Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED Empty NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 00:50

I'm not a noob to the wonderful splendor of G4TW & the incredible fixes.I love you

However, I have encountered a problem that I cannot fix on my own.

I read the instructions thoroughly and even read others' threads here, hoping to find a solution.
To no avail.No

When I try to start the game, it says I need to insert disc for _____EP.

First it said I needed to install the Showtime disc. I even have NRAAS No-CD mod--??
Well, I uninstalled Showtime b/c I really wanted to go to Paradise.Laughing
But the next time I tried to start it up, it said I needed to insert the Pets disc.Shocked
So, you see where this is going... LOL.

I've never had a problem with G4TW downloads before.
I've never asked for help here before. But, now, I humbly beseech any assistance so that I may get to Paradiso!Surprised

And if it will help anyone, I only have purchased TS3 EPs and ones via G4TW.
I really did follow the instructions. Always do & never had a hitch.

ETA: Bad electrical storms here. Our power went out after several elusive flickers.
Apparently I just needed to restart my PC - game is working. I'll be in Paradiso, baby!Cool

Mods: feel free to delete this post

Last edited by SunFlake on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED Empty Re: NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:22

I just tried to start the game, and I'm having this same issue.. this has never happened to me before, either. .-.
Although, it's asking me to insert the Island Paradise disc.

Back to top Go down

NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED Empty Re: NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:24

You can't use the No CD mod.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:38

Catfish wrote:You can't use the No CD mod.
Why not? I've always used it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:42

It's the first note Admin put in when you read The Ultimate Fix. As to why, I do not know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:48

himei_kyomei- since nobody's helped you yet you may want to start a new thread so it gets seenWink

Catfish-
Ummmm...Facepalm I don't see it but my husband can. He highlighted it & then I was able to read it. Old eyes, I guess.NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED Icon_redface
But yeah, the NoCD mod is still in & my game's working, but I'll gladly take out the mod when I exit the game. Thank you!

Last edited by SunFlake on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:59; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:57

You're welcome. :)I hardly see it either, but terror makes me squint harder or something, I guess. I don't know why it's in a light yellow, Smile
Hmm... I wonder why it's okay in your game???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 02:02

SunFlake wrote:himei_kyomei- since nobody's helped you yet you may want to start a new thread so it gets seenWink

Yes, that's probably the best thing to do at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 02:15

Catfish wrote:You're welcome. :)I hardly see it either, but terror makes me squint harder or something, I guess. I don't know why it's in a light yellow, Smile
Hmm... I wonder why it's okay in your game???

Not a clue. I am not a close relative of Twallan, so there's no inside scoop going on.NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED Icon_razz I'm saving to exit-- maybe it won't save.NO DISC error with 1.55 patch + Island Paradise - SOLVED Icon_lol
It did take longer than usual to load, but I figured it was from adding new content.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 02:29

There was something said on the main forums about the temp files causing slowing, especially if people have a lot of store items, or CC. I don't have much of either, so it hasn't affected me yet. (I am only patched - no Island Paradise in yet) It's EA's fix for no longer losing installed store stuff... I think that's what they said. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 02:57

Ahhhh. That makes sense. EA could not fix something unless it borks something else.Laughing

I was waiting for Island Paradise from G4TW before patching (just did awhile ago).
I have yet to add all of my mods & CC back in. It is a process that I habitually dread and fear with each patch, though I don't expect much grief with this patch.
Famous. Last. Words.Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 03:01

Ha ha. I know, don't you even dread to speak it? Jinxing oneself 'n all that. Smile  Well one of the main helpers on the main site said the patch didn't seem too bad. Hope she's right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 03:09

Yay! That's encouraging. I hope she's right, too!

I am so prepared.
Updated mods... check.
Tylenol... check.
Nothing but time... check.
(well, till I fall Sleep)

Let the game begin!cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top