Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question(s) regarding Sims 3 Island Paradise/ other EPs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question(s) regarding Sims 3 Island Paradise/ other EPs. [SOLVED] Empty Question(s) regarding Sims 3 Island Paradise/ other EPs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:06

Hi guys, first of all, just wanted to say thanks for the amazing torrents/downloads. It is greatly appreciated Very Happy. Now, I have a few questions;

1. I've downloaded a the Sims 3 base game and a few EPs from you guys but some EP/ Stuff packs I've gotten from other sources. Will this affect me in any way? (Updating, etc...)

2. This question kind of goes along with #1 but....I tried the "ultimate fix" with Sims 3. I don't know if it worked but when I opened the Sims 3 launcher again, I noticed that one or two of my EPs/ Stuff packs have been uninstalled. (It was University and one other, I forgot =/). Is this normal? Or maybe its because those expansion packs were from other sources?

When I installed the base game for the first time, it was already updated for University so I had never used the "ultimate fix" til today for "Island Paradise"...Sorry if I've posted in the wrong section. I tried to post in another section but I wasn't allowed to.

Back to top Go down

Question(s) regarding Sims 3 Island Paradise/ other EPs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question(s) regarding Sims 3 Island Paradise/ other EPs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:11

No problem with the other sources, everything will work out fine! My base game used to be from Razor...
The section is fine.
The error you get is because you did not correctly apply the Ultimate Fix. Please take the two files from the Crack folder and paste them to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Back to top Go down

Question(s) regarding Sims 3 Island Paradise/ other EPs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question(s) regarding Sims 3 Island Paradise/ other EPs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:23

Thanks for the really quick reply lol. Right now I'm not really too worried about those EPs but I will indeed try that out. However I have another question, wondering if you can help...

Ive tried installing Island Paradise but during the installation, it asks for disc 1. Its proabably because the files/folder got misplaced into different sections of my downloads folder but can that be the reason?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:27

Try to extract into one folder using WinRAR.
Then retry. Does that help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:33

Yes, all is well now Very Happy. Ahhh, I'm so happy. Again, thank you for the quick response and your helpful solutions. I think I will be participating in the forums a lot thanks to you guys, being so supportive and ready to help. Now, I'm gonna try out the game. Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:37

Sure! Glad I could help you!
Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top