see what success you're talking about. I rarely see anything getting solved, on the current page only one out of what... 20 topics? Is marked as [SOLVED].

Lady ElDi wrote: Then again, if we didn't get asked the same questions over and over, we didn't have to keep asking the same things.
But, since we don't want to be like the "Modthesims" and especially MATY website, we'd rather bore you to death with the same routine questions. It does seem to help, since people's problems get fixed.

Umm... but that's what ModTheSims is like, I know, I've been there a while. I can't speak for MATY since I only go there to call people stupid, then again I guess everybody at MATY is there for the same purpose.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:11

TUN3R wrote:
Carlos G. wrote:From a purely semantic point of view, these distinctions may be correct.

They don't look repetitive, they ARE repetitive. And pointless down to the very core of the word, people tell you when they start the topic that they just updated the drivers and you still tell them to make sure their drivers up to date. That doesn't help, that just annoys the crap out of 'em.

I'm afraid I don't see what success you're talking about. I rarely see anything getting solved, on the current page only one out of what... 20 topics? Is marked as [SOLVED].

Because people keep asking the same questions over and over again. Holy Christ! Of course there are more questions remaining unsiolved since everyday there are at least 20 questions asking the same things over and over again.

Therefore, I suggest we should implement a Sims 3 database so that people won't keep questioning the same issues again.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:50

cat2006house wrote:
Because people keep asking the same questions over and over again. Holy Christ! Of course there are more questions remaining unsiolved since everyday there are at least 20 questions asking the same things over and over again.

Therefore, I suggest we should implement a Sims 3 database so that people won't keep questioning the same issues again.

Now the truth about the so called "helping" comes out, it's in fact just payback, and not just on those who ask those questions but on everybody, thanks cat2006house.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:02

TUN3R wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Now the truth about the so called "helping" comes out, it's in fact just payback, and not just on those who ask those questions but on everybody, thanks cat2006house.

*Hell yeah*, Mr IT Pro. What other solutions can you offer to these problems afflicting the people?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:27

Hello,

I think this topic has seen quite enough activity.
Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 29 Jun 2013, 23:20

TUN3R wrote:And pointless down to the very core of the word, people tell you when they start the topic that they just updated the drivers and you still tell them to make sure their drivers up to date. That doesn't help, that just annoys the crap out of 'em.
Have you ever considered your own useless discussions all the time? They are very pointless, yet you keep continuing them and providing unnecessary and unappreciated criticism.
We say it once again - for the last time - if you don't like it here, then so be it; just leave and never come back. And if that's too hard for you, the "Ban" button is just one click away. Smile
Just give me the word.

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)